Posts by MichaelRiesenbeck

Have you tried to manually save the state of your Fx before engaging the switch.

i.e. 1) make sure fx are in off state.
    2) make sure switch on ground control is not active.
    3) save state.
    4) press footswitch.

It it could be as simple as the Kemper not transmitting the state of the fx to your foot controller, so you just have to do it manually.

Hi,

Yes tried that. It does not matter which state the fx are in, the on/off is just either sent reversed or received inverse. The weird thing is that it does work with a few of the switches, but not with all. It would help if I would know if it's the GSP C2 or the Kemper's fault. If anyone with the same setup could send me a correctly working rig with the Control2 settings, that would really help. Or even een backup of both devices (without any commercial profiles obviously).

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a weird problem with the midi stuff. I already owned a GSP1101 and C2 before getting the Kemper. I love the effects in the GSP and the amps in the Kemper and the C2 floor controller is really awesome, so I would prefer to use that to control the GSP and the Kemper.

I have setup a lot of stuff on the GSP+Control2 which work fine with the Kemper, except one thing.

On the C2 there are switches 6 until 10 which control Dist, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Control. There is a volume pedal, there is a tuner button, a tempo tap button.

Volume pedal works, tempo tap works, tuner doesn't, but heel down works as well, no so biggy. But, out of the 5 switches (6-10), three work and two do something weird, depending on the effect called on the Kemper.

I have programmed switch 6 to send cc 17, works fine, switch 7 (chorus) to send cc 24, issue. Switch 8 to send cc 27, fine. Switch 9 to send cc 29, issue.

The issue is that when cc's 24 or 29 get send the Kemper reacts, but does it inverse, so on my Control2 the light is off when the effect on the Kemper is engaged and the light is on when the effect on the Kemper is disengaged. Since the other cc's are working, I am guessing that the Control2 is sending the correct cc's. It does not matter if I toggle the status of the effects in the KPA rig beforehand.

Does anyone have similar experiences or better, a solution (other than "but a Kemper Remote", the Control 2 was VERY expensive as well).

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

Michael

There have been similar accounts before ... I just wonder how this is possible and most of all: How can users find out when it's time for a flash initialisation. ... Have you contacted support and sent them a copy of your backup?

No, I was just so happy I finally have a great sound. I do have the backup, so I will send that.

Since I got the KPA I've been struggling to get really, REALLY awesome tones with the KPA. Several profiles improved the sound a lot, but still I was missing something in the sound, when I listened to clips from others, which sounded much more full, with more balls, better frequencies. Especially when using a SC Strat it was really hard to get the defined distortion going when recording into my interface/DAW. The sound through power amp into cab was to die for, so I was much puzzled by what was going on.

So 2 days ago I decided to make a backup of my profiles and do a flash init (Maintenance menu), and reimporting the factory rigs. One of the first ones I loaded up sounded so amazing, that after that I imported parts of my commercial profiles (by using rig manager). That sounded great, but no longer effects going out of the stereo outs. So I did an init of those settings, and the effects returned.

The sound is now SO much better!

It does scare me though, that after importing rigs all of a sudden the outputs 'broke'. I think that might have caused the fact that I had a sub par sound from the start, since obviously I downloaded shitloads of free profiles from the exchange as soon as I upgraded the KPA.

So, if you ever have a similar issue, a flash init can fix this.

I am in the middle of a project. Luckily I tracked also a DI, so I could reamp, and it's a different from day and night. I noticed the sound lacking especially when using palm mutes distortion, like pieces of the frequencies were missing, or the resolution reverted to 11 KHz or something.

Cheers,

Michael

What don't you post a sound clip of such a sound on its default values and the sound after you've changed it.

It's always difficult to talk about sounds, so better to let us hear it.

While it is not the exchange rate here (what a bummer!) it is the simple fact that i do not buy bundles. i have made one exception in four years and while
    some of those profiles remain in my favourites i have never actually recorded with 80% percent of them. So: the possibility to buy each amp profiles
    separately would be a super nice addition marketing-wise.

This bundle is different, I guess. I have not found a profile I would not use in a recording or live setup. Works well with various types of guitars.

mhhh... I think that even a real amp would have sounded "too much" in that context. I believe it all comes to what we prefer when we play alone. In fact, we tend to disregard the rigs that sound like a recorded track, when we audition them ;)

It's odd how we perceive sounds. Lesson I learned is to not disregard a amp I listen to solo, but to always check it in the context of a song/band.

Interesting thread.

I've been experimenting a lot the last few sessions. For a specific song I was looking for a specific sound, without copying the original (this is a cover). Where other profiles in other songs work amazing, I just could not get it right. Tried all kind of things, EQ, more/less gain, pure cab, etc, etc. Then I remembered that I had a similar sound on my last solo album. So I opened the master track for that song to check the sound isolated. It sounded fairly harsh and with a little bandwidth somehow. BUT it sat perfectly in a rather busy mix. I was thinking that if I would listen to a Kemper profile solo'd like that, I'd most likely skip it immediately. My old sound was recorded the old way btw, so with 2 mics.

So I decided to try a Kemper Profile of the same pre-amp I used with that song (a Marshall JMP1). The moment I loaded this profile the guitars sat perfectly! So, even though an isolated sound can sound aweful, in a mix it might work. It's almost like the Kemper sounds are too good, have too big a bandwidth sometimes. And the profile I initially used was a Soldano, so basically a Marshall on sterroids, but still it just didn't work in this song.

A real eye opener for me, this example. A good thing I recorded the dry signal too, BTW ;)

I agree with the tone is in the fingers, I know a lot of my guitar playing buddys sound the way they do through any guitar and any amp. I know I sound the same also. I read on here where Eddie Van Halen was trying out Steve Vai's guitar gear and Steve Vai though Eddie had changed his settings coz he sounded like Eddie :)

Proof:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.