Rig Manager for Android Public Beta Test Discussion

• Official Post

Hello everybody,

We have a public beta version of Rig Manager for Android, and everybody interested is welcome to join. Remember, it's a beta version, and we don't recommend using it in a productive environment.

Open this link on your Android device (Google Store):

Rig Manager - Apps on Google Play
    Rig Manager is an editor app for your Kemper Profiler guitar amplifier.
    play.google.com

Join via the Google website:

Sign in - Google Accounts

Amazon Store:

For those interested in testing using an Amazon Fire tablet, please get in touch with us through the contact form on our website. You need to supply the email address associated with your Amazon Fire Tablet. Please supply the correct email address; any other will not work!

Thanks, GS

• Hi,

First of all, many thanks to the Kemper team, for making this app available for Android! On first use, it seems to work perfectly by either using my Samsung Galaxy S20, or my Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

I'm not sure if there's a specific area of contact to send the developers any notes, but I do have one thing that I'd love to see implemented.

I'm really hoping that in time, that it's possible for some kind of 'drop down' list (or similar) for the 'Performance' section....in other words, I'd like to use the app to help me instantly go from Performance slot 2, to say, Performance no. 19 for example. This, I'm sure you'll agree, takes out the need for either constant tapping on the Stage/controller to scroll through performances, OR the press and long hold method.

Many thanks,

Ben.

• Do I have to run the Kemper to a wifi router or can I use the app if the Kemper is USB'd to a computer/laptop with wifi?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Kemper needs to be connected to the router/network.

I am thinking that I read somewhere that there is a direct connect option in there somewhere. I don't remember the details of it but I swear I read that in the manual for the iPhone connection.

• I am thinking that I read somewhere that there is a direct connect option in there somewhere. I don't remember the details of it but I swear I read that in the manual for the iPhone connection.

Only with the Stage

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I have tried hotspot mode. The app finds my Stage, but upon trying to connect the app says something about allowing the app access to network or something. And the connection fails?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The app works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S7, the only android device I have. It works with both my Stage and Rack units. I only had to connect to the networks the different units are connected to. The network for MY Stage is "KP Stage" (the name of my Stage unit) and the network for the Rack unit is "Starbase", (the name of the network my Rack unit and X 32 mixer are connected to. The app sees either profiler as soon as it connects to the associated network.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• Hi,

I connected my Profiler Head to the wifi with and ethernet cable. My router sees the Kemper (an IP is assigned) and I can see that leds are on the Ethernet port of the Kemper.
    When I start the Androip app on my phone (Moto G5, Android 8.1), the app can't see the Kemper and it is possible to start the app only in demo mode.

Is there something wrong in the way I am connecting the Kemper to the wifi?

Thanks,
    Luca

• I have tried hotspot mode. The app finds my Stage, but upon trying to connect the app says something about allowing the app access to network or something. And the connection fails?

GString thoughts?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hmmm... that's all I did, and it worked immediately for my old tablet running OS 8.1. What OS are you running on the Kemper?

Can you check to see if there are any updates for the phone?

If not I would try uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone, and re-installing the app.

• Hmmm... that's all I did, and it worked immediately for my old tablet running OS 8.1. What OS are you running on the Kemper?

Can you check to see if there are any updates for the phone?

If not I would try uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone, and re-installing the app.

uninstalling, restarting and re-installing did the trick.

Thank you, dmatthews, for reminding me that in 2023, the good old shutdown and restart is still a viable way to solve software/hardware issues.

And thank you to the Kemper team for delivering this long awaited feature.

• Perhaps a bit off topic. But how is the WPS button supposed to work? I click it, but nothing seems to change. Should the display show something? Or perhaps the button should flash? What to expect?