Posts by Job Posthuma

I got the Kemer gigbag for the head.
    The clip on the shoulder strap broke almost imediately, resulting in a Kemper rolling on the street.

bad strap or bad luck? Any experiences? Ask for replacement, or look for something more reliable to begin with?

I can't tell if this was meant to be serious or tongue in cheek, but I think its pretty ludicrous and you'll never get past the first note.
    But, then again, I guess maybe it depends upon how you define something that 'sounds 100% right'.

was serious :)
    Focus on how it sounds seems so obvious, but looking back i certainly had my times where i focussed on speed..hitting certain notes...picking techniques...etc...maybe getting results there..but not always with the right sound/timing(sound from fingers/picks, not from gear). Maybe thats a typical phenomona with guitar players
    Having a very strict regime for yourself paracticing that departement i believe delivers very good results.

No, I haven't. I suppose I should, but that will also put the Katana's effects into play I think ...

Using the effectloop, cabs off...is when i started yelling halleluja trying this amp. Try that! :)

In default the fx are behind the return.according to the manual you can change this with the included software.

The fact that position of the return is programmable, brings the conclusion that the return enters the digital domain again.
    In theory the aux in could be the best option cause it MAYbe analog in into the power amp.

Be sure there are some difference in the in/outs between de 50W and the 100W versions (extra send/return. midi etc.) and the are all mono.

Otherwise for stereo the Blackstar ID Core100/150.

it seems that the return is fed into a A/D....through the processor..then D/A to the power amp.
    It sounded great when i tried it in the shop, but avoiding an other a/d/d/a conversion should be better.
    Is there any info on how the aux in is routed to the power amp? All analog or also through the processor?

yeah mine has the eureka prom and does what its supposed to, but I'm not feeling the travel of the pedals, and I don't like the fact that I have to switch between preset mode, and pedal mode to be able to get to all features of the rig. I think my second biggest annoyance, and this might be a Kemper limitation (not sure yet), but I want to have one pedal, that's volume all the time unless I trigger a toe button like on a real wah pedal and then it becomes a wah. I'm pretty sure I just need a different pedal and that can be toggled in the Kemper setup. The FCB pedals dont have toggle switches in the toe down position

with the chip, its pretty much plug and play imo. Switching between modes doesnt sound familiar to me. The Kemper chip gives you the 5 rigs in Your performance mode, 4 stomps, and delay tap per bank at factory settings.

Pedals:
    With mine 1 pedal is always volume, pedal 2 is always wah.
    I leave The wah effect always on, because it bypasses when the wah pedal is not moving, pretty convinient imo.
    Hoping to find a way to toggle pedal 2 to control delay volume...but didnt look very hard.

If you have a "nut problem", which can be identifiied by when you bend a string, you sometimes hear a little ring/Ping at the nut, heres a little trick that works great:

Use a pencil to get Carbon in every slot of your nut.
    (The more modern pencils with a very thin Carbon rod inside work best, easier to get it in)

Carbon is a great lubcricant and polish substance...solved it for me every time.

I do!...less since i have the KPA...

I more or less handle them the same:

In the old days, i spend a lot of time buying/settting up a rig, and then decide to stick with it for at least a year. Saved me a lot of time trying and buying new geár on the first day of frustraion :)

KPA...i decided on a limited number of sounds, and put them in a performance (2), thats what ill work with for now. Keeps me from endless search for next thing...and gets me focus on playing (with what i got)

I tried the KPA on my own ac15 (at home)
    Used The mon out with cabs disabled.
    The ac15, at least mine, is very enthoustiastic in producing highs, so i had to compensate quite a bit using the mon out eq....but...got me a pretty decent tone.

FOH...id use Kemper output, not a mic