Posts by Southdakota

This is a special song about a friend of mine fighting cancer (and winning). Features Bert Meulendijk Friedman profiles as usual as well as some acoustic played through a great Fender Twin profile. Thanks for giving it a listen!

Listen to Never Alone by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you gentlemen! It was a fun little tune to do. I had all but given up on my old 74 Jazz until I found this profile. And yes, the Colonial is wonderful. I use it live a lot as well for my lowest gain profile. It sits really well blended with higher gain Friedman profiles in recordings.

Thanks for giving a listen! This one features a blend of some MBritt Colonial and Bert Meulendijk Friedman. Bass is from Icem4n....the IC4 SVT crunch bass which even makes my 74 Fender Jazz come to life. Loving that profile. Anyway, enjoy!

Listen to Lifeline by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you for the kind words Ken! Actually written about my dad so very special song to me. Yes, these same BM Friedman profiles are the ones I use live. They sit great in a mix and needed very minimal tweaking...just a bit of noise gate for the higher gain profile. I'm in a 3 piece rock cover band playing mostly smaller to mid sized bars and clubs. Yes, I go direct out to FOH and from the monitor out I use an FRFR powered monitor rather than a guitar cab as you are doing. I have wireless system so I often walk out front and it sounds amazing through FOH....granted we have an incredible sound man as well. Hope they work well for you.

BTW.... my favorite two BM Friedman profiles, the two I use most live and on my recordings, are as follows:

BM F-Man SAT 4B G8/boost....for higher gain, hair metal, etc

BM F-Man SAT 1 G6....for mid gain, classic rock, etc

Another original done with Bert Meulendijk's amazing BE profiles. Also found a great bass profile which even sounds killer through my '74 fender Jazz....will edit with the name of that profile when I check it later.....oh, the song deals with pressure and stress, specifically thinking of the amazing young musicians who have died too soon...Morrison, Staley, Hendrix, Cornell, Cobain, etc. Thanks for giving it a listen!

SliderJeff I totally get what you are saying about the pre Dogman guitar sound. It was extremely unique and being a huge fan from the very beginning, it really took some getting use to the new tone on Dogman. But now looking back, I just really think that is the strongest (and heaviest) album with the most amazing Dug vocals!! And yes, I was into Galactic Cowboys back in the day so very cool to revisit them....thanks! Had never heard of Atomic Opera though. Very cool. Quite a scene they had down there!

Also on a huge FNM kick lately. Big fan back in the day and have all the albums through the 90's but lately I'm realizing just how incredible the album Angel Dust is.....

External Content www.youtube.com

@Gear Jocke, not sure what your musical tastes are but here is one of my favorite Kings X songs from my favorite Kings X album, Dogman...

Im hearing Deep Purple and yes, I can hear the Moon in there as well. Cant go wrong with a good Friedman profile! Well done MS.

Ive had my remote for about a year now. Just noticed during a gig this past weekend that the display on the remote is a bit faded with some faint lines showing up here and there. Still works perfectly fine and it's not so bad that I can't read it but it makes me a little worried about it going completely out. Anyone have any issues with this? If it doesn't get any worse, I can live with it. Thanks!

nakedzen Yes! This came across my facebook feed yesterday. I know a lot of older Amon Amarth fans are not liking the more straight forward approach they are taking but I love it. It does have a great old school feel but they still sound like a massive relentless wall of sound like previous albums. Would love to see them live!

The Kemper has been the single most inspiring thing I have done over the last 20 years. It allows me to play more at home via headphones. And it allows me to play with different profiles and effects that I never would have been exposed to before.

If that doesn't work...buy a new guitar. I know thats not a economically viable option most of the time but for me, that has been a huge motivator. I love my Kiesels!!

Monkey_Man Loved the George Duke Trio vids.....just amazing stuff and I agree, that drummer caught my attention. Did a little googling and found some killer stuff on him (Ronald Bruner Jr). As a young man, likely starving for any gig possible, he did this for a few years.....

This recording thing is getting better. I think! This song means a lot to me. It's about my dad who passed about 8 years ago. He was a musician and he taught me how to play at a very young age. We used to jam out to old Waylon and Willie type stuff back in the day. I used his '74 Fender Jazz on this one.

These are the same BM Friedman profiles that I use live with my band. I absolutely love them.