Posts by tcsned

If you decide to share the profiles, I’m sure many people will be happy about it. :)

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/drive…laAMs8i0kwL50?usp=sharing

The performance "New Profile" is the one in the video. I have not profiled it with the Earth Drive overdrive or Solar Flare distortion yet. I'm gonna try to dive in again this weekend and do some more. I started setting up a performance with some different effects and such but didn't finish. If I get some more cool stuff I'll post them too.

I have had my Kemper for a couple of years now and have made several profiling attempts. I have kind of a different amp for playing Grateful Dead music. It's a Sarno Music Solutions Classic Twin Preamp into a McIntosh MC2100 power amp into 2 Beyma Liberty 12" speakers. It's an amazing clean amp based on the Blackface Fender Twin preamp and a great platform for effects. Needless to say, commercial profilers have not put out something in this vein yet. I have a friend with a home studio and we used Townsend Labs mic modeling a Royer Ribbon mic and an SM57. It came out great but I just got a Senneheiser e906 for my amp and figured I'd try again. I have an Audio Technica AT4050 large diaphragm mic and was going to pair the e906 and the 4050 and see how it sounded. I misplaced the 4050 and after freaking out about losing a mic, I decided to try an Audio Technica AT825 stereo mic that I use for video and live recording. I was pleased with the results. It was recorded with my iPhone and everything was run through a Yamaha powered monitor. I'll play some more this weekend.

https://youtu.be/gGsld7E0rv0

Hello all, I have the unpowered rack model. I use a Heil Talk Box . . . or I do when I'm using my "real" amp. I'd like to find a solution to use it with the Kemper. I have power amps I can use. The ones I'd prefer to use have 1/4 inputs not XLR. Though if need be, I could use one of our PA amps. Here's what I need the Kemper to do:

• 1/4 out put (the monitor out seems to be the thing to use)
    • to be able to use a foot controller (I have the Kemper foot controller) to activate the monitor out and turn off the main outs
    • at a minimum I need to be able to turn the main out on and off while leaving the monitor out active (I can switch the talkbox on and off but would rather find a one switch operation)

Thoughts?

I've asked this before but didn't get a working option.

Thanks!

You could use an Effect Send to send signal to it.

I can see that working and being able to switch on a loop to send the signal to the talkbox but don't see how I can mute the main out at the same time as I don't want to have both running at the same time.

I've got a query for the hive-mind. I use a talk box on stage and I'm trying to find a way to get the Kemper to be functional with it. My problem is getting an output signal (monitor out seems logical) to the external power that runs the talkbox and muting the feed to the main output. Is there a way to program the footswitch to do this? Can you use the A/B in a performance to change output routing? Or program profile in a performance to rout to monitor out only? Thoughts?

Here's another test with a little better camera. Not Dead sounding stuff but shows that the Wolf->Solar Flare->SMS->MC2100 is a pretty darn good rock-n-roll rig

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One of my colleagues at work has a home studio and he profiled my Grateful Dead-ish rig. My amp is a Sarno Music Solutions Classic Twin Preamp into a McIntosh MC2100 power amp into a 2x12 cab loaded with Beyma Liberty 8 speakers. We did a clean profile and then a couple with my SMS Earth Drive overdrive pedal, a couple with my T-Rex Dr Swamp, and one with my SMS Solar Flare distortion. Steve used a Townsend Labs L22 mic modeling a RCA 77 DX and an SM57 along with an actual SM 57. I think it came out pretty good. The SMS is a great clean amp and a good canvas for effects. Here's a short demo using my iPhone so the sound is a bit compressed. The profiles are up on the Rig Exchange now :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not exactly true.

The residual profile level will be set automatically, so no exact manual volume matching is necessary.

Anyway, try to profile again!

thanks!! I love this thing, I'm still learning my way around because every time I start playing I get distracted in the cool amp and spend hours playing through a bunch of amps I would never get to touch IRL. :)

Sound like you had the return level set too low when you profiled. During the profiling process you have a Kemper amp and the amp you are profiling. If you toggle back and forth between them you can adjust the return level until theuy sound similarly loud before profiling.

For the profile you have already made, you would need to increase the volume in the Stack section of the Amp and/or increase the rig volume then resave the edited profile.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if you crack open a profile and monkey around with the parameters. It works ok with the rig level cranked but doesn't leave room to play. I may re-profile the amp. :)

Hey all,

I made a profile of my rig, it came out pretty well but I am finding that I have to raise the rig volume all the way up to get it to compete with other profiles. Is there any way to crack open one of these files and change settings? Or are you left with the signal level it has? I'm thinking since it's all just a file with a bunch of different parameters that there must be some way to do that. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Holy smokes, that's a beautiful tele! What pickups are the bridge & middle - single coil? p90-types?

Great sound, too,

:thumbup:

Thanks! The Tele was my first guitar assembly project about 15 years ago. It's got a cocobolo top and a quilted maple back. It originally had a solid rosewood neck and black hardware and the Gibson P94 pickups (HB sized P90s). I had Brian at IO Custom Guitars do the mods - brass hardware, middle pickup (DiMarzio Super II), on-board effects loop, buffer, etc. It's mostly a backup to the Wolf these days but it's a super sweet guitar.

Very nice playing! Your tone and licks are more "Garcia-like" than all the guys Phil and Bobby have hired over the years to replace Jerry. What guitar are you using?

Thanks!! The Kemper profile is from flyingheelhook the OP, the guitar I'm playing on that tune is a custom Tele that I assembled out of parts like 15 years ago. Brian from IO Custom Guitars did the mods adding the middle pickup, cool brass hardware, and the on-board effects loop. I have a Scarlet Fire Wolf that is my main guitar but it was having an issue. I use that Tele as a backup. Also, a sweet guitar :)

Thanks! What kind of guitar are you using? It definitely works well with my Wolf and my other OBEL guitars. I've used it with my Les Paul to with reasonable success. I'm gonna try to get a better profile of my SMS/McIntosh rig over the weekend. If it comes out well I'll post it to the forum.

Come Together

Truckin'

I play in a cover band that plays a lot of Grateful Dead. Generally speaking it's a modified Fender Twin preamp into a McIntosh solid state power amp and JBL E120 speakers. I use a Sarno Music Solutions Classic Twin Preamp (Brand Sarno makes awesome stuff, his Earth Drive overdrive is my all-time favorite effect pedal and plays well with the Kemper), a McIntosh MC2100, and Beyma Liberty 8 speakers (JBL E120 clones). My friend Ben made a profile of a similar rig that sounds better than my initial attempts at profiling my own rig (it's on the exchange - search JGarcia rig). I'm also a sucker for 60s and 70s Marshalls and it's been great having easy access to them on stage as weil as a buhzillion other killer amps. Here's a few clips using the Kemper:
    Peggy-O
    Here's my old rig to compare:
    https://youtu.be/ak_HQj1Vcqs
    Here's a 74 JTM
    https://youtu.be/Sd3hinnllNI

Even if you're not a Dead fan this is a great clean rig, cuts through in a mix and great with a bigger band, and a great clean pallet for effects.