Posts by paddyc

If liquid profiling actually means, as some as said, that I can use one '69 Plexi profile and reach over and tweak the knobs and get essentially the same result I'd get from the "real" amp, then this would be a HUGE game changer. As other have said, no more having to have 10 profiles of the same '69 Plexi to get different basic tones.

My only concern is that if we only now need 1 profile of any amp, the little room inside the Kemper where all the profiles are kept will become a bit echoey.

I suppose it will make it lighter though.

Tough crowd.

You can go up to strength 6 with reading glasses

I'm pretty useless at all this computer stuff. Tried Tonex, could feel the latency. Tried NAM, vsti wouldn't load, messy and yep, felt the latency

For idiots like me, it's so easy just to switch on the Kemper and play. I'll take a bit of compression over latency any day.

Im learning 'Why I'm here" by Oleander, it has a violin part. Can I create that sound from my kemper?

Thank you.

In all seriousness the only way I found to reasonably fake violin was with Stradivarious Violin via Kontact player.

I've got a beautiful cello called Goffriller (think that's the right spelling) too .

Tried volume swells etc with a guitar couldn't get it right.

Can send you a link if you want to her it in a song :thumbup:

Holy cow.

Equally I don't care whether you care or not. My original post wasn't personally directed to you or at you . Tonex is being marketed by shills on YT as a game changer. I tried it and was disappointed. That was my point. Take it or leave it.

If you think Tonex or QC works for you then happy days.

Perhaps we should leave it there.

I see. Does everything that even potentially competes with the Profiler need to be a game changer?

Sorry you are struggling with this.

When the QC was released it was hailed as a "game changer" by the Youtube shills.

The Tonex is now the new "gamechanger" according to the shills on youtube.

These offer alternative form and perhaps differences in functionality, but they do not change the game.

The only gamechanger was actually the Kemper, as nothing like it existed before it's release.

lol, ok. But neither of these boxes are a game changer.

This is off-topic, but still relevant to this discussion. Saying "what happened there" implies that the QC is a failure of some sort. It isn't. Not even close.

Reading elsewhere it's clear to me QC over promised and under delivered.

Kemper under promised and has overdelivered - compare the constant free updates since inception.

I just think this "game changer" expression is flogged to death by the YT shills. YMMV