Posts by GaryT898

I will be doing the same with mine (using it live). My current patches have effects mixed in, such as clean with chorus, delay and reverb. Will I be able to create patches like this or do I have to set up separate stomps to activate when needed?

Hello,

My name is Gary and I just ordered my Kemper non powered rack and remote. Super excited to be getting it soon and start learning everything there is to know about it. I have heard nothing but good things about Kemper and I cant wait to have it in my hands. I have some questions about it, like most newbies and I am hoping that I can get those answers here.

1. I have been using Helix and the AX8 for the last year. My typical set up is 5 patches: 1. Clean 2. Rhythm 3. Rhythm w/ delay 4. Rhythm w/ chorus 5. Solo. I am assuming that I will be able to set up my Kemper and remote the same way?
    2. I no longer own any tube amps. I sold everyone that I owned when I got comfortable with modeling systems. Do I have to an amp to profile or will I be able to build amps off of factory amps (hopefully the Kemper comes with factory installed amps) that are installed in the Kemper or off of the Kemper exchange?
    3. As far as creating tones and dialing in tones, is the Kemper easier to navigate and use than the AX8?
    4. Is there any "must have" Kemper or third party software that I should be aware of?
    5. Can I use the Kemper for recording with my Sonar Platinum?

Sorry if my questions are repetitive and typical of the newbie that is purchasing a Kemper. I am trying to get my head wrapped around this unit as much as possible and these are the things that I haven't really seen on the internet.
    Thank you so much,
    Gary