Posts by Voxman64

Had a QC for about 3 weeks after owning a rack and before buying a stage. I love the idea of storing multiple scenes within a single preset but the form factor was too small and it didnt do things I wanted it to do. Didnt sound amazingly if it all, better, so to the stage I went!

This was my understanding as well, maybe it is the way the gain structure is changed a bit. I felt that they cleaned up better.

However this is likely placebo effect and like you said being able to dial in more "accurate" tones

Maybe I'm just dreaming, or a placebo effect of a shiny new toy. but to me, liquid profiles just feel better, much more reactive, especially to changes in volume knob. I'm excited to try these with a real cab to see if they finally get that last piece in the "amp in the room" sound. I just recently tried a kemper and kab back to back with some tube amps and there was something slightly different in the immediate attack. Feels like liquid profiling is another step closer to that. Much more impressed than I thought i'd be.

I did search the threads and couldn’t find anything referenced here. Does anyone know of, or have, a good profile of a JC-120 with the chorus on? I realize that profiles are I guess mono and a true JC-120 with the chorus is very definitely in stereo so maybe that’s just not possible.

The reason being, I find the chorus options inside the Kemper just not really capturing the real tone of a CE-1 (or a JC-120). They’re OK, but I have a CE-1 clone and it sounds just a million times more lush and awesome than the internal choruses. Wondering if anyone had profiled a JC-120 with the chorus and what that might sound like? :)

Unfortunately not possible to profile modulation effects at this time. Only solution is better choruses introduced. I will be happy when that day comes.

In the meanwhile, I recommend adding both a chorus and a micropitch in series (I put mine before and after the amp respectively) really helps fatten it up.

I'm considering doing the same thing, Voxman.

I have been a QC convert for almost 6 months, and currently my QC is on its way to Finland to get repaired...I was on Kemper for 5+ years, and have since sold off my Kemper, power Kabinet, remote, and expression pedal (wow REGRETS) and now am considering going back to Kemper....I honestly feel a little silly, and I really have enjoyed my time with the QC, but now I'm worried I can't trust it.

I believe the main board on my QC will need to be replaced, it sounded like THIS before I shipped it back. I suppose I'll wait and see, but seeing as this is my second QC in about a year and a half (first one locked up during a gig due to a glitch and so I returned it and stayed on Kemper for another 3+ months), my trust is getting a little thin!

TeleMan, just watched your video about your QC going down (I also watched yours about switching from Kemper when I first started) Hope you get it sorted!

I'm considering doing the same thing, Voxman.

I have been a QC convert for almost 6 months, and currently my QC is on its way to Finland to get repaired...I was on Kemper for 5+ years, and have since sold off my Kemper, power Kabinet, remote, and expression pedal (wow REGRETS) and now am considering going back to Kemper....I honestly feel a little silly, and I really have enjoyed my time with the QC, but now I'm worried I can't trust it.

I believe the main board on my QC will need to be replaced, it sounded like THIS before I shipped it back. I suppose I'll wait and see, but seeing as this is my second QC in about a year and a half (first one locked up during a gig due to a glitch and so I returned it and stayed on Kemper for another 3+ months), my trust is getting a little thin!

Thats some sick phasing you got there....

Yeah, Im sure the QC is reliable, but I wont lie its gig worthiness made me wonder, especially the power supply

All my experiences as well, meanwhile, Got a Kemper stage last night and I am in love all over again :love:

Hi all, a follow up on this. Been using my Kemper powered rack silently for gigs and its been great. Haven't even brought my cab or headrush 108 out to any gigs. No complaints from my band that uses all ears, but my band where some use wedges complain that they can't hear me enough (a complaint Ive never gotten before!) Curious if anybody has had the rare experience of someone telling them they were too quiet?

Welcome back, I’m 11 yrs with Kemper, I had a QC for a few days, it was no where near , good enough for gigging

My thoughts exactly, Been gigging with my powered rack for 6 years now and had the QC about 2 weeks. Fun around the house but not fun enough to justify the cost.

That’s interesting, thanks for sharing. I have a pal with the QC but the buttons seem too close together and the ecosystem is nearly non existent for me. I was jamming with the Kemper yesterday and for me there’s nothing missing. Good to have you back.

Agreed I have large feet and I could tell this was going to be a problem

I'm not sure I understand what you mean but you already can morph using effects buttons, you don't need an expression pedal to morph...

I would love to see Kemper introduce some sort of "scene" style morphs that could be assigned to the stomp buttons. I love morphing for solos, but only having 2 "scenes" can be a bit limiting at times"

The prodigal son returns after going to explore greener pastures.

Nothing unheard of but recently got a good deal on a QC and had to hop on the hype train.

I had it for about a week. It sounded good, but not better than my Kemper. More importantly, it may be flashy and easy to program, but the live gig use features (gig view vs performance mode, etc) are nowhere near my Kemper.

Although I'd love some more features in the kemper (more flexible routing, morphing on effect buttons) I will gladly trade them for the rock solid performance it offers.

I sent back the QC and will probably get a Stage to join my power rack.

Your experience may be different but I know I always enjoy hearing people's experiences so hopefully someone else will get something out of this.

Several times ill find my tone knob gets shifted during transport and I think "Oh no my Kemper or speaker finally fried and taken away all my high end" then roll the knob and all is right with the world