Posts by jon9max

I think they could squeeze in a little more large text up top possibly, would be able to get 3 characters not 2.

If you are using the remote take a look into the RJM mastermind if its a problem. Only reason I'm not too worried about the stage LED is because I won't need many patches

Whatever they did for "Layout C" for Performances is great. That size is good. But I have no use for that . I would like the Rignames to be that large. A "Layout D" I need lots of "patches" for a typical show about 2.5 hours I have about 25 rigs packed into five performances. The performance names are 1,2,3,4,5... The rigs are the names of the songs. That's what I need to see better.

How about one of these? Use some pipe cleaners to make it stand off from the screen and just tape them to the controller.

MagniPros Premium 3X Page Magnifying Lens

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mag…lpa&selectedSellerId=7935

This is what I've had to do so I can see the rig names. (I use Layout A)Two small angled blocks with velcro on each side, about an inch high. two fresnel lenses cut a bit bigger than the screen back to back, (works better than one) also with velcro. It works but it's a PITA. A Layout "D" for rigs would solve this. It adds unnecessary time to set up, carrying more stuff, and only makes it a tiny bit better. I'm gonna keep lobbing for this. (please join in) It's a huge issue for me during shows. [Blocked Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Kt8LYmOnh71tPdGU_fPb5mq68b6pNVg/view?usp=sharing]

We need this for rigs as well.

I mentioned this in the wrong forum before. I would like a "Layout D" For having the Rig names super large like " Layout C" does for performances. I need the rig names to be large, as I use these as individual songs. I need to see them. My performances are just something to hold the rigs. For example, five different songs. The performancelenes name doesn't matter. The rig name is what I would like to be larger. The screen is super small, and hard to see. I don't want to wear glasses when I play, and contacts make me dizzy. I had to setup up a whole fresnel lens magnifying thing with blocks and velcro and two lenses an inch from the screen to make it larger. so I can read it. It's really hard to see with stage lights and moving around a bit. A layout option like "layout c" but for rigs would solve all of my problems with the screen. Please?? thank you!

We don't all use this tool the same way. I use "rigs" as songs. Some cover more than one some need two. "Performances" mean nothing to me, just another bank of songs that I am able to switch around if our set(s) change (that's why I NEED a LAYOUT D so the "Rig" can be in large print, not just the performance.) I notice it seems to be taking longer now to switch between performances. Would having less rigs ON the kemper speed anything up. Is leaner, meaner?

If your drummer is using a wireless system, since he is stationary have him switch over to a wired headphone amp. A good one. Not the 50$ Behringer. But something like the PreSonus HP2 Headphone Amplifier, and up. The difference between that and a wireless system is night and day. I suggested it to our drummer & he got it. I am jealous. It sounds amazing so big and full, & he has 2500$ custom IEM's.

I have custom-molded 64audio Iem's. I do have a pair of the kz AS10's, "S," not "Z" 10's and they sound pretty good. They are a bit harsh in the top end compared to the 64audio ones, but in a pinch, they'll get me through a gig if I need them. When I got those a few years ago, the reviews were saying the "s" was better than the "Z" but I don't know I just have the "s."

If you don't have custom IEM's you need to use the foam tips. You need to be isolated to get proper low end. If you are going to get custom IEM's. If you will continue to be a musician you should. Do not cheap out. You will regret it. I'll suggest 64Audio A6's great mid for your guitar tone. But do your research.

As i said earlier. More drivers (aka more hifi) does not necesarily translate to better guitar sound. Better have better guitarsound and (slightly) lesser experience of the full mix. The leakage from the stage will ruin the hifi sound anyway.

The passive frequency divider circuits in the buds can have adverse effects on the guitar sound. Great for keyboard players and vocalists, but not always for guitars.

If your guitar sound isn't the same in the IEM's, headphones & your studio monitors,(mine is also good in my1x12 with kemper kone) you don't have the right IEM's. My guitar tone is consistent throughout, and I am confident in changing settings if needed in any of those listening environments.

Exactly. Would you go out on stage and play a 50-dollar guitar? I have "middle of the road" custom IEM's and they cost $1000. I really wish I spent a little more and got better ones but it was at the same time I bought my Kemper, rack and flight case so it was a big layout all at once. But a few hundred more and I would have the next level. It's really worth it. Spend the money now. Also, you need a stereo IEM mix and run ambient mics SL&SR pointed at the audience.

I have seen people use a sunshade on outdoor stages. I had to make my own from a box and duct tape once.?( This is the kind of thing beginners find out the hard way, suddenly discovering the sun will wipe out your ability to see your screen, If you're not prepared for that, it can cause some grief. As I wrote, stage lights can do it too. Bring some masking tape and a marker and be ready to count bank switches!

I've done the sunshade thing. Always have it on hand if needed.

I'm just happy it has lights and a screen. I did hundreds and hundreds of fast paced shows with poor lighting and a midi buddy. (No lights,no bank indicator). Many times powerful big stage lights beaming down on you will render any screen unreadable. I haven't tried my Kemper in direct sunlight, I wonder if I could see it then.

No, big glare. I put bigger feet on the backside of the remote so it's at more of an angle. That kind of helps. Having the option for a layout "D" where the rig name is huge would help me the most.

Wrong. Just research the bride design changes , and intonation action settings for some of the older ones. Wrong.

My man, I was making a simple point. Firstly, I have a ‘54 Blackguard beat to crap. The intonation is fine and it sounds better than any new one. Yes, it does. If you wanted a telecaster sound on a record, you want my guitar not some shiny thing with six saddles, noiseless, 14” radius slim neck, no ashtray lip bridge, off the wall at guitar center. Just like you don’t want a 1969 Marshall profile to be done with fender amp, & a tube screamer. You want it to sound right. We’re talking about sound, right? I’m sure Kemper will be updating hardware, soon. In the meantime they are constantly giving us updates. I got mine in 2019. With the amount of updates Since then it’s a totally different thing. As far as tube amp sound and feel, it’s got it down. You don’t have to buy one, and you don’t have to keep one.

Good suggestion JoshuaL1. Go to youtube and find the guitar sound you like and put in for example," bohemian rhapsody guitar" or whatever, and you get iso tracks. It really, really helps setting up profiles if you know what a mic'ed up guitar amps sounds like, and if you've done a lot of recording. It doesn't sound like the amp in a room. Those Hi-mids are everything for a guitar tone to sound right.

Kemper’s approach to developing their products is quite unique. No fundamental hardware updates beyond form factor for over a decade.

On top of that - the product is still incredibly competitive.

The Telecaster has been same for 72years. Still going strong. Sometimes they get it right the first time.8)

I need to wear glasses to see that screen, and I don't want to do that when I'm doing a show,(vanity) and contacts make me dizzy, so I needed to make up that magnifying thing, which makes it only a little bit better. But those Huge letters, as in layout C, would be magnificent!

Wow. I'm The only one that would Like to have the Rig Name large instead of the Performance? The way layout "A" does it but with the size of Layout "C."

To me that is not the case. I have 3 scenarios (iem, studio monitors, rehearsal space) they all sound completely different. Maybe slight nuances

You need to get a consistent sound on those. I don't know how you can possibly get a good sound for a show if what you are dialing in elsewhere is "completely different" it won't work. Are you using the IEM's at rehearsal?

Are you saying you are mic'ing your kemper cab or you are going from your monitor out or what?

I do not think they cut the frequencies they say they do. I think they shelve them , cause you can cut above 80 hz on a graphic , but when you go to the 80 hz band and boost the gain on it you hear it coming back in.

? Where did you get that? I said My sound transfers great. Meaning, what I hear from my studio monitors, From My IEM's, and from my Cab, Sound the same as when it goes to FOH. That's why I suggested he check the quality of what he is monitoring on at home and at rehearsal If it is sounding different from FOH. Only as good as the weakest link.

I find that my sound(s) transfer great from home studio and monitors to IEM’s, speaker cab with a Kemper Kone, to FOH. They all pretty much sound the same. I output at -24db but my profiles are pretty loud too. I think somewhere along the line you are not hearing something right between creating and auditioning the profiles and FOH. How are you monitoring the profiles when you are creating/setting them up?