Posts by Morph

I had a horrible time with the line 6 and changed to an audio technica. It doesn’t seem to drop out at all and also provides the front of the Kemper with enough to give me my normal sound. I’ve used it on quite big stages with plenty of RF. The had problems with the wireless in ears where the antenna wasn’t close enough and where clipping on some channels triggered the safety compression. I’m sure the Shures are ok as well.

• Good ones, USB recording, liquid profiling, better rig manager
    • Never had it, didn’t know it was a ‘bug’
    • Don’t know, don’t really need one anyway
    • Good, plenty of space for feet but those with big feet seem to use the wee add on buttons

I think you’d like it

I have a similar approach to JedMckenna I have a utility performance which suits most function band occasions. Increasing gain from 1 to 5 with morph boost on 2-5 and morph chorus and delay on 1. Other performances are for occasional bands, jazz and countryish.

Many guitars, some genius and a Kemper

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

those pedals are $500 each lol. i should just buy a kemper stage. is there a way to use the kemper stage for just effects and use a real amp for the amp? thx guys

Yes but I think you might not get the best out of the KPA. You can use a traditional 4 cable method or even put the KPA fx on a loop

If your interface has spdif, it’s definitely worth using that. It means there are no extra AD conversions as the Kemper digital signal gos straight into your DAW. It also means that incorrect gain settings at your oreamp are taken out of the equation. I use Logic Pro and also monitor from the interface not the DAW. Do make sure and purchase a proper spdif cable though, they look just like ordinary coax cables but are different.

And another, if you like a cheeky vocal harmony

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I get it, and make no mistake, some of my axes are NOT cheap. That said, I've transported my best and least in the RBX and have never experienced a negative.

Only home to car to gig/practice and back though...

Me too, if it goes in a van it’s in a hard case

Then you can never get what you ask for, since it’ll affect the sound you send to the desk.

Get a mixer yourself. Have everything else (except the guitar) come from the FOH desk to your mixer. Patch up the headphone output to your mixer. Run your in-ear from that mixer.

Now you are in control of your own sound in your in-ear. Including your level, and eq, and it wont affect the FOH sound. Add to that your days of requesting more/less of yourself in your monitor is over.

Cool idea

Probably wishful thinking, or already available but it do most of my gigs with in ears and there’s a strange immediacy, like you’re standing right next to the speaker. I was wondering if there was an eq/spatial adjustment that would take the edge off. If not it would be a great button

I hear some talk now and then about people wanting a "Kemper 2" and I have always been a naysayer about that. I love the way Kemper has kept the unit valid and upgraded.

I know that some people get bored and have to have the latest greatest so they can be first to tell you how great their new one is that you don't have. As I always say there's a limit to how exact you can replicate a tube amp and Kemper has perfected it IMO. When a unit gets to the point it can replicate an amp so well you cannot discern it from the "real thing" it's all it needs to be.

I wrote this because I was watching a new rig rundown with this new artist and they were all blown away by this reverb pedal (that of course you can't get) and I was listening to it thinking I can make the same sounds using the crystal delays or one of the reverbs that pitch in the Kemper.

We already all have his wondrous unobtainable pedal right in our Kemper keeping up with all this "new" stuff.

And for no extra cost, the list of freebies since I got mine is off the chart. Also a huge fan of the crystal church delays.

Well, the Kemper arrived today, only had a short time to power it up and have a go but all seems well so far. Updated it and played through my valve amps cab with a celestion blue in it with some two rock profiles.. sounded amazing, really great. Thanks for the help everyone, just got to order a cab now, I think I'm just gonna go down the normal guitar cab route, tried FRFR in the past and wasn't a fan, not sure I want to bother with the Kone either but we'll see.

Enjoy