Posts by patrick2099

Thanks. That's another thing in my "find out what it is" list, along with using the studio eq for more than just low and high cut.

Glad things are working out. For more touch sensitive stuff, I have had the best luck with Top Jimi and MBritt. I use different profiles for higher gain stuff. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this thing though. I haven't even messed with Clean Sense or Distortion Sense, yet.

Another quick one, before unplugging the Kemper.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This isn't the best example, but I was trying to get something quickly before the giant storm hit. This is even sloppier than normal.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This was using a Top Jimi TJ - YJM Med profile, with the amp compressor turned up to 3.8, and the reverb level lowered a little.

Not sure that this is the case here, but many problems with cleans/low gain being "lifeless" come from playing at low volume. I know it's digital and what not, but if you can hear your guitar acoustically while playing, the volume is too low, way too low. Crank it up and enjoy life! :). Digital or not, it needs to move air, otherwise we shouldn't expect miracles. Blow on your string and see if you get feedback - if yes, the volume is right :)

p.s. I hate headphones and would never monitor through ones, so I can't comment on this unbiased.

I actually like to sound of the cleans through decent headphones, and I've never liked guitar through headphones on anything.

I'm not fully happy with any cleans on the Kemper or any amp I've played unless it is loud enough to make the speakers move a little. I can do this at lower volume with the Kemper and small monitors than I can with a single or multiple 12 inch speakers in a cab or combo.

#1 Solo from No More Tears
    #2 Some type of ZW rhythm tone
    #3 Solo from Mama I'm Coming Home

Thanks!

I think that there may be an issue with the link you posted. It has a box with a diagonal arrow, pointing up in it, just like your other links, but they all work. This one won't let me click on it, for some reason.

This looks like it is working:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IO41P2GmIU

Those profiles sound great, though! Damn near all of the profiles I've bought are 800s or Silver Jubilees, of some sort. Looks like there will be some more joining the family. Thanks for making these!

Also, some of the profiles -- especially the professionally made profiles -- seem to have better touch sensitivity. You can probably get an idea of which profiler makers work best for you, by testing out the rig packs. Also, a lot of the profile sellers have additional free profiles available. Some can be found on their websites, and some on this forum.

I'm basically in the same boat as you. I'm self taught (poorly, with a lot of bad habits). I am typically just playing through monitors. I've had my Kemper about a month and a half, and am really enjoying it so far. I've been playing more than I have in years. I am happier with it than others modelers and lower priced tube amps. I don't live somewhere where I could get my money's worth out of bigger, better tube amps.

For desktop VST, I liked Amplitube 4 and Mesa Boogie, but didn't really like anything else. I couldn't get anything I liked out of Bias, without a lot of effort, but others have had more success with it. The HD500x through a DT25 sounds pretty good, to me, but I really have to put a lot of time into the patches. The Kemper, I do very little tweaking or eq, and can get tones I like.

I have some clips on soundcloud of a very below average dude, with normal gear, playing through some hardware and software modelers, if that is any help to you.

https://soundcloud.com/patrick2099

(couldn't figure out how to list a playlist directly into the thread)

The pitch control is done by the whammy and with an expression pedal. I had it in slot b and i set it from 0 to +12 and i used both so you get this large whammy effect without breaking the strings. Vivat kemper :D

That clip you made with the TMS Silver Jubilee is awesome, too! Great playing and great profile!

Thanks a lot! I had been wondering the same thing.

I made a few tracks testing out some of my favorite higher gain free samples from @sinmix, CiliLab ( @Cili ), Live Ready Profiles ( @deadpan ), and @ChopTones. These are all completely stock -- the only knob or button I touched was the noise gate. No eq or effects were used in the DAW, other than attempting to normalize the volume between guitar tracks. All were single-tracked. Guitar was a Schecter C1 Classic, with an old JB in the bridge. Please ignore the very sloppy playing.

I'm still trying to decide which ones are my favorites, but I'm sure I'll end up buying most or maybe all of these, after I test some more. All I know is that these four guys put out some really great profiles. Thanks for taking the time to make them and for releasing the samples.

I also want to give them a try with my EMGs, but I really need to learn how to reamp, using the Kemper. Which ones do you guys think sound the best with the JB?