Posts by ewikman

I've never profiled myself... but I watched a recent video where some guy explains that the KPA guesses the gain after the profile for the graphic representation. I am curious how this works more in depth because while browsing thru sounds it seems some rigs have more gain than others, but the graph-bar graphic shows the opposite. Is this common? Why might this be? If I sort by "gain" I'd like them to really be in order so I can find the right rig for recording.

Thanks.

Say I'm searching & auditioning through many clean rigs in RM late at night (at a low volume). Many Rigs I select can’t be heard at the same overall volume I have my system set at compared to to others. What might be the best "volume" to reach for to quickly bring them each into a good basic range. Seems I have to boost Rig vol (and/or) Amp vol a good amount to get some up to match. How do you guys handle this so we can judge the Profiles/Rigs from an equal volume settings? Is there an easy fix? Would I need to turn some down instead?

After this I'd like to "store" them with RM so I don't need to repeat next time I come across the Rig.

And why are some so low? Does that start at the Profiling stage? I'm still getting to know all complexities.

Thanks!

1. Thanks! that at least helps make it faster again.

2. Mac

3. Yes this one prevents me from getting a lot of work done at this early stage with my KPA. Buying, auditioning & organizing. I hope they get to this in the next Beta!

4. they are helping me get back to the good ones.

5. Thanks! good to know. I thought I'd seen then suddenly come back a couple times.

Hi just wanted to report a few issues I'm having with the latest beta.

1. Did they take away the ability to use the up/down arrows while auditioning Profiles in RM? It doesn't seem to work any longer. Now I need to dbl click each time again. Wasn't it a a setting in Prefs?

2. RM crashes most of the time while I drag and drop to organize. If I "copy" it seems ok.

3. When I use a "search term"... and dbl click to load/audition, RM now seems to leave the search and go to the folder where that Profile resides. BUT i lose the search results. Didn't it use to just load the profiles and then I could go thru all of them w/o losing the results and having to start the search all over again?

4. Is it normal for FAVS to not follow when I organize? If I set a fav and then copy that Profile to another organization folder it is no longer "favorite".

5. Some of my oraganiztion folders still don't show the contents... and other do. Not sure what's going on. Sometimes they just show one Profile, even though it says there are hundreds showing total in the folder icon.

Also is there a way to turn off show doubles?

Thanks!

Hi,

Might it be in the works to be able to open multiple "blocks" to edit on one screen ...at some time in the future? Like open the Amp, Cab & Output all together. That would really speed up dialing in. Also maybe easier to scroll through the amps & cabs... instead of having the lock everything else and load profiles. Unless I missed it.

Thanks!

Wasn't there a way to do this with separate foot switches (standard) plugged directly in the Kemper? Thought I saw this somewhere, not sure though :/

So I plugged a normal sustain pedal (un-latched) into pedal 1. Set up pedal 1 for dual switch (tip=looper start --> ring= looper stop). then I inserted Looper into stomp C. All I got was a lot of hiss. Could not make it work or even get a signal with the pedal plugged in. Only when I removed it would my signal come back. What am I missing? Thanks! Manual doesn't go into this as far as I could see,

Anyone else have issues with accidentally programming some Morphing because your expression pedal was not at heel position while tweaking parameters?

I use my KPA for studio only... so sometimes I don't always remember to rock the pedal back when I'm working/ tracking... and sometimes I save w/o realizing.

Thanks

Hi, I recently was shown this video link to talk about trying to simulate speaker air movement with a dynamic EQ.. so that the sound "grows" a bit or is just a little more "alive". I have created a preset in FabProQ3 (trying to replicate) but my results are not really working for me as it's a total tone change when I tried to use it as is. And when I lower the threshold it doesn't seem to engage at all then... either full on or nothing. Seems like playing softer would just give less, but can't seem to get those results. I like the idea of what this could do to get another couple % points towards what we get with a cabinet/speaker so I was thinking how best to adjust this preset before I give up. Maybe just a have a slight "total" volume boost when playing more dynamic? Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks very much! That is what I will do then.

Hi,

If I tweak profiles... how can I save them "only" to a folder in Rig Manager? I'd like to build up many variations (for later speedy recording). KPA is close to full. I'd like to save sometimes 5-10 variations each w/ diff fx settings etc... and "don't" want to save them the the Kemper itself first if possible. Or if I load a preview of a Profile from Rig Manager and then tweak it a bit, can I save in another folder quickly? I tried copy & paste but the edits didn't stick.

Thanks!

I tried again 3 days ago.

if you're in doubt that it works, please contact support by using the contact form on our website. In the tests we've conducted, the delay was spot on - unless one makes it wobble which, depending on how you set it up, is possible and sometimes intended. but that wobbling has nothing to do with the MIDI clock. it's an option which you base on a stylistic decision. so, let's work on that - okay?

OK, I will do that. Most times companies love it if you use the forum first for all the users to help take the load off tech support.

what do you mean by it doesn't work for you either? is your Profiler not receiving MIDI clock or do you _hear_ anything out of the ordinary?

I THINK I "can see" a TINY TINY "c" on the front panel screen like I've read about... so it IS supposedly getting the signal. But the tempo will not sync. When I look at beat scanner (liek someone suggested in a post) it says crazy tempos like 256... not even multiples of what my project is set to. And the delays just smear into an odd phasey flangey sound for lack of a better term. I've been using Midi Clock and MTC etc so over 25 years for many other pieces of gear. And from what I've read... this does not work for anyone I could find.