Posts by guitarman967

I started a comment thread about rigs sounded different (in a bad way) after the newest update. Low end sounds fuzzy and undefined on high gain profiles. There’s a static sound running through the entire profile.

I wanted to roll back to the previous OS to troubleshoot this but Kemper took all the previous versions away for some unknown reason...

I hope they offer a roll back because I can’t hang with the new sounds and either can the guys local to me that know have the same issue since the update.

Sad state of affairs.

I’m looking to revert my OS back to OS 5.5.2.13463

For troubleshooting purposes. Kemper seems to have removed all OS but the newest one (which I’m having issues with).

If Kemper or someone on this board can send me the Kaos.bin for it, I’d appreciate it very much! Thanks

have you tried re-installing the OS?

Don, Why has Kemper removed the ability to revert our profilers back to the last OS version? Its not only removed from the site, its greyed out on the Rig manager tools tab. Its hard to accurately troubleshoot this without the ability to go back. Ive never seen past OS removed on any other updates. Do you know of any way I can get it back?

One wonders why the entire Kemper planet hasn't risen up in protest.

Not saying you don't have an issue, obviously you do.

I'm going to check mine out again.

Like I was pointing towards earlier, I believe its less obvious if youre using clean or semi overdriven profiles. I tune down fairly low and rely on the Clarity of Kemper's low end definition. With that type of sound it becomes much more obvious.

DOn, How can I obtain the Kaos.bin for OS 5.5?

have you tried re-installing the OS?

Don this is happening across the board at two different well known studios. The amp profiles sound like they’ve been downgraded from Wav files to mp3’ quality-wise. It’s literally obvious. The rig manager popping is happening on two different pro set ups. We’be been able to duplicate the issues on totally different kempers and interfaces etc.

This does not happen to me.

I'm sorry it's happening to you, but I have no issues.

Hope you get it sorted out.

You get it sorted out by backing out to the previous OS revision. It’s there, you just haven’t realized it yet.

The shittest part of this is that Kemper removed the last OS. The other other one up there is 1.8 OS from literally YEARS AGO. What’s up with that?

Well, I think they should always have the "previous version" also available for download.

I do have the 5.5.2 relase : Kemper Profiler OS 5.5.2.13463 Release. This is the one running on our Kemper.

I don't think I can upload as an attachment as it is ~ 8MB but I could email to you probably.

You’re awesome. Could you email it to me? If I can’t revert fully, I’ll selling this thing!

It’s definitely there. Not just my ears, 4 different people on my end have confirmed.

What style profiles are you guys using and what tuning? It’s possible if you’re using very clean profiles and not tuning down or using a lot of effects, that you may not hear it right away.

I’m hearing it very clearing in Drop A or lower on a 7 string guitar with High gain profiles.

Well, I think they should always have the "previous version" also available for download.

I do have the 5.5.2 relase : Kemper Profiler OS 5.5.2.13463 Release. This is the one running on our Kemper.

I don't think I can upload as an attachment as it is ~ 8MB but I could email to you probably.

I’m on the site and it’s gone. Do you see it?

this discussion appears everytime when a new OS is published

and it always leads to nowhere

this is simply not true, KPA stays the same sound wise , FACT

it’s a night and day difference. If you can’t hear obvious tone differences I feel bad for you. Four of my friends who all have kempers have ALL noticed the difference... to the point of literally not wanting to play it after the update.

Like I said, they pulled the last OS! Can’t compare what I no longer have. Listen to a high gain rig and chug some palm mutes or play faster notes. super unclear sounding now and there’s a white noise effect in the highs. Major bummer. It’s like the new Reverb’s are using processing power that takes away from the main rigs or something.

Switching back to last OS if possible. The new update has completely changed the lowend of high gain profiles. There’s a very clouded tone now. Sounds horrible honestly. I don’t like this compromise kemper..

Also, when you change profiles on the rig manager software a loud click or pop happens now.

First Kemper fail....<X

Edit* went to the kemper site and the last OS isn’t listed? Seriously?

Nice write-up.

However, I wouldn’t turn off pure cab as it does exactly what it’s intended to do. It smooths out mic phasing and harshness that gives kemper owner’s a huge advantage tonally speaking to achieve a polished sound over an engineer that is capturing sounds traditionally.

I keep mine set at 6.4 globally and as soon as I turn it off, an unnatural harshness is present. Toothy high end and the mic setting doesn’t seem as sweet.

Spend some time with it, inch it up a little at a time until you find the sweet spot, It definitely adds a lot to the overall sound, so much that I wouldn’t use the kemper without it.

Well it appears quickly just turn the browse button (not type) Hope it helps PS every new reverb starts by REV

right but when you hold the reverb function to bring it into focus, it SHOULD bring you to the reverb settings and therefore the section of browse where the reverb presets. If you turn the browse dial, you have to scroll through pages upon pages of effects before you finally find the reverb presets. Its just not intuitive and any new user will ssurely be confused as to why another effect comes up when you hold the REVERB button. Do you not agree?