Posts by Micha22

Although "to push, or not to push" was not the question at all... it's nice of you to worry about and even if your intentions

are good your worries are unfounded. Now I know it's a Direct Amp Profile and :

" Direct Amp PROFILEs can be merged seamlessly with cabinets of Studio PROFILEs,

resulting in a single PROFILE that contains the sound of both." Called Merged Profile.

Usually you create both in one profilesession with same amp and settings... I know. You have to take that literally for this reason :

"...to yield as authentic a result as possible."

I don't care about authentic, more 'bout a good sound and the "right" Studio Profile doesn't exist.

So I take another one and hit "Merge Cabinet" again. Why? Because nothing explodes and the sound is awesome.:)

BTW: what you guys think will happen terrible? It's "Merge Cabinet" - not a self destruct button.

Thank you anyway a lot:thumbup:

That's a quick reply, thanks Wheresthedug and sorry - it is not very clear what kind of profile it is actually.The only information on seller page is that it is direct and they don't include a cab.

Now I'm pretty sure it is a Direct Amp Profile.That would also explain why the profile sounds outstanding while "Merge Cabinet" is on and

on the other hand absolutely unusable if "Merge Cabinet" is off.

independently of what it is or not - "Merge Cabinet" works fine in that case! The question is: why I am forced to store all the cabs on my KPA to see that soft button and is that the usual procedure to try out other cabs?

Hey community,

I often like to be "sound-surprised" by changing cab sims.Recently I bought a nice Direct Profile (from SuckerFreeGear - Cameron Aldrich 1.05)

and want to use it with FRFR instead of a real cab (where it's necessary to push "Merge Cabinet" soft button).

To scroll through cabs saved on KPA everything works fine (doesn't matter if Presets or From Rigs).

If I want to try different cabs from a library via rig manager "Merge Cabinet" is not shown.

Here is how I did it :

1) load the DI-Profile that is saved on Kemper

2) lock stack section ( amp & eq only )

3) load a rig (cab) from rig manager that saved on pc or re = no "Merge Cabinet" soft button , sounds horrible.

If I load the same rig (cab) from pc or re again and save the cab on kemper = "Merge Cabinet" is shown , can be pushed and sounds good.

I'm a bit confused. I mean why my kemper insists that cabs must be saved on KPA itself to try it with a Direct Profile?:/

Perhaps that's the way it was meant to be - then I could live with... but it's so laborious.

If I understand or doing something wrong, please correct me and advices and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Jetzt ist der Groschen gefallen. ;) Doch wenn man nicht weiß wo genau man hinkucken muss, sehen die Abplatzer wie Reflexionen des Lichts aus und man sieht den Wald vor Bäumen nicht.
    Ja das ist merkwürdig und ich kenne das von meinem Pofiler nicht und der ist immerhin auch schon fast 4 Jahre alt. Aber ich habe die Rackversion..Bei Dir ist es ja der Toaster. Grüße!

Hallo Wolf345.

Ich möchte Dir nicht zu nahe treten, aber ich starre jetz schon eine ganze Weile auf das JPG und mir will nicht in den Sinn kommen, was für ein Defekt darauf zu sehen sein soll.
    Vielleicht möchtest Du für Aufklärung sorgen?

Gruß, Micha

Hey guys,
    the name was correct. Maybe the author has deleted his files, cause I could not find it anymore too and I respect that.

But here is a lill' trick for you.
    Rig Manager creates a folder with the KIPR files out of Rig Exchange on your computer.
    If you have windows the path is C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\Kemper Amps\Rig Manager.

But remember that this is a temporary folder - so good luck.
    Now you have to search for the right rig names (fortunately they all have always started with "FAN CT..." as I know) and I found 32 rigs here.Put it via drag'n'drop into a Rig Manager folder of your choice and make music :) !

That can be a huge tool and I really often do. But since kemper changed the cab volume feature to "only" rig volume the A-B comparison is more complicated if cabs have different levels.

Does anyone know if it is still possible to change the cab level only, or to save a cab with another volume level?

Wonder that I never heard about the author Tim Kreider before.Really good profiles and boxes too and his FAN CT Chump's are one of my free favorites now.
    If you dont know it - check it out on Rig Exchange.It's worthy. :)

Scheinbar gibt es dann keine Möglichkeit die Loop-Funktion ohne Remote nutzen zu können, wie ich das hier lese? :D

Doch, die Möglichkeit gibt es.
    Mit einem FCB1010 und einem EurekaProm Chip in letzter Version (3.2) ist der interne Looper in vollem Funktionsumfang via Midi steuerbar, inklusive UNDO. Einen FCB-Controller gibt es ab 70€ gebraucht, der Chip liegt neu bei etwa 30€.
    Die Remote ist zweifelsohne ein tolles Stück Hardware, mir persönlich aber zu überladen und Pedallos und aus dieser Perspektive heraus für mich zu preisintensiv.
    Wer ähnlich denkt könnte auf diese Weise 350 "Eier" wieder zurück in seine Hosentasche schieben und trotzdem fröhlich steuern.

Die negativen Aspekte des Chips sind, dass es keinen Editor gibt und die Firma in Europa keinen Vertrieb hat. Das dürfte auch der Grund sein, weshalb hier in der Kategorie Drittanbieterchips fast ausschließlich der Uno besprochen und gekannt wird.
    Der Eurekachip muss also aus den Staaten importiert werden und wird auch gerne mal vom deutschen Zoll abgefangen und nicht zugestellt. Dann "darf" man ihn im zuständigen Zollamt abholen. :P

Remote, oder ncht Remote? Diese philosophische Frage muss dann doch jeder für sich selbst beantworten.Wer mit den etwas steifen Tastern des Behringer und den Umständen bezüglich des EurekaProm leben kann, der hat gerade über eine interessante Alternative zu Remote und Uno gelesen.

"Ich würde mir nämlich nur aus diesem Grund, ( evtl. auch noch 2-3 weiteren), aber primär nur aus diesem Grund die Remote holen..."

;) Und ich bin doch recht zuversichtlich, dass der Looper genau aus diesem Grund für die nicht Remote Nutzer auf die Grundfunktionen limitiert wurde.Er hat ja schließlich mal für uns alle funktioniert.
    Verärgert bin ich darüber dennoch nicht, hat der CK ja ansonsten eine tolle Firmenpolitik mit langatmiger Produktpflege.Andere Hersteller hätten die Besitzer wohl schon längst "gezwungen" für das nächste OS einen Kemper V2 zu kaufen und von daher geht das aus meiner Sicht in Ordnung.

Womit steuerst Du denn momentan den KPA?

It may be sexy, but not $400 difference sexy.

So far, I'm happy with the upgraded chip. I get the looper functionality, mentioned above, as well as most other functionality. The only thing it's lacking is the readout. Since I never looked at a readout in any of my previous gear, I guess that's a bonus that I'm not going to miss.

Thanks for all the replies.

Hey lespauled,
    I upgraded my EurekaProm chip a year ago (V3) and the looper is limited to FCB pedals 1-3 (rec/play/dub - stop/erase - trigger).
    The pedals:
    4 (Reverse),
    5 (half speed)
    6 (undo) doesn`t work.

Have you full access to all looper functions wiht your latest version? Greetings!

Als Erstbesitzer eines 3 1/2 Jahre alten Kempers in passiver Rackversion kann ich dieses Phänomen für mein Gerät bestätigen.Von Anfang an hat die Scheibe des Displays etwa einen Viertelmillimeter spiel, vertikal und horizontal.
    Das hat mich anfänglich schon ziemlich gestört, gerade in Bezug auf den Anschaffungspreis.
    Da es aber bis heute kein einziges Mikrostaubkorn je ins Innere geschafft hat, habe ich es einfach dabei belassen.

Allerdings ist mir im Laufe der Zeit auch Funktionalität wichtiger geworden und was früher noch einen Nervenzusammenbruch hätte auslösen können, etwa ein Kratzer in einer makellosen Gitarrendecke, kann ich heute gelassen belächeln :)
    Die Amerikaner nennen das "usable".

Doch meine Sichtweise auf Equipment muss für Dich natürlich nicht gelten und in Deinem Fall wäre die Garantiefrage ja sowieso indiskutabel.So könntest Du nun den Support benachrichtigen, oder sogar direkt beim Händler wo Du den Profiler gekauft hast umtauschen.

Anyone find out where the new delays are Ruben talk about in That Rig Show #10 (Named: DLY 0101 to DLY 1630)

Obviously not included in:

OP 5.0.3 Release
    Factory Content 5.0
    New Delay Demonstration Preset Pack

?

Can anybody of you guys confirm that:

reverse
    half speed
    undo

of the looper does not work anymore since 5.0 beta?
    I have that problem with an FCB1010 with EurekaProm3 via midi. But perhaps its global and occurs under using UNO and REMOTE , or non-midi switches too? Just interested to know.

A volume meter will never give you a good hint about the perceived volume, especially in a mix.
    And I doubt that anyone will sacrifice the dynamics of the amp, for the sake of unifying the volume.

I truly trust your ears!

Thanks for the confidence you have placed in our ears and I truely trust you.So I was convertet.
    What the limiter had done for me was to bring extremely(!) different levels more into line.It not set it up to the same level.I knew that and just used it at home and never live.That was ok for me but now and after checking this out my limiter really seems to kill some liveliness and vitality of the sound too.Impudence-haha! :P
    I banished it from the signal chain and everythings sounds fine.I try to work more with an Volumepedal in future. THX!