Posts by Locrain

That's what I keep telling myself. :D

You're welcome man, really great stuff.

As far as suggestions...I would probably kill someone for you to profile the Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII AND/or the Suhr Hedgehog (even the PT100 maybe). :D Good profiles of those great amps are few and far between, Especially the Suhrs.

Some of my favorite profiles are of a Friedman Butterslax (dunno if I'm supposed to post names of other profilers or not), it would be really cool to see what you could do with that amp.

VHT UL pack by you would be amazing.

Uberschall or XTC would be cool, VH4/other Diezels also.

Edit: @ashtweth, you were not joking about the "LRS TR Mdrn V30 02" profile out of the 6L6 Triple Rectifier pack! What a sound!

Taking the Aldrich for example does not sound like on the kemper video below it. I don't get why KPA does not capture the sound as it is and not have to tweak the EQ which is obviously different EQ from the real amp. No one have nailed a raw profile sound 100% as the real amp yet in my opinion...
    And a good comparison is to play single notes side by side KPA vs Amp on the same volume..

Well...instead of trying to hash out this tired argument, can I just direct you here?

https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…y-thing-missing/?pageNo=1

Just read through that instead of trying to start up this "discussion" once again?

OT: They seem like great profiles, the price is a bit tough, but I'll probably grab the Aldrich when it goes on sale (it's not now right?), and see. Lots of fans, sounds worth a shot.

I was wondering if people turn off their kemper EQ while recording and just use a post recording EQ or if you use your pre-post stack kemper EQ and then do another EQ once it is recorded?

It depends I guess. Generally I will leave it on. I have quite a few "Artist"/Producer" packs by a certain company, and many of those profiles are absolutely mix-ready to my ears. The only post-EQ I usually run is whatever I have on the main bus for mastering purposes, I tend to leave the tones from the KPA alone. That said, many profiles are not mix-ready and need post-EQ.

It's a good question, but I've generally had the best luck leaving the profile as the profiler intended, as much as I can. Of course, that could just be a reflection of my ability, of lack thereof, to get the sound I want by tweaking things myself...one of the many reasons I love the KPA.

I am using the powered version....I will check for the output and look for the silent tuning....thanks much

The "Mute Signal" toggle is the first (left-most) soft key in the Tuner section.

Edit: as far as your headphone/speaker question, just go to page 2 of the Output section. The volume controls are right there.

Just to mention that this is not a "pop punk 'only' pack" as such -- but some of the tones included certainly lend themselves very well to those sounds... Have had someone getting the impression they were for pop punk only :/:/?( go figure, right?! 8|

Haha no, this is definitely not *just* a pop-punk only pack...and to prove it, here is a quick 'n dirty clip of a not-pop-punk song: :D

Sevendust Praise GOT VHT UL

Thanks guys! I always thought the Recifier packs were the best kept secret in profiles.

LRS is the best kept secret in profiles! :D

Just amazing man, the value for the dollar spent is fantastic.

I think I have a problem, I went and got another hit this morning...the PV 6160. Couldn't restrain myself.

Lots of great tones here of course. It's not my favorite pack of yours, but it would have to be pretty damn good for that to be the case. :D And truthfully, the 5150 line is not my favorite amp, but as usual, there's a lot of great usable tones here.

Great lead tones, but I was really digging on the heavy rhythm tones, tones of chugga-chugga here.

Quick Breaking Benjamin clip to demonstrate: BB Until The End DP PV 5150 V 006D

Thanks for the support!

No problem! Customer for life here! :D

The 6L6 pack is awesome. Great chunky chainsaw tones that bring me back to dark sweaty basements watching x-core kids punch the shit out of each other. And I'm just a few profiles in. :D

The TR used to be a dream amp for me also, and this pack does a great job capturing it perfectly. Can't wait to get into it a little deeper, I'm just scratching the surface.

The EL34 pack was on my KPA when I got it (as was the 6160 Plat Mod, which I have since purchased), but I might as well go ahead and buy it now for the updates that will come in the future. It's fantastic as well.

That's one hell of a business model, getting me to buy something I already have. :D

This model of continually updating packs is genius. I know others do it, but you really really deliver on updates, and I think the fact that you are so responsive and work so hard for our money, even after you have no real reason to, creates a strong sense of customer loyalty that you may not realize. At least for me it does.

If I could afford to buy all of them right now, I would. But at 35%...I have to grab at least a couple more. It's like a little mini-christmas every time I download one of your packs. THE TONES. :D

TLDR: TO ANYONE READING: The Triple Rectifier packs are amazing, but for some reason, for most of us, they don't show in the Kemper Profiles section, but at the very bottom of the page instead.

DON'T MISS OUT, FOOLS. BUY THESE.

@deadpan, you might want to look into this, you may be losing sales due to this, I didn't even realize the 6L6 pack existed until @ashtweth shouted it from the rooftops, so to speak.

Ok, off to grab that EL34 pack and see what else I can find...

Edit. Bought the EL34 TR pack. And why wouldn't I? 35 more profiles. And they rock.

Also picked up the Redwood City, I loved that first clip, looking forward to trying it out!

Edit 2: the rest of the EL34 pack is awesome, but I actually got caught up on the very 1st profile in the pack, I believe it is. Very nice, made a quick clip, one of my old favorites by Breaking Benjamin. :D

Love how tight this profile is on palm mutes, but still musical and blooms well in the chords.

So Cold

Or if you like, in the correct key, courtesy of the KPA's fantastic Transpose feature:

So Cold Drop C

BE is about 4 packs in one , the triple rectifier is the top 3 of all thats been done, there are some very diverse tones in the other packs, the Fuchs and tweeds are the same great quality, if you dont at least get the triple rectifier/BE you will regret not getting it on sale later when you read /catch with up the reviews ;)

Ash

Yeah, anybody that doesn't buy at least the BE pack is insane. I bought that and several others a few weeks ago and was going to say I wish I had waited so I could have bought them on sale, but I really don't, They're worth more than I paid. I will however take advantage of this sale and try to not feel too guilty about it. :D

Which Rectifier pack are you referring to, btw?

Huh. I've heard that if you are using "Studio" profiles that supposedly you'll hear a little bit of the cabinet/mic coloring even when the cab is bypassed. If you're using your own profiles this might be bad. Supposedly, if you make Direct profiles, not studio profiles, there isn't any left over coloring of the Cab and the mic, since it's only a profile of the amp. Some say that the interaction between the amp and cab, when using direct profiles feels less natural than studio profiles. Some say it's splitting hairs to tell a difference. In any case, if you're using your own profiles, and don't want to use the KPA cabs with mics and mic pre's baked in, and you're using something external to the KPA for you cab sound, be it a real cab or external IR box, make Direct profiles of just your amp as then there shouldn't be any subtle cab and mic coloring.

As you can in his thread, he is using merged profiles. This should be the best method of what he's trying to do, but there is clearly some sort of issue.

If you want the best pro-sumer converters/drivers/preamps, I think it's very very hard to beat RME. I have and love the Babyface. But the poster above is right, as usual, about the bang for the buck factor with MOTU, incredible. Really comes down to budget.

@Monkey_Man do you think MOTU is better than RME? I don't have much experience with them, but thats incredible if so.

A few years ago I tried some 13's on a regular guitar, concert pitch....the neck did feel a little "tense" :), but when I switched back to 10@s funnily enough bending strings was a doddle!

WHHHHHAAAATTT? My fingers hurt from just thinking about that!
    A few years ago I tried some 13's on a regular guitar, concert pitch....the neck did feel a little "tense" :), but when I switched back to 10@s funnily enough bending strings was a doddle!

Haha, I thought it would be a little much, but it's not for me, I love it. Still have great low action and the tone is great (though 73 is a little thick and is starting to hurt the tone a little. I'd rather run a 68, but I love the tension so much in drop tuning. It's not great for bends, but baritone are pretty junk at that anyway. Big tight strings, long scale and low output pickups = tone nirvana for me

I am sure if we implemented this in short term, many other users would accuse us of loosing the focus of what‘s really important for a majority.

They might accuse you of that. They might not even notice, since it is a pretty simple and subtle change.

You are my hero. That said...

It's either a good idea or it''s not. If you were really that concerned about criticism from users about pritorization of feature implementation...well, we all know which feature would be here by now. :D
    The request you're discussing is a very simple UI adjustment, which would require...not much. Maybe I deeply misunderstand the complexity of programming the KPA...

But you do things you own way, and I love it. I don't care when we get an editor. I care that you made me believe in digital amps again. I just bought one a few months ago, and I cannot believe it took me so long. Best gear purchase of my life.

I guess if I had a TLDR, it would be "You are a revolutionary. You have destroyed the way I think about amplifiers, and the KPA is the single greatest purchase of my life, not even kidding....

But in as much time as you spent replying to these posts, you could have told somebody "hey, this could be useful to some people, especially considering that some competition *does* offer this feature, please make that "label switchable" (which is really all we're talking about here)...and it'd be done.

But you do you and that's why I am along for this killer ride. :D

Maybe I play like a monkey but I break every string from low to top if I don't change them regularly enough.
    And I use 10-52. Otherwise the low rhythm strings would hold up even worse.
    I mean I broke a G and a low E yesterday. But they have been on that guitar for like 3 weeks, have seen 3 or 4 stages and have been played for 20hours or more.
    I sometimes order single extra sings. Usually low E, high E, B and G. As those are the ones that break the most often.

You can play like a monkey , but maybe scratch the peanut butter. :D

I have probably broken 3-4 (maybe) strings in the past decade. I could not tell you how many hours i have on some of my strings. I don't have great technique, I don't think so at all. I am meticulous about removing saddle burrs, but thats it. I pick pretty hard, but don't put much stress when strumming. I dunno what it is. I used to break strings weekly. If not more. It was infuriating. I hate to say, but tune-o-matics are the devil in this regard.

How do you hold the pick? Thumbpad to fingerpad, or thumbpad to first knuckle...ish?

Edit: if you mean that you think you'd break even more if they were looser, I doubt that very much. Tension is your killer here. That said, I run 14-73 on a 27.7" scale, so I am no stranger to tension.

well maybe the problem with the editor is the controllability via midi or usb maybe these ports are simply not programmed and built to do it ... who knows ... the kemper people do not say why we can't have the editor...i'd even love having an usb interface option because i loved that function on the elevenrack i had ...

so maybe it is a software and/or hardware limitation

Toast ME works pretty well, so I really don't buy any of those explanations, and if they are true, it'd be nice to hear something other than silence from Kemper.