Posts by audiomitch

huh. that is truly weird. I'm using both mono and stereo loops no problem. A blind shot in the dark - I've kept my KPA at 44.1k, are you using a higher sampling rate? Not sure if that would make a difference, but it's one of the bigger parts of the update.

Thanks! I'll remember the parts at some point and recycle them in to a real song. Unless I forget... The great thing about getting old is everything is new each day!

Old guys unite! I mean you guys, not me of course :D

Either a final mix or sneaking up on one. I basically just want to finish, it's a little too dissonant for repeated listening. Most guitars are the KPA, and used an SVT profile for the bass.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I will be connecting that to a pair of Line 6 Powercab 112 Plus units that offer speaker simulation and IR programming

IMO, don't get stuck on the Line 6 speaker simulation and IRs. A lot of the KPA profiles are of the entire rig - amp, cab, and speakers. Admittedly, I'm a bit biased. I thought other products sounded better than the Line 6 version of amp modeling.

There is a mix pre/post option which lets you determine whether the loop volume affects the send or return signal. P157 of the Reference Manual has more details.

Good info, thanks! This looks like a new feature since OS 5.1, even the tutorial video doesn't have it. It will sure make life easier for my situation.

I don't want to be "that" guy, but... a lot of the tone is in your fingers. Also the guitar you're using vs what they are using in the clip. Sorry, I honestly don't want to sound insulting or condescending, you very well might be the best player on the forum.

Could you post a clip of what is happening to compare to the TJ clip?

I have some of those profiles and thought they sounded great. I'm considering buying the whole pack.

I learned recently that the Definition control in the Amp Stack will brighten/darken as well. Also experiment with the Pure Cab setting. The deeper I go the more impressed I am with the design of this thing.

My vote would be for an RME Digiface USB and a couple of ADAT interfaces. Great reliable drivers, excellent routing, and USB so it won't be obsolete for the near future.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/digiface_usb.php

The downside is having to buy the ADAT interfaces, but if you found a couple of old M-Audio Profire 2626 for cheap, and configured them in stand alone mode you'd pretty much be there. 16X16 with an excellent stable driver.

My $.02 and worth every penny.

I'm guessing that Guitar Center/Musician's Friend is Gibson's largest customer

and I read the other day that Guitar Center is on the verge of bankruptcy too.

I feel kind of like when the record companies started getting decimated by mp3s... Karma is a b*tch. Gibson has been charging premium prices while the quality was dropping. Guitar Center has questionable ethics towards employees and customers. I don't feel animosity towards either, but...

I hear you. In a gigging situation the built in digital effects are more than adequate. Most people aren't going to hear the nuance of analog vs digital after being fed through a PA and bounced around a large untreated room. Let alone with a drummer and full band. I'll bring a dirt pedal and maybe a compressor. Oh, and the Klon... No digital equivalent to a Klone, at least for single coils.

Tap tempo and presets alone are worth leaving the pedals at home for a gig.

I'm mostly using this stuff for recording and way to spend my disposable income ;)

I'll play bass! I have to warn you I'm as loud as John Entwistle, refuse to hit root note on the 1 like Phil Lesh, and think I'm as good as Geddy Lee. Girlfriend problems, show up late, and don't like anything. IOW, the typical bass player! When do I get paid?

Started focusing on analog effects ever since getting my KPA. It just takes pedals so well. I guess I'm getting a little carried away. Doesn't stop me from checking the classifieds, though. Btw, that old Sunn PA head has a great spring reverb that sits right in the KPA FX loop. Not bad for $14!

Sounds like it would be lot easier to upgrade to an M9 or M13. I saw a used M9 on my local Craigslist for $150 the other day.

"The M13 has the ability to store 48 scenes, and there 12 effects within each scene. So in one sense, you can have 576 (48x12) individual effect presets. In addition to that, you can have those effects combined in however many ways within a scene. If you're just simply going to use the M13 latch mode, you'll have 12 scenes available to you at the press of a button, plus the other 36 scenes available if you switch folders.
    The M9 has the ability to store 24 scenes, and there are 6 effects within each scene."

https://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/20534/