OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• It may be a bad USB stick or something along that line, but whatever it is, I had NO indication that the backup wasn't successful.

@OneEng1
    sorry to hear this.
    you might be right about the USB stick - I probably made more backups than most, several a day due to the ever changing content of my Profilers and I never had a similar issue.

there are tools that check if the USB stick has indeed the size it claims. If a fraudulent USB stick tricks the OS to believe it has 128GB, while it only 64GB - any file written on it after the actually existing 64GBs are reached would have a size of 0kB.

hth

• Can anybody of you guys confirm that:

reverse
    half speed
    undo

of the looper does not work anymore since 5.0 beta?
    I have that problem with an FCB1010 with EurekaProm3 via midi. But perhaps its global and occurs under using UNO and REMOTE , or non-midi switches too? Just interested to know.

• have you stored some old backupfiles from your stick on your computer? I aske because when you rename the .backup file to .tar file and you untar or unzip it you see a folder with your saved rigs in this backup and you can import the rigs again. I hope you have this chance.

Really sorry to hear that man!! I had some bad USB sticks when I first got my KPA and ever since have backed up not just to the stick, but to a folder on my MAC which is pure golden backup to me. I hope it works out well for you!!

Gary ô¿ô

• @DonPeterson,

Thanks for the response.

Is there any way we could get a read-back-check built into the backup to verify that the file actually got created correctly?

I used 2 different USB sticks and had the issue on both of them. One was an SD card adapter to USB, and the other was a SanDisk. Neither one seemed unusual and both worked fine in the PC.

• PCs are funny machines. It could just be that there was a sudden freeze on something on the computer that wiped out/corrupted the USB sticks. Sorry to hear about this, getting everything back *exactly* the way it was may be impossible due to so many parameters.

Heck, maybe you could even set it better. :)

• Very sorry for your lost rig setup. very frustrating that can be. However, I dont think the 5.0 upgrade actually changed rig sounds but perhaps it reset something like an output eq, clean or dist sense, or if you had a new delay on the grit parameter. You might just consider setting back up the way like in the newer system. The last time I had one of these OHHHHHH NOOOO moments and had to rebuild I ended up changing a few things and liked my rig better..

• Same here, reverse and half speed now don't work via midi with the looper. Down to the basic play/record and stop functions.

• I use the remote and have tested this, works fine.So might be a midi change.

• Don't plan on seeing any mention of looper functions in the midi documentation. It is not formally supported through midi use so you won't see it mentioned.

On another note, thanks for adding looper volume to the NRPN list so it can be adjusted via midi.
    Also, am I reading it correctly that to turn hold feature on/off in any given slot is via NRPN as well?

Thanks
    Sean

• Yes, it works, tried it.
    CC35 for the "hold"-feature is a toggle-switch (different to the documentation)... any value sent changes the state of hold. If you have two delays in two different slots, both hold in both slots will be changed with cc35.
    with the nrpn commands you can trigger just the hold in one slot. Great!
    Allready implemented that in my footcontroller :thumbup:

Martin

• @OneEng1

Are you sure, you are waiting until the backup process is over and the confirmation message "Backup completed" appears on the Profiler display? Because if you don't, you will create an empty backup file on the USB stick. However, if you unmount the USB stick too early, a warning message will appear. But if you shut down the Profiler during the backup operation, there will be no message.

All this is not related to 5.0 in particular by the way.

• I just found (and reported to support) my first 5.0 problem.

I had created a bunch of morphed rigs and used them happily with no issues. I went to make adjustments to them (created in earlier operating system obviously) and was surprised when the values wouldn't change! (yes, I tried this with both the 'Morph Button" On and Off). It's as if they are locked.

When I tried this on some very recent rigs from RM - there were no issues changing values for morphing.

Any ideas what's going on here or what I may be missing with the 'older' morphs I made?

Gary ô¿ô

• @OneEng1

Are you sure, you are waiting until the backup process is over and the confirmation message "Backup completed" appears on the Profiler display? Because if you don't, you will create an empty backup file on the USB stick. However, if you unmount the USB stick too early, a warning message will appear. But if you shut down the Profiler during the backup operation, there will be no message.

All this is not related to 5.0 in particular by the way.

Yea. I waited until the screen showed the backup was complete, then I pressed "OK" exited the menu, and removed the USB stick.

You are correct, none of this has anything to do with 5.0, and the delay's are truly wonderful. They exceed my expectations by quite a bit. I didn't know you could do so much with a delay effect.