Posts by Job Posthuma

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I could tweak my way to the “Little Wing - Black Sabbath” scenario, morphing EQ, compressor and then mix on a fuzz/shaper/distortion Stomp. However, you can only have one morph per Rig. You couldn’t then have another expression control gain, though a workaround could be to set the volume pedal function at the input and with an offset. Hmmmm...

Im not sure about the kpa controler, but using 3rd party controler..I can have 4 expression pedals controlling just about anything...2 via controler/midi, 2 in via the back of kpa...even more if you add “expression to midi” devices.

So having the expression control OP needs, morph/gain/volume shouldnt be a problem right?

1 no. As long as your cab is 8ohm or more.

Potentially the 600w amp can blow any speaker...but if your cab is 75w or more...and your not gonna put it at “11”...no worries.

2 idnk If an USB cable is included to hook it to your PC, which is nice to check the rig Exchange. In the early days you needed a USB stick to update to latest iOS...idnk of that is still the case. Regardless...its plug and play anyway. You might wanna scout some profiles before it comes in the mail.

3 you only need to ditch that rack tuner...assuming you have the controler ;)

Phase issue?

Altough it would have been there running stereo...switching to mono may cause it to be more apparent.

In short, a phase issue occurs when speaker A moves forward, while speaker B backward at the same time, resulting in the speakers canceling eachothers output.

The cause is either a setting in a device (not possible with kpa), or faulty speaker wiring.

Idnk how to check If your speakers are properly wired. (Easy with passive cabs)

First thing I would do is switch one off, If the problem disappears you have a very strong indication of a phase issue.

Anything stereo in your setup that has “invert” options that might cause it?

I profiled an amps preamp using the effectloop...the results were surprisingly good, especailly when played back through the return of the perticulair amp obviously, but I play them regularly using the powersection in my kpa...sounds great.

Thanks for the help. Then I just put the amp into my audio interface?

Very interesting! Will try that.

Thank you for the help! Also are they TRS cables for the loops?

Im not sure what you mean by “amp into audio interface”.

Whatever.....Never put a speaker output into anything other then a speaker...or a device specifcly designed to take a speaker...else your gonna get fireworks and break stuff.

To record / go I to an audio interface with the setup I mentioned is a littlebit tricky.

For the scenario where u use your amp in the loop, and disabled the amp section on the kpa:

In theory you can put an ir in the cabsection so your soundcard gets a cabsimmed signal of your amps preamp. (It will miss the powerampcolor...but in many cases and with the right ir...thats fine)

But....the Kemper is bugged when you switch off the amp section...as soon as you activat a cab in the preset, the sound to your amps return / actual cab, gets effected also, which shouldnt happen when you switched those off in the output. Its minimal....so maybe its fine to your ears.

For profiling you preamp, check the manual...but remember....keep the speakercable into your speaker....and nothing else unless you have a special device for that.

I regularly play the kpa through returns of combo’s.

For pubs and clubs....nothing beats it imho...much much better then an frfr to my taste.

Some time ago I saw one of the top cats in my country going frfr next to a guy with a fender deluxe in a club...really night and day differnce.

Also...that and feeding foh with your cabsimmed signal works great!!

On a budget, go for a ss combo 100w and up..actually a fender frontman wasnt half bad.

Peavey valveking sounds really good, those go for 200,- ...really heavy though.

Tube power still beats ss imho.

Personally I went for a egnater rebel. Those are small, affordable, and sound great.

I pair it with a cab when required.

I can also recommend the egnater renegade for this application...sounds even better..but tbh...cause of the compact format of the Rebel..it doesnt get out much,

Probably all good tube combo’s with an effectloop do the job, and plenty of those on the used market.

Going camplifier is also a very good option. I play the 2x90 regularly. Although I prefer tube power a tad....the convinience of the build in amp gets it a lot of playtime, paired with a lightweight cab its excellent for places with some distance between your car and stage.

Consider putting the amp in the loop of the kpa. That way you can switch between kpa sounds and your amp.

Guit > kpa—>kpa send—>amp front—>ampsend—>kpa return—>kpa mon out —>amp return.

Switch cabs of with the global function in the output section.

For presets where you use your amp switch amp, stack and cab* off in the kpa preset.

(Loop on obviously)

* in theory you could leave cabs on in the preset cause you disabled in the output section. However when you switch the amp section off, switching cabs on and off does effect the output section, which it shouldnt cause cabs where disabled in th output. Kpa bug unfortunatelly.

Btw...profiling your amps pre amp only and play those through the return of your amp works excellent!

Intially i regreted getting the unpowered version because bringing seperate power amps is a hassle.

I got me a stereo camplifier amp, a retrofit for an unpowered toaster. That gives me the option of a very compact stereo rig, especially combined with a stereo cab. One way trip to the car actually!

Nevertheless i sometimes hook the kpa to the return of a good tube combo.

So the powered kpa, a cab and a combo give me loads of options.

Actually gives me best of all worlds, compact and light ss rig, stereo, tube power, or old school 4cm with the combo.

Yep, as Sam said there was a post a while back and the team confirmed ot was a bug and would be fixed in a future OS update. I would expect the full release of 5.7 will probably fix it.

You sure it was confirmed?..any timelines?

I got feedback from support that the differnce between cabsim off and cabsim on....on the monitor output while cabs disabled on that port..was a result of how the kpa was designed.

Although the issue that cabsim off sounds different just by loading an ir and keeping it off is not exactly the same..does seem in the same ballpark.

Anyone did a thourough check on the old verbs?

Since I was setting up all my stuff in new performances I may wel be mistaken cause my reference is a tad shaky....but i am under the impression that the wet/dry balance of the old verbs is towards wet in the new release...

I see, using the rig buttons (up and down) right ?

So when i do lots of changes on my favourite performance rig, but then i will not switch to other performance, but rather turn the device off, after i turn it back on, my current performance will be modified ? i think this is what's happening right now, i change lots of stuff in my performance, turned of device when i finished playing, and next day after turning it on, my performance had all last modifications, without way to restore to last time i used 'store' button. switching to another performances didn't help.

Ime:

Changes to a performance remain, even when switching off, untill you either switch performance, or use the controler to select a slot.

If changing performance didnt work....u sure u didnt hit save somewhere in time?