Posts by dfdfan

So, uh, it seems like I'm a cautionary tale. All of my Kemper Player woes are my fault. I go from the Kemper into a looper and thereafter out to monitors. I simply didn't notice that my level out of the Kemper Player was just way, way too damn high. I have some great working profiles.

If you haven't already, be sure to unlink the volume from the master knob once you get your output levels set since you're hitting another device between the player and the amp/monitors. That way you can still use the knob for the other output without hitting the looper too hot.

I get nervous every time something new gets added or upgraded. The toaster is the only software based hardware I have ever seen that (so far) doesn't need to be replaced every so often due to growing software and storage demands.

Here's an example. The pushing the mids to +12 and the volume to +5 before the stack can really push the gain. In this case I'm running the amp gain at 3.5 (mid to high gain plexi profile) but its also practically dead silent without a noise gate and cleans up super.

If you are modifying profiles that you have on the stage, be sure to copy it so that you dont lose the original as it is still a possibility that the player will be updated at some point to not be limited in the effects. I ended up replacing the kemper drive on one of my profiles with the graphic eq believe it or not and now I actually prefer that rig that way. (Think old EVH mxr mid boost into a plexi.) Its important to note here though that the adjustable frequencies on the graphic eq effect are different on the player than the toaster - not sure why - but close enough to get the right curve for me. At home I run the player and the toaster in a dual stereo setup and I was able to get it almost indistinguishable. It really depends on how you you're using though, settings, etc.

Would love to see the feature where you can save presets under individual pedals and effects. Called user presets possibly . Where it says Load type/Load default could say Load User Preset then your saved setting can appear. I know you can lock the effects but this would be a great way to quickly access your settings without having to start from scratch again each time .

It's really easy in RM but a little clunky to get used to. The easiest way is to drag the effect icon you want to save over to either The profiler or the Local Library Icon in RM under All Presets. It will auto name the preset the same as the rig name, but then you can rename it to whatever you want.

1. Drag Your New Preset:

Find Your New Preset:

Rename You New Preset:

Select You New Preset Anytime:

You will need to change the owner's name on the kemper itself, not through rig manager. In system settings (page 295):

Edit Owner

Using the soft button labeled “Edit Owner” you can edit the Owner Name and assign a Device Name to your

PROFILER. Assigning unique Device Names is useful if you intend to connect and manage multiple PROFILER

units with the Rig Manager application.

Then that author name will be the author for any amps that you profile and the device name will be the profiler's name as seen when connected to RM.

Yeah. From "tiny bit less than zero" to "absolute zero" to "tiny bit more than zero" - something like that.

Probably completely inconsequential and inaudible differences. If you're like me, you will still try to get it to absolute zero regardless :)

Yeah, I don't hear any difference as well but I wonder if it has some sort of significance to the kemper team in the code or whatever. I've just never seen this done before. Another mystery in the universe.

Nothing will be lost re: all the amp controls settings remain in the player. You just can't edit them in the player. So if you adjust the additional settings in the rack and save the profile, those new changes will stay on the profile and play the same in the player. Hoping that the kemper team unlocks the editability on the player in the future.

Kones are brandband speakers and CK said you can try and put them into opened-back cabinets.

There are Jensen's imprints and, IMO, it could be better to tend towards Fender's sounds with opened solutions.

On the other hand, you're right to underline sound's incidences in this configuration (there's bass boost too ;) )

I think you mean broadband? Nevertheless, I've actually been wanting to try some of my rigs in an open back because they aren't quite as "3-d" so to speak. If the cone can survive an open-back I might be taking a saw to one of my kab backs. I'm off to the shop!!! Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for their input...I've been doing a lot of research on trying to figure out what FRFR setup works for me playing at home.

At this point, I'm thinking of buying 2 or 4 of the Kemper Kones and just putting them into a 2x12 cabinet or 4x12 cabinet depending upon how many speakers I buy and just going this route. For less than $500 I can buy 2 kemper kones, an empty or old 4x12 and just install the speakers and go....

I like the look of the real guitar cabs for cosmetic purposes so putting these speakers in a 4x12 cab IMO would look and suit me the best.

I would be carefull doing that. At low volume you might find your bass response lacking or overbearing depending on how you eq and at high volumes you can risk tearing the speaker cone paper. Having 2 or 3 empty holes in the cab will allow the 1 or 2 speakers in there to travel more than they should. At the very least try to seal up to remaining holes in the cab. Or fille them with dummy speakers. FR type speakers are not meant to be open back (or front in this case).

The Manual does not agree with this:

Volume page 165:

This parameter can be used to balance volume gaps between different PROFILEs. The Rig named “Crunch”, which is default in all Slots in Performance Mode, could be used as a volume reference.

Yeah, my bad. I was thinking that stack/amp volume could effect input levels to the following blocks differently like clipping into the delay or something, but they are the same. I've just always used rig volume by default. You forced me to re-read the manual and Amp Volume is the recommended parameter to create unity levels between rigs while Rig Volume is to create unity volume within setlists. Sorry if I led anyone astray.

No, I found and think this is an issue with the Kemper profiler amp. When I change the rig volume from the physical knob of the pedal, it work and I can save it. When I do the same from the app, changing the rig volume has not impact. Seems like a bug. I hope a new firmware (fixing also the lack of midi Channel selection X() will be released soon !

Anyway, thanks for your answers !

Just to be sure we're talking about the same rig volume control, I'm talking about the one in the rig section, not the amp section. Making changes here will get your different rigs to be the same volume and does save per preset from the app.

ok i think i figured it out ... i have to set the pedal mode in the fx page to on but for some reason it defaults back to touch when i change presets some time, not sure if that's intended. i locked the pedal fx now to be sure. reading up in the manual touch is definitely not what i want :)

You shouldn't need to lock the fx block, you should just need to save the rig and it will stay in pedal mode for that rig. If you lock it, that block will always be a pedal wah for every rig and you won't be able to modify it for different rigs. You may want to use that block for a different fx or even a different wah for other rigs. If you are creating a wah preset with specific settings that you expect to re-use in many rigs, you can also save it as a preset. In rig manager, just drag the wah block over to the presets folder and name it (both local and profiler folders). Then it will show up in the drop down under wah/wah type/preset name