Posts by Yoda Guitar

Hi Yoda, as Paul and others have said, I’m pretty sure it’s not a bug but a fundamental change to the way factory content is handled.

So this mean I can't delete Firmware preset's any more ?

One of the great advantages of the KPA for me was that I could delete everything that I don't use or need.

This applies to the supplied profiles as well as to presets.

The assumption that every user has to have exactly these firmware presets on his system is an arogant way of thinking.

That already bothered me with Line6 and Fractal.

That was the reason to buy a profiler instead of a modeller.

For different reasons, I will maybe use 10% of that presets supplied by the manufacturer (not my music style, using external effects etc).

For me it is simply superfluous ballast.

I think it will be time for me to look for other solutions.

I think that is by design, not a bug. My understanding from reading the Release Notes is that Factory Presets are now automatically handled by RM and by Profiler OS updates.

No, i don't think so.
    Yes Presets are handled like Rigs in Preset Packs like Rig Packs by the RM installation and will be delivered within the installation process.

if you look into the OSX Package (MAC) or into the Programmfolder (Windows) you will find the preset pack folder (Resources/Preset Packs).
    But will be not displayed --- It's a bug sorry.

I think I got the same but wasn't 100% sure after I had installed it (Alzheimer kicks in, it seems).

But what I can add to this is that in the "Help / User Manuals / Rig Manager What's New" document it also says 3.2 Beta

Also WebSite says still Rig Manager 3.1 Release (3.1.62)
    Don't find the new Fuzz Presets for Download or included in the RM Update.

Also das Mastervolume ist der falsche Ansatz.
    1. Du kannst im output menu einstellnen welche outputs sich mit dem Master Volumen Pot einstellen lassen.
    Normalerweiste stell man den MAIN out auf -12 db und läst es da stehen.

2. Die Lautstärke differenzen stellt man am Rig Volumen ein, das wird je Rig mit gespeichert (also speichern nicht vergessen).

Bitte lesen "KEMPER PROFILER Das Grosse Handbuch 8.1.pdf" Seite 107ff und Seite 72 ff

Meine best practice zum Einstellen, nimm einen Loop auf (dabei sollte die Looper Location auf Input stehen) Seite 303.

Dann nimmst am besten mit der DAW alles auf, oder du beschaffst dir eine DB Mess app für dein Handy und/oder deinen Computer.
    Ich benutze zum Beispiel zum Einstellen "Youlean Loudness Meter" und unterwegs Dezibel X oder dB Meter für das iPhone.
    Ich habe mir je Sound (Clean / Crunch / Highgain) je ein referenz Rig angelegt mit dem ich dann die anderen Rigs vergleiche.

Das ist aber alles nur eine Grobeinstellung, das Finetuning must du im Badkontext machen (Proberaum).
    Gewöhnt euch an alles im Proberaum aufzunehmen das vermeidet spätere Diskusionen.

This is not a Kemper specific question.

You need to program / set up your MIDI floorboard correctly.

Ask the floorboard vendor whether if hey have a preconfiguration for Kemper.

Otherwise you have to configure the floorboard yourself, which requires a minimum understanding of MIDI.

When I look at the price of the device I don't see any reasonable reason to prefer it to a Kemper Remote.

Download the manuals first.
    http://www.rocktron.com/upload…midi_raider_manual_r4.pdf
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals (download MIDI Parameter Documentation (Rev. 154))

I think it's an adapter issue.
    So what I understand is the following routing

iMac -> USB/C -> Firewireadapter -> Motu

iMac -> USB2 -> Kemper

Don't mix USB2 with USB/C (USB3)

If you MIX USB2 (Kemper) with USB3 on one USB Controller you may get instability because of the different data rate.

For me,

I would prefer that Kemper solve some problems and issues first,

before thinking about adding more futures and effects.

only some open Issues ...

- RM search in subdirectories.

- RM reorganization of directories

- RM Assigning effect buttons via RM

- RM Performance Mode handling and synchonisation.

- RM Saving Stompbox and Effect Groups like on KPA

- RM Grouping Performances as Setlist.

- KPA Wild flashing of the BPM LED display

- KPA boot startup time.

- KPA Looper volume via expression pedal

- KPA sporadic MIDI Buffer overflow exeption when working with RM, Remote and PC/MIDI

-- KPA Performance Mode adressing a Performance Slot by MIDI that is disabled or not setuped will select the first slot of Performance. Makes it hard to work with an third party controller. I would expect in general that a MIDI Message that is not correct or not executeable should be ignored iststead of executing something else.

Please Upgrade your MAC OS El Capitan is outdated since over 4 Years
    If you have a older MAC see http://dosdude1.com/software.html how to install never OSX on unsuported MAC.

Rig Manager 3.1 Release (3.1.62) for macOS

RELEASE VERSION of Rig Manager 3.1

KEMPER Rig Manager™ allows you to preview and manage your collection of PROFILER™ Rigs, Performances, and presets.

This version of Rig Manager should be used in combination with PROFILER OS 8.0 or higher

System requirements: macOS version 10.12 or higher

Ganz im Gegenteil, je weniger Volumen im CAB desto weniger Einfluss durch die Bauart. Das Kemper CAB ist ja nicht um sonst geschlossen, damit eben keine Resonanzen den Klang beeinflussen.
    Ich würde das CAB sogar hinten schließen.
    Das habe ich bei meiner 1x12 PALMER und bei der 2x12 gemacht.

Do you have anything locked apart from the INPUT section? In this case, the new rig is still „edited“ because of the different settings.

I see, reverb and delay is locked always ...
    So I don't see any advantages as it is implemented right now, sorry.
    From a programmer's perspective, that may be true. From a user's point of view, it is rather confusing.