Posts by patrick2099

I haven't been on here long, but your posts have always been courteous and informative. Hopefully you'll be back soon, and hopefully the people personally attacking you will grow up.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Couple days left on the sale!

Awesome! That's your second one of yours I've seen on his channel, now!

I couldn't decide between Pack 2, BoC, and the Sweet Sixteen. I appreciate everyone's help in here, and don't want to keep bothering everyone in this thread (plus tomorrow is pay day), so I grabbed all three. To answer my own question of "which packs have good cleans for a Les Paul with Alnico 2 pickups in it" the answer is all of them!

By turning down the 650 hz in a graphic eq about 2 dB and usually boosting clarity a little, my Les Paul sounds great with all three of these packs. Everything from really clean to edge of breakup -- just like I was looking for! I was really just looking at the cleans, but I had the LP out, so I had to try a few Marshalls too, not that I needed any Marshalls, and those are amazing, too.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions in this thread and to Michael for making these awesome profiles.

After buying all three, I'm not buying any new profiles for a while!!! But... that Modern Pack is so tempting =)

The Schecter C1 Classic is a super Strat with Humbuckers? If thats the case pack 2 will satisfy as you have the Diezel ,Dumble plus Marshall etc in that and sound great on humbuckers (for me at least), I would consider the BOC otherwise of cause depending on what style your playing.

Ash

Thanks. Yah, the C1 Classic is a super strat with a JB and a Jazz that you can split or tap (not sure which one). So far, all of Michael's profiles sound awesome with it. I'm probably just going to grab 2 and BoC soon. I should just save the time and buy them all, because I know that's how it's going to end =)

I'm up to 81 pages read on this thread, now, and have gotten some great information here.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I picked up the 65 AC30, and haven't had a whole lot of time with it yet, but it sounds great with my Schecter. I'm still debating between the BoC, the Sweet 16, and Pack 2. So many great profiles...

Try Bert Meulendijks new friedman pack or check out the thread TMS profiles. There is a cool Marshall SL 5.
    But whatever you do, in front of buying commercial profiles check out rm. Paults marshall jubilee is killer or check out some jcm 800 profiles. The jcm 800 fron Andy (TAF) is also outstanding.

Bert's Friedman pack is on my list. No idea why I haven't got it yet. Probably became &timowens Friedman stuff is so good. I have multiple 800s, Jubilees, and AFDs, since they are my favorites (Top Jimi, MBritt, TMS, Tonehammer).

Right now, I'm mainly interested in cleans that go from really clean to slightly dirty, with Alnico 2s in Les Pauls.

I definitely recommend getting both the RZ pack and LiveReady pack. Those cover everything you should need. They sound good through a cab and sit in a mix really well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a few of Liveready and a few Tonehammer packs,now. I should be covered for punk and metal.

Now, I'm trying to find a good, versatile clean pack for Alnico 2 Les Pauls. I typically like my cleans with a little hair on them, but if I can find something with a few amps that go from really clean to slightly dirty, with 57 Classics in one guitar and a Slash set in another, I'll be happy.

Probably the Colonial is the best to start with.

The colonial is one of the few complete packages that I can think of.

I grabbed the Colonial this morning. I've only had a chance to play it using my Schecter C1 Classic, through headphones, but so far that pack sounds amazing! Hopefully it sounds good with my LPs, but with both the humbuckers and positions 2 and 4 (split or tap... not really sure) in the Schecter, I can get a ton a great tones. Thanks for the recommendation. It's going to be a long day at work, waiting to play these.

I still want to grab one of the bigger packs, though, for some more variety. I still really can't decide between:

SWEET 16
    PROFILE PACK 1
    PROFILE PACK 2
    PROFILE PACK 3
    VINTAGE PACK
    MODERN PACK
    BOC PACK

mainly for Les Pauls. The tone and playing in the samples are both so good, on everything, that it doesn't really help me decide. It just makes me want all of them. Thanks again, Michael, for the profiles, and everyone else for the help.

I grabbed a few packs of your profiles over the weekend. Those are some of the best I've heard, for rock and metal. The 1992 Rev F pack (Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier) was exactly what I was looking for, for punk tones, as well.

I haven't been through a lot of the profiles, yet, but the Kerry King signature sounds great too. I was kind of disappointed when I saw that there were only 14 profiles in the DSL100 pack, at first. You clearly state how many profiles are in it, so I didn't feel ripped off, but I found it off that it was the same price as the other packs, with many more profiles. Once I started playing it, I realized that I didn't need more than that, for this amp. Every, single profile in that one is awesome, and it covers everything you need. Hopefully others aren't scared off by the small number of profiles, because it is a great pack.

Lastly, I like you you include cleans and/or lower gain rigs for these.

The five for the price of three deal is awesome too. Thanks for the profiles!

Probably the Colonial is the best to start with.

Thanks for the recommendation. There were a lot more edge of breakup and crunch sounds with that one, but I think I need it anyway! Sounded really good! Any idea if there are lower gain tones than the Rig Pack available with that one? Think I'm going to get that one regardless.

do you have the free sample pack from Kemper that has Michaels profiles in it?That's probably a good place to start.
    Honestly there are so many good packs you would be hard pressed to find a bad one.
    Michael keeps good sound examples on his website so you. An hear the profiles in action there.
    They all get a thumbs up from me

The cleans on all of these are amazingly good with my tele. I think that I like the /13 and one called MB Little Queen the best, with the Les Paul. There is also one called AC Clean - R121 from the Legacy Rig Pack, which I initially thought was a Michael Britt profile, due to the tagging, but looking at the speaker, it doesn't look like it was his, after all. Sounds really good, to me, though. I also really like Mars J800 1 2, Mars Silver Cln, and Mars Jube 1 4 (with the volume rolled down), from the 800 Pack. Those are some of my favorite cleans out of everything I have tried. That whole 800 pack is great.

Thanks everyone.

With the free rigs, even with the volume rolled down to about 6-7, a lot of these are breaking up some -- which I typically like with my cleans. I was wondering if there are any with lower gain than what is in the free packs -- super clean stuff --, just to add some variety.

You are right about Michael's sound samples being great. Sometimes I listen to those, at work, instead of "regular music".

I'm looking to get a good, versatile pack for cleans and slight breakup tones. I'll mainly be using a Les Paul with 57 Classics, and occasionally a Schecter C1 Classic, with a Jazz/JB set, and a Classic Vibe tele.

I'm about 45 pages into this thread, and I'm sure that between this thread, the awesome Soundcloud clips, the rig pack, and other freebies, the answer is in those. However, until I'm finished with those, does anyone have a recommendation for which MBritt pack may be best to start with, for mainly the Les Paul? Thanks.

I am trying to reamp my Kemper using Reaper. I have ready the big thread in here, about reamping, and watched

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I still can't manage to get this working, without using SPDIF. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong -- probably something with the outputs on my interface (Behringer UMC404HD).

On the back of the interface, I have the main outputs going to my monitors. I have playback output 3L going into the return of the Kemper. I have the direct out of the kemper going into channel 3 on the interface.

In the Outputs, I have Direct Output set to Git Analog.

In the Inputs, I have Input Source set to Return Input Reamp.

I wasn't really sure what settings I need to change in Reaper.

I can get the wet track on the track set to input 1 and the dry track on the track set to input 3.

If I play that back, I can hear the wet on track one and the dry on track 2. However, changing the profile on the Kemper does nothing. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Mega boobie dual rf from tonehammer. Cool amp and cool cabs. Discount at the moment. Buy 3 get 5 amps. Cool stuff there.

And also the DR from sinmix.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Tonehammer one. That was exactly what I was looking for. Good deal on the 3 for 5, too. I prefer the Triple Recto for metal, but the the DR for punk. Lots of good punk tones in that pack. First time I've played punk in a LONG time. I want to thank you, but my sore right hand isn't agreeing with me. =)

That sounds really good! Cool video, too!