How to adjust profile relative volume (Rig or Amp volume has no effect) ?

• Dear forum,

Just for the context, I have a Profiler Player pedal used in stereo in a pedal board (so using monitor out which are the only stereo options). I want to calibrate my clean and distorted profiles volumes and find no options to do so. Rig volume has no effect (as Amp volume). Master volume is linked to monitor out and works properly but on all profiles.

Thanks for your support

• You don't want to use amp volume (located in the stack section). You want to use rig volume located in the rig section which is used to match volume levels across presets. If that's what your using and its not affecting change, you should open a support ticket.

• No, I found and think this is an issue with the Kemper profiler amp. When I change the rig volume from the physical knob of the pedal, it work and I can save it. When I do the same from the app, changing the rig volume has not impact. Seems like a bug. I hope a new firmware (fixing also the lack of midi Channel selection X() will be released soon !

Anyway, thanks for your answers !

• No, I found and think this is an issue with the Kemper profiler amp. When I change the rig volume from the physical knob of the pedal, it work and I can save it. When I do the same from the app, changing the rig volume has not impact. Seems like a bug. I hope a new firmware (fixing also the lack of midi Channel selection X() will be released soon !

Anyway, thanks for your answers !

Just to be sure we're talking about the same rig volume control, I'm talking about the one in the rig section, not the amp section. Making changes here will get your different rigs to be the same volume and does save per preset from the app.

• thanks , that’s clear for me !

The bug is the following : changing the volume from the rig section of the rig manager has no impact. Doing the same from the pedal update correctly the rig volume from the rig section and works well (and can be saved)

I hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks for your support !

• You don't want to use amp volume (located in the stack section). You want to use rig volume located in the rig section which is used to match volume levels across presets. If that's what your using and its not affecting change, you should open a support ticket.

The Manual does not agree with this:

Volume page 165:

This parameter can be used to balance volume gaps between different PROFILEs. The Rig named “Crunch”, which is default in all Slots in Performance Mode, could be used as a volume reference.

• thanks , that’s clear for me !

The bug is the following : changing the volume from the rig section of the rig manager has no impact. Doing the same from the pedal update correctly the rig volume from the rig section and works well (and can be saved)

I hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks for your support !

It is working perfectly for me using both the Player Knob and Rig Manager so it doesn't look like a bug. How are you loading the Rig for editing and how are you saving it once edited?

• The Manual does not agree with this:

Volume page 165:

This parameter can be used to balance volume gaps between different PROFILEs. The Rig named “Crunch”, which is default in all Slots in Performance Mode, could be used as a volume reference.

Yeah, my bad. I was thinking that stack/amp volume could effect input levels to the following blocks differently like clipping into the delay or something, but they are the same. I've just always used rig volume by default. You forced me to re-read the manual and Amp Volume is the recommended parameter to create unity levels between rigs while Rig Volume is to create unity volume within setlists. Sorry if I led anyone astray.

Edited once, last by dfdfan ().

• Yeah, my bad. I was thinking that stack/amp volume could effect input levels to the following blocks differently like clipping into the delay or something, but they are the same. I've just always used rig volume by default. You forced me to re-read the manual and Amp Volume is the recommended parameter to create unity levels between rigs while Rig Volume is to create unity volume within setlists. Sorry if I led anyone astray.

One of the great things about the kemper is that there are often several ways to skin the same cat :)

• Yeah, my bad. I was thinking that stack/amp volume could effect input levels to the following blocks differently like clipping into the delay or something, but they are the same. I've just always used rig volume by default. You forced me to re-read the manual and Amp Volume is the recommended parameter to create unity levels between rigs while Rig Volume is to create unity volume within setlists. Sorry if I led anyone astray.

I believe (possibly Wheresthedug) tested this a while back and tested/found that changing the amp volume has no effect on the delay/reverb clipping. I'm not sure how that works, or why it wouldn't, (magic digital routing?) but I haven't noticed it doing anything strange. I always adjust my levels that way and save the Rig volume for boosting/morphing.