Posts by Voider777

No, it is just the opposite. The patent (which you can read online on USPTO) is written around the physical process...not the computational algorithms.

Now I understand all. Despite it is something physically.. or conceptually similar to making an IR.

But now, reading the patent, i think maybe is the only way to protect his product. Because it looks more simple than I though, so it is easier to copy aswell. Kemper is comparing to a reference profile, the mother of the profiles, not creating it from scratch.

So maybe the competence is already working on this technology, waiting for the expiration date. If someone crazy patented this idea in the 60's (lots of crazy patents just in case), then we maybe would be having ala'kempers devices everywhere, like an IR.

Sorry..crazy thoughts today.

I always wondered, why nobody is releasing an alternative profiler. I guess there are a lot of peolpe trying to reverse engineer the kemper, or trying create a new profiling process. I guess kemper has his profiling patented, only his algorithms, not the profiling concept in general.

For me its a mistery. Many years without competence. Maybe K. is that genius, maybe is that hard to reduce to some equations and algorithms what an amp makes to the signal.

Coming from the virus synth developer..it is at least curious.

I can understand both sides. I followed the device's logic, and it is "safer" "easier" if your brain can solve the change. But if not, and for general purpose i stand for a deeper interface editing of the settings and buttons. For example i would like an option for disabling global pedal behaviour so you can save per rig pedal settings, one rig pre volume pedal, one post volume, another rig, morphing and or something more.

It depends on the style of music, the original ammount of low frequencies in your sound and the other instruments, of course.

For my guitar sound in a 80s/90s metal cover band I usually set up the low cut to about 170 Hz and push 3 dB Q3 at 200 Hz. So there is enough room for the bassguitar and kick drums.

A high cut might be set at 4-6 kHz, depending on the basic sound this might be not necessary. Sometimes I just lower presence.

Exactly that . But I use around 130Hz (90-150Hz) highpass. Sometimes more 700Hz and/or 3k aprox.

Ah... So no then. I have to choose, either get a second pedal or use rig buttons for morph.

Like I said... I'm going to be using my normal wah in front of the kemper anyway. So I'll get a dunlop and use it for volume and pitch, and have morph on a rig button... Given how much I'll probably actually use the morph function, it's not worth getting a second pedal for it.

I'll make do with volume and pitch... Probably the 2 I'd use the most anyway... Even pitch not that often I can imagine.

Exactly how I have it. I only sacrifice having weird expression morphings. But maybe there is a way to have it all...

Yes, I've tried it. It works perfectly for me.

It’s actually called Wah Pedal Booster and is part of the Booster stomps category. It is literally the normal volume control but just assigned to the Wah Pedal function.

What parameter do you morph on wah pedal booster? Pedal range?or the +-5volume..i didn,t noticed this stomp. I dont have my pedals right now..but i will try..

I had a converstation in feature request and trouble forum with some higher level kemperite (dont know if official kemper employee) and he didn't tellme this wah to volume converter.

From the manual: "With the Wah Pedal Booster, you can use the Wah Pedal to control the volume."..

Very weird aproach ..one slot for being able to have morph, volume, wah, and pitch on the same pedal. And it is called wah pedal booster...english is my 3rd language..but it is superior to my understanding.:D

you can insert the Wah volume in one of the Stomp slots and cntrol that by Morphing. It is the same volume fnction and taper as the normal volume function but placed in a pedal effect to allow comtrol via morphing.

I only see +-5 volume in all stomps including wahs. Have you tried? Only sending to a dead end unplugged loop I could simulate a volume with morphing, I don't know why but the feeling of the pedal, the taper, was very different, worse. Unusable for me, not pleasant to play for delicate swells and gain control.

They told me to morph a slot loop mix level, but the pedal taper response was wrong this way. I didnt find any other parameter in any FX slot to cheat kemper and have a morphed pre volume. I we had more pedal taper settings maybe...it is requested

Yea..i was dissapointed when i knew it is impossible to configure freely the use for expression pedal. I complained, but there is some sort of logical software problem between morph and volume pedal, you cant use both wity only one pedal, and the pedal configuration is global for rigs inter compatibility, if i remember well..you have to chose between volume pedal+pitch+wah or morph+pitch+wah.

I want to use all depending the rig..most of the time volume pedal controling pre volume(gain) and for specific performances i would use a wah or pitch. I can live with button morphing, i use it a lot. But i could use morph as a weird extreme FX wah when you control rare parameters inside ring modulator for example..

IMHO it won't matter how many amazing limiters are recommended; there's just no escaping the energy "consumption" of the low end as prime suspect #1 for messin' with your progress, mate.

yes..but if you push very hard a good limiter even when you have an extra sub mix, you dont distort it, you only get dynamic weirdness that affects the mix, but no crackle. You need to push it to a mega hyper stupid level to have something like clipping noise. Imo

If you want to fight the loudness war you

need a limiter ala waves L2. You can push it stupidly loud without distortion, only dynamic artifacts like pumping at very extreme setings and a fatiguing mix..etc.

But yes, the kick is too boomy, i would change the sample or tweak it. I usually high pass it and low pass it, around 150hz up, low mids heavyly down Q to taste, and high mids up for more defined and dry sound. I also dont hear any bass guitar.

I don't see if the profiles are merged or DI+IR.

Sound like they use quite heavy pre eq. ..too much, but i guess tipical for this style.

Overproduced sound for my taste but mix ready.

I will not buy any pack if there isnt a free sample.

..well..i bought crankngo without free sample but..well..i am not using yet any of the few packs i bought.

I respect and accept the restrictions and price. I bought several packs. But i have more of a copyleft, creative commons, linux, etc..mindset. I think commercial profiles should not be permitted, i think most of them are way too overpriced. And i think its an abuse when they don't have a demo profile, or the chance to return it if you are not satisfied. That is true when some of the sellers let you change the bought pack if you are not satisfied, when they have principles. I bet 90% or more of the profiles are never used for this reason, most of the people just buy just in case the holy grial of tone is in the next pack, but..no way.

I think it is not a honest profit.

Alternative: crowdfunding the profiling session. When the budget is reached.. profiles for all.

Its a political mindset..nothing more. Maybe because i am not very happy with predator capitalist mindset.