Posts by jfischer518

Its early in the year but I have picked up a few things so far.

Just got a 5150 III 6L6 212 cab and an EHX Holy Grail Neo today.

TC Electronic Sentury

Friedman Power grid 10

Abasi Pathos coming this weekend

Ampeg VT-60 and the is on its way out

I built a buffer pedal for my board

Bunch of cables for the board and strings

as a player, in cover bands, for 55+ years. I’m a less is more player.
    ‘I find an Amp, a touch of reverb, and a little delay occasionally, covers over 90% , 0f the

100’s of songs that I play

I completely agree with this, I prefer to have my od/distortion come from the amp. The Kemper is perfect for me when it comes to that stuff, if I want more or less or different i just swap the amp. Even with my analog rigs, I have things like flanger, phaser and delay but they are almost never on. MY idea of a prefect KPA2 would be mostly subtle and would barely be able to be called a version 2. Add a screen that people keep calling for, maybe upgrade DSP or small things like that but make sure that the OS does not need a major overhaul so previous versions of the KPA remain relevant.

Give me a great amp, a little reverb, a boost and some effects for the occasional cover I -play that needs them and I am a happy guy.

I just wish a Kemper Unit as Multi Effect for real Amps. Maybe as 19" or just as a Floorboard.

I am going to start by saying I love my Kemper and sold my Helix to get my stage unit with no regrets. That being said, an effects only unit from Kemper may not bring a return on investment enough to warrant the R&D costs. With the HX FX and the FM3 on the market already it would be a tough spot to get into without stellar effects in the box. Helix has nailed the effects and the HX FX put them all in a pedal board. When I need effects the Kemper is not the first thing I think of when I have tube amps and a pedal; board sitting behind me. I use my Kemper for the amps and how well they reproduce tube amps. I have even at one point mounted my Kemper on a board with some of my favorite effects. I do use the effects in my stage but it is out of convenience of the all in one unit. IF you really love the Kemper effects, you can always use the Kemper stage into the an amp and just shut off the amp and cab blocks.

From my point of view the Kemper does not need to refresh the Kemper to add thing like dual amps or that kind of thing. Now that being said a Kemper 2 that refreshed the UI with the modern features like a screen or user interface things like that. This would allow an updated model to be released with a more modern feel while retaining the same OS that all the units are using. That type of solution would be a win for everyone, new features and feel to bring in the people that complain about the UI while retaining the updates and functionality for those that are content with the Kemper as is. One common things that I have noticed with all of the QC stuff online lately is that it is getting put up against the 10 year old Kemper over and over again and still only gets a slight edge in a couple minor areas. This confirms to me that the Kemper as is, is still VERY relevant. The idea of a Kemper 2 with only a UI refresh I think could be a game winner.

Another forum member had a similar issue recently.

The input signal that the Kemper was receiving was too hot and clipping. The Kemper mistook the clipping as a noise gate.

You're signal still may be too hot if the profile did not turn out well.

Ya, that was me. I was doing a direct profiles then. Currently I am trying to use a mic. I actually had the profile tell me I wasnt loud enough profiling the Blue channel at a similar volume. I have not been able to try the reduced return from inside the profiler yet, that is next.

One thing that I have been taking from all of the videos comparing the Kemper to the QC is that they are incredibly close in capturing an amp. The Kemper is almost 10 years old and still going toe to toe with the newest latest and greatest on the market. Now there are advantages that I see with the new unit like dual amps, capturing pedals and things like that. Most of those things I would assume that they were not even thought of as needed when the Kemper first came out.

Anyone else have trouble trying to profile a 5150 III red channel? I have gotten errors that I have noise gate in the chain, and that I have too much gain with the gain only on 3 and volume on 2. I have finally gotten the profiling process to finish without error and damn might be the worst sounding profile I have ever heard. I am using a single SM 57 and a Mesa Lonestar 212 cab if that helps.

I can’t say I see much benefit in it to be honest. I profile from the toaster and often use the Remote footswitches to step through the sequence. I usually connect my Apple keyboard to the KPA USB port for naming and tagging profiles. Which works really smoothly. However, naming and tagging via RM would be a nice smooth workflow. To be fair that might already be viable as I haven’t tried it ?

Naming and tagging can be done in RM for sure and I have done it. If I owned a toaster I probably would not have even thought of wanting to be able to perform profiling from RM but with the Stage I find myself on the floor with the unit. I am sure the functionality would not be hard to add but then again we still don't have a tuner in RM either.

Hi. I am planning a combo build with my rack mount Kemper . I want 2 powered FRFR speakers to build into it. Small but full sound. I am sure that this has been done before so please tell me what you did and how it turned out! Thanks in advance, Bobby

Should be simple enough, especially if you have a powered rack. Even if you don't, I believe camplifier has units that can be installed. Build a cab for everything and use a couple of Kemper Kones and you're in business.

If it is there please just let me know I am an idiot or what ever. Seems that could and should be able to profile from the RM interface. Especially for Stage users like me that would be a huge work flow aid.

I am not sure I understand the benefit here. I you use the Kemper as a dedicated to power amp and cab system you would have all direct profiles loaded and then the cab block would be disabled by default. To me RM is flexible enough to set up how ever your work flow works for you. I tend to use merged profiles since I have a Stage I send the monitors our to my cab with the cab turned off. That lets me send the main to FOH if they have a PA. Maybe I am missing what you mean by "dedicated section"