Posts by bossanova

Explain this to a noob, pls (genuine question, not trolling):

I bought an Ox Box, a Kemper and a Fender Princeton. I also bought a SM57.

Now, if I were to make a profile of this, either with the Ox or the Mic, why wouldn’t I be able to sell it?

(I’m not going to, but hypothetical)

I bet ToneJunkie spends a lot more time making YouTube videos than profiles, just sayin’

OK, I've had my Kemper for under a month, and it's a home run. Need some guidance as I'm developing workflows and just wrapping my brain around using this efficiently:

1. Say I'm playing a paid profile (TopJimi JTM 45 for example) and I love it, but I'd like to tweak in a few different ways. I place 4 stomps with my own settings, I add a little compression in the stack section, I put an EQ after the stack in the X slot, come up 1 on the gain.

Now I want to save this. Do I rename it? Replace the original in the Kemper and keep the original one in my Rig manager? Do I only edit in performance mode?

I'm sure everyone does this a little differently, and there may be no "right" answer.

2. Something weird happens (100% user error) when I make a few profiles of my own amps in a row, with the naming of the amp, cab, and profile, where I end up with only the last amp, and then a bunch of tags are from another profile. Any tips on preventing this from happening?

Thank you!

Silly question, why do people not like the standard tuner for regular tuning duties? It seems stable and accurate to me, easy to read etc.

I think some people are prone to complaining about anything that is OEM, or free. It's really stupid. The Kemper's tuner is the only tuner that would make my Turbo tuner unnecessary in a pinch. The polytune is terrible.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

JT Tuning:

Hi all, I’m very new to Kemper, but I’ve had an Ox for the better part of a year. I was able to profile my Dirty Shirley Mini with it, but I’m still experimenting with different settings.

Is anyone out there doing this (I’m sure I’m not alone) and can share your profiles and experiences?

I'm new to the KPA, but I'm noticing a lot of Marshall profiles sound pretty muddy/loose on the low E string (a very "realistic" issue, I know) when played on a LP.

My "real world" solution to this is usually to place a Prince of tone pedal in front of the amp, but I'd like to try and stay full digital if I can, as I don't want to carry any extra boxes.

What are guys doing to tighten up those profiles? Pick/Clarity?

You're right about this. Have you considered to use the direct out (with cab on) instead?

Yes, but unfortunately that would give me Cab emulation on my guitar cabinet, which is a no-go.

What I'll do for now is bypass the Kemper Reverb and do this at the mixer instead.

We have three analog outputs which can be configured individually plus HEADPHONE OUT with Master Stereo signal plus SPDIF.

Parallel Path as an additional Output Source could be considered.

Thank you. Am I wrong to think that if I use the speaker out (with cab emulation turned off) to a guitar speaker, the monitor out would then also have emulation turned off? In my case, I was hoping to have 2 different outputs with cab emulation to FOH, and one output with cab emulation off.

Good point about the spdif out, I can use that if the mixer has spdif input, not as rare these days than it used to be!

Thanks Burkhard. Adding Parallel path as an output source would be great. Another useful option would be to allow Parallel path to have it’s own panorama control to pan it anywhere in the stereo field.

Sorry for hijacking this thread though so I’ll butt out now :)

No worries, I think we’re on the same page!

(You just expressed it way more clearly, I’m not fluent in Kemper-speak yet!)

I’m new and looking to get a dual mono output as well as a monitor out for my next live show. I play classic rock, so don’t need the real wet/dry type of sound, but more like a 2-guitar crunch sound.

I’ve got a power head, a passive guitar 1x12 cab, and want to send main out to foh. What options do I have?

I'm based in DC, and post frequently on TGP. Anybody here from the district?

3 days in, I'm profiling, morphing and making performances. I love this thing.

Me and a buddy made a profile of his '65 Silvertone Twin Twelve in the studio. I played it back through his original cab (has old, original Jensens) and it sounded absolutely glorious. He was blown away, he'd never heard of Kempers, but has owned the amp for over 15 years and loved that we could make it sound exact, but also easily turn down the bass and bump the treble slightly, at will, and correct for different guitars.

I'm still pretty clumsy with it, but this is gonna be a long-term relationship.