Posts by dmatthews

Like the title says, Ive owned a kemper since before the remote. Great piece of gear. Only complaint is not having the simplicity of the all in one unit like the stage so I finally got one. What are some best practices for owning two kempers ? How does one sync both units in terms of Performances and rigs ? Can the units be synced and have other differences like the reassignment of looper switch and output settings etc ? Any other useful tips ?

I ended up getting a second unpowered head unit.

The one I keep at home is the test/play unit, and the one at the practice studio is the production/gig unit.

When I am happy with the changes I make on the home unit I back it up and take the USB stick to practice and update.

Works a treat, and some pros travel with a USB stick and just ask for a Kemper at the gig.

brand new Mac. well 1 year or so old so whatever is in it . The rig manager quits working after a few minutes if not used . Then i have to close it and reopen it and it works again...

Sorry, I meant on the Kemper itself. What version is the Kemper on?

Sounnds the same, no? :P

The imprints may sound okay with that cab but I don't beleive they are accurate to the Kone?

No idea... Looked it up and the speaker is

Aktiv, 2-Wege

• Total Impedance N/A - Active Speaker
    • Frequency Response 70Hz – 20kHz (-3dB)
    • HF Transducers 1” Compression
    • LF Transducers 12" Special Design

Never heard of it, but so what. Super happy with my Kabinets, but it would be interesting to A/B these...

Should be here in the next day or two. Bought one that was Faded Blue in September but wasn't able to play it for a few weeks because of a self inflicted palm injury.

Once I had the opportunity to play it, I liked it enough that I decided to sell the three electric guitars I had and get another 24-08. I liked the others, especially the EBMM Cutlass, but I don't do well switching from one neck profile to another, shouldn't be an issue now.

I hear good things about this model. Very versatile...

I'll never understand the gig bag thing. I wouldn't carry a guitar worth over $50.00 in one. They take up the same space as a case (It still has to fit a guitar in) Guitars get a little scratch protection but none from any pressure. A bump against a doorway can still bust a pot or tuner and damage wood. It's just not worth the gamble, I'll just carry the guitar in two pillowcases for the same protection and then it won't look like it can take more than it can.

I get it, and make no mistake, some of my axes are NOT cheap. That said, I've transported my best and least in the RBX and have never experienced a negative.

Only home to car to gig/practice and back though...

Yup... Last gig I sauntered in, plopped down the Head on top of the Kabinet, plugged a XLR into the Main out to the PA, and done.

Sound guy was completely happy and away we go.

Love it!

Well, the Kemper arrived today, only had a short time to power it up and have a go but all seems well so far. Updated it and played through my valve amps cab with a celestion blue in it with some two rock profiles.. sounded amazing, really great. Thanks for the help everyone, just got to order a cab now, I think I'm just gonna go down the normal guitar cab route, tried FRFR in the past and wasn't a fan, not sure I want to bother with the Kone either but we'll see.

Congrats!

Output to a preferred cab/speaker is subjective of course. My journey was:

PRS Custom 50 combo 1x12 into the return of the loop. Good but not inspiring

Fender 80w PA. Better but didn't like dealing with the head and 2 10" speakers

Yamaha DXR10. Excellent. Not many complaints and the coverage was fantastic

XiTone MBritt cab. Also excellent. A bit more guitar oriented and started to flap my pant legs on stage

Avatar 2x12 with V30s using Camplifier or SD 700 class D amps. Also good but not inspiring

Kemper Kabinet with Camplifier or SD 700 class D amps. OK... done... that's it for me. Either stereo or mono, and with the profiled speaker or one of the numerous imprints it has the pant flap on stage, and all the tone and feel I want/love.

Enjoy the journey, and I hope you find your grail tones! :)