Posts by jonathanthomas83

I agree with you that the Kemper cleans are amazing. Although most people always seem to suggest that cleans are easy and digital amps stand or fall on the quality of their gain sounds. I totally disagree. For me one of the hardest thngs to capture is the feel of a clean or lower gain amp and the Kemper does it wonderfully

This. This so much!

Since I found a Laney Lionheart profile, I didn't appreciate how real and well the Kemper does cleans and how close it gets to the real thing. Something I haven't heard in any other modeller I've tried.

bsd512 this was my favourite amp. I had Fenders, Mesa's and a couple of others, but I ended up selling them all once I got the Lionheart. So to finally find a profile as good sounding as this, is so cool. I've been playing with "LANEY L20H CL 1" all morning and it captures everything I remember about that amp.

I've also managed to play a couple of things I wrote using that amp and they sound better than they do with other profiles, so I'm very, very happy! Thank you!

In general the tone on this forum is really positive so I think that s a little strong

I'm not sure I agree. I like this forum, but like the Fractal forum, people on here get VERY defensive about Kemper and Kemper practices. I'm just saying it like I see it and the way some individuals react on here irritates me. Sorry if that upsets you. I'm sure the way I act irritates you.

Guys, you're so defensive of the unit that you come across really badly to new users. You have to empathise with new users otherwise they'll be completely put off. To those who've genuinely offered help, thank you.

I put a lot of ground work in on this and many other first time users of the Kemper over the last few months, hopefully RayRay will attest to that. But I come here, read his thread and see that all he gets told is that he's wrong for making viable assumptions and that he's a troll. You guys aren't making a good impression and really need to look at yourselves. Seriously.

Also, not everyone reads manuals. Not everyone understands I/O. Not everyone wants to have to worry about that stuff. Some people just want to plug and play and enjoy. It's not up to us to judge them for not bothering about any of the above. This is about user experience, and believe it or not, a forum is there to aid that experience.

As a Post rock guitarist, I need those reverbs so much. Getting rid of my time factor and big sky. Relying only on the kemper is also a great deal for me !

I really hope this is going to be released before the end of the year.

I'm intrigued to find out what it is you're missing from what's already there? Not saying you're wrong, just interested. I think everyone is chomping at the bit to try these new algorithms out :)

So anything short of a mega update is going to leave a lot of people disappointed. I won’t be one of them but I think from a business/PR perspective Kemper really need to deliver something truly special now.

I disagree. In fact, I dislike this way of release management too.

I am a massive Kemper advocate, but holding things back that are "ready" is counter productive, IMO. If it's ready, get it out there, enhance the unit and gain user satisfaction, then move on to concentrate on something else (in this case, preset management). Release independent features little and often, is how I believe it should be done and is how I practice this in my personal work (in IT delivery). I see no sense in holding features back if they are ready and not dependent on the feature you're holding it back for.

ckemper, I'm sure you have many people complaining like this, and I mean no offence whatsoever. Apologies. Please keep up the great work. We're all waiting patiently and I personally am looking forward to this update very much, it's going to be great and it's all very exciting.

Kind regards

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Couldnt be happier with this guitar, it's a dream.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/djiS51UwcQUEKiWKA

Yep, it’s probably my fault everybody went off course, sorry :pinch:

The answer to your real question is still yes though. You are not imagining things, CK and others at Kemper have definitely said that there will be an OD update, they have also said that a new way of navigating fx presets is being looked at and have hinted at an editor at some point too. The release date for any of these is a completely separate issue.

No worries mate, easily done. Just amazed how one comment can derail the real focus of the thread. We're all brighter than that.

PS As someone who has owned/owns a ton of vintage / boutique examples of all these boxes, I have to say across the board it's all way way way more "same-y" than many guitarists like to admit, or are seemingly able to recognize. That's why so many guitarists who are recognized for great tone have the same few boxes on their boards .. Tube Screamers, Klons, OCD's, KOT's, SOV's . Other than Sonny Landreth, most examples of Zen Drives on the boards of famous guitarists aren't even switched on ninety-nine percent of the time. If Gary Clark Jr can use a hundred dollar fuzz, then so can we, right? Also, I feel like with a bit of tweaking and combined with some creative eq, the Kemper can already do what most people need, which is to boost or accentuate or add sizzle to the best amp tones. But yes it could be easier, and access to more accurate emulations of things many of us have used on analog boards for years wouldn't be a bad thing.

i agree, which is why we don't particularly need tons more emulations just more control over the existing ones and possibly one or two more emulations.

I think a transparent boost/distortion would be useful. Like Klon/Timmy. EP boost etc. I know it's doable with EQ but it's two blocks and a bit of hard work.

Did I hear wrong or was there talk of some work being done on the distorition stomps when the new reverbs were announced at Namm? I'm probably wrong. EDIT: Please read properly and note I am not saying that any OD stuff will be released with the new reverb stuff.

If so, do we have any idea what kind of thing is happening with them?

Either way, would do people want to see?

I for one am learning more and more about how to integrate the stoms effectively and I'm starting to enjoy them more now I understand them a bit better.

That said, I think the Muff could be improved so that it can get slightly tighter. Overall, my one wish is for more options in the stomps that allow for greater flexibility...like a full EQ in each of them rather than just a tone...I personally do not care for authenticity of the original and staying true to their design, as long as it sounds the same and I see this request as an opportunity to improve upon the original.