Posts by stratattack

I see a solution to "AMP to AMP " or "RIG to RIG" morphing - two KPA's and expression pedal controlled 2 chanell mixer.

Can I borrow your credit card to try this ?? :P

Overall morphing is a nice option, not a Be All To End All thing. I'm glad its fairly easy to do , as I don't want to spend hours tweaking everything ala' Ax Fx ( don't get me wrong,I'm impressed by the amount of detail Cliff puts into his stuff, but I want to play mostly, not twiddle dials ).

Thanks Christophe . . this kind of stuff makes me glad I bought my Kemper.

My biggest "problem" is figuring out if I want to buy a Friedman asm 12 or two to play my Toaster thru.

It's all First World problems, folks. At least on here. ^^

Welcome to the Sunny side of the Street . . .I'm a newbie here as well . . playing my KPA thru 2 Yamaha DBR 10's with a Behringer 12" sub . . . sounds pretty good so far. There are some very helpful folks here. As others have said install Rig Manager. Enjoy the ride. :)

I've been looking on RE and only found one of these types of amp profiles. Am I missing something or are there not nay on here? The reason I'm asking is that there is an old Supro in the local music store and its $1295 so obviously I'd rather not lay out that kind of cash. I'm a bit of a Page fan but . . . .

Any help finding some of these would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I believe that they are secretly working on a KPA II

This wouldn't surprise me at all. The KPA is about 5 years old, in this business that makes it a Senior Citizen. The CPU power on the KPA is weaker than any of its current competitors. The Helix and Fractal AX8 both have dual SHARC 450mhz chips and are floor units. To make a floor model of the KPA would be a bit of a trick IF you expect to keep all those knobs and dials of the original unit. Neither the Helix nor AX8 need a fan as opposed to the Ax Fx that must have a fan ( which is the reason Cliff gives for not making a floor Ax Fx). Yes, Christophe could make a new, stronger KPA that does most if not all of what the Helix and AX8 do as I think it takes less CPU power to process a Profile as opposed to a modeling algorithm such as Fractal uses. Line 6's modeling on the Helix is simply reworked HD models and lacks a lot of the detail in the AX8's, which are the same algorithms in the Ax Fx II XL+ Quantum firmware.

Now, would I go get a new Kemper II having just gotten my Toaster? Not right off the bat. Do I really need dual amps and a effect chain like the AX Fx? Do I really need a "kitchen sink" preset? The answer is no, not really. There appears to be enough flexibility so far in the KPA, I will also use some of my outboard pedals in front and in the FX send/return. I am in total awe for the tones coming from my Kemper. I mean I am totally stunned by how great the clean sounds are and find myself just noodling with them. I am in Fender Tweed Heaven right now.

What we really have here, folks, are First World Problems. 8)

Welcome . . I just got here last week. I scored a demo unpowered Toaster head and Remote off Sweetwater. I think they have another listed atm. I am loving the tones from the stock profiles and just downloaded some freebies from TopJimi. This looks like a very fun ride we are on. 8) I also just downloaded MBritt's Tweedy Pack. Love it, it looks like the Kemper will let me "own" all the amps I could never afford much less even find.

True, but he also used the Roland JC-120 a lot for clean sounds.

Spot on, dude . . . Andy did depend on that JC-120 to keep his sounds pristine, like Fripp and Belew did in the 1980's version of King Crimson. Although Belew also used a Johnson Millennium 120 a ton, also, not a bad amp for its time. It's a grand time that we live in to have so many options for guitarists?

Welcome . . I'm a newbie here as well and so far my Kemper is a blast to play. I've found the folks here on the forum helpful and friendly. I am also a recovering Line 6 player. I owned a Vetta, Vetta II, DT25, Variax 700, POD HD 500, POD HD 500x. The only thing left is the Variax, the rest of it has been either traded out or sold over the years as I was always entranced by their new stuff but always found that after a few FW upgrades the DSP would bog down. I gave the Helix a good long look but started to feel like I didn't want to feel cheated again so I focused on either the Kemper of the new Fractal AX8. I'm on the waitlist for the AX8 but got a deal on my Toaster and remote from Sweetwater so I jumped on it.

It's a New World. :)

I got lost on my Toaster for about an hour yesterday, just playing and noodling and learning the lay of the land on it. It was easy to do. Playing guitar is fun again as I don't have to spend too much time trying to fine tune everything as it is pretty good from the get go.

Welcome . .I'm new here also and so far the folks here are quite friendly and helpful. I'm in line for the AX8 and am not sure I'm going to keep it when , if ever I get an invitation to buy it as the line is quite long. I thought the Ax XL+ was too much for what I needed, not knocking it by any means . I did see an XL + and MFC MkIII go for over $3k on EBay today, which is way more than the new price for both units. It's really nuts.