Posts by dmatthews

Well, the Kemper arrived today, only had a short time to power it up and have a go but all seems well so far. Updated it and played through my valve amps cab with a celestion blue in it with some two rock profiles.. sounded amazing, really great. Thanks for the help everyone, just got to order a cab now, I think I'm just gonna go down the normal guitar cab route, tried FRFR in the past and wasn't a fan, not sure I want to bother with the Kone either but we'll see.

Congrats!

Output to a preferred cab/speaker is subjective of course. My journey was:

PRS Custom 50 combo 1x12 into the return of the loop. Good but not inspiring

Fender 80w PA. Better but didn't like dealing with the head and 2 10" speakers

Yamaha DXR10. Excellent. Not many complaints and the coverage was fantastic

XiTone MBritt cab. Also excellent. A bit more guitar oriented and started to flap my pant legs on stage

Avatar 2x12 with V30s using Camplifier or SD 700 class D amps. Also good but not inspiring

Kemper Kabinet with Camplifier or SD 700 class D amps. OK... done... that's it for me. Either stereo or mono, and with the profiled speaker or one of the numerous imprints it has the pant flap on stage, and all the tone and feel I want/love.

Enjoy the journey, and I hope you find your grail tones! :)

Hmmm... that's all I did, and it worked immediately for my old tablet running OS 8.1. What OS are you running on the Kemper?

Can you check to see if there are any updates for the phone?

If not I would try uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone, and re-installing the app.

A couple things of note...

On my older Lenovo Tablet I noticed that when I boot the tablet up, and start the app before it has acquired Wifi, it stops the Wifi from being acquired. No biggie because you can quit the app and the tablet acquires Wifi and restart the app no worries.

Also, when you start the app on the older tablet it finds the Kemper immediately but you need to manually connect to it.

The phone app (when started) immediately finds the Kemper and connects to it automatically.

Just some observations.

Have not found any bugs yet.

Just got it working on my unpowered Head.

Fortunately I have a POE switch here at home to run my IP phones, so I have the remote working as well! ^^

As soon as I ran a cat5 patch cord to the Wifi router, and the remote cable to the POE switch, I started the app on my phone. It found the Kemper immediately... nice!

I then installed the app on my old Lenovo Tab 410, and it found the Kemper immediately as well.

Both apps on both devices run in tandem no problem!

I have not yet tried everything, but it's looking good so far.

Switching performance slots on either app switches the other app along with the remote.

Devices I have the app running successfully on:

Lenovo Tab 410. OS = Android 8.1.0

Samsung Galaxy S21. OS = Android 13

Will do more testing after work!

8)

Played this last night at practice...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.