Posts by jippitygem25

In two years time firmware will advance including the capture process itself. Though not a fan, at all, of being tied to a cloud server (aka someone else's computer), I am still on the edge of buying a QC just to see how it develops. If Neural takes it to a cloud REQUIRED status and a subscription required, then I can sell it off.

I have the Axe FX III and Kemper rack. The new Axe firmware had sounded delightful! The QC is more attractive to me than either the Helix or Headrush, and not interested in amp plugins at all. If I am moved to drag my old amps from storage, then the QC could be a win win. Still, unsure at this point in time.

how do you like the AxeFx3? Thinking of trading a tube amp for the FM3 just to compare it to the kemper and see which side of things I like better; modeling vs profiling

You need powered monitors with any unpowered unit like Kemp stage or Line6 helix.

Great I will only look for powered monitors then. Anything else one should consider when researching studio monitors? Some must haves or some definite no-no's?

At what point does spending extra money on monitors really make that big of a difference? I know ultimately it comes down to taste, but any insight is greatly appreciated!

Starting to do some research on studio monitors for my kemper. I have the unpowered Stage. Does having an unpowered stage matter with monitors or I can buy powered studio monitors and be fine? Do I need to have anything extra on my PC to run monitors or just plug and play?

no brother Nicky Monkey_Man , if I decide to do it it’s gonna be a single amp pack.
    The blue rumble is already in the first pack.

For those who have Facebook this is a very tasteful example of the V-empire blue rumble

https://www.facebook.com/andre…videos/10222905546740834/?

Tried the blue rumble just now and that profile is awesome to me. Such a cool voicing. I really like both of those profiles, it would be cool to try the real amp

Great info I really appreciate it. What I might end up doing is selling or trading my Friedman JJ Jr head for a pair of real good studio monitors. I just don't want to cheap out on monitors because I really do think stuff like that makes all the difference. Right now I only play my kemper through my Headrush 1x8" FrFr which just isn't that good and low end headphones. I think Id be in a whole new world with some quality sound potential.

As for headphones, whats the deal with the Ohms? What Ohms level do I have to buy so it works properly with the kemper?

I have a pair of headphones I can use in the meantime until I decide on better studio headphones, but I have to use the USB attachment for enough length. I tried this in the kemper and i didnt get any sound. Is there something I missed or Kemper won't accept headphones with USB plug. I do have a 1/4" adapter, maybe I can just use that and go into a monitor slot?

As hafi19 and Monkey_Man already stated ( thanks guys) indeed it’s a V-Empire Greenpoint 30.
    Unfortunately this company doesn’t exist anymore..that’s a pity because they’ve build great amps. This Greenpoint is a great example but I also have the Blue rumble MK II which is an unbelievable 4 channel amp. It’s an equivalent of a Bogner ecstacy and maybe even better.
    But unfortunately very unknown so I’m hesitating to release it as a single pack.

Awesome, even on Google I cant find much information on it. What kind of voicing is the amp supposed to produce? Or is it a whole new monster?

Simulate, yes - not duplicate. It is an entirely different sound.

There is a very real reason studios everywhere use near-field and far-field speakers to monitor and fine tune recordings. Just like the feel of a guitar amp moving air, if not even more important.

I've had good luck with a pair of Sony MDR-7506 headphones. But I don't use them for mixing or fine-tuning a recording. They have proven quite good for tweaking KPA sounds for use live.

Yeah im not doing any mixing or recording at the moment, just looking for a solid pair of headphones so I can turn my kemper volume up and be able to get a closer sound of what im gonna hear FOH and also what's best for tweaking.

It really depends on the IEMs. My 64 Audio custom IEM's sound better than any headphones I've ever heard but they also cost over $1000 bucks. So they better sound good. You can spend $3500 or more on IEM's with 18 drivers in each ear and it isn’t going to get more detailed than that! But what you're never going to get through your ears is the low frequency that actually moves air and your body like a guitar cab, and big pa speakers and subs at a venue. I too trust my studio monitors to dial in the sound that I will feed to FOH and it translates great. But I also check it through my IEM's, because that's what I'm gonna hear. It's gonna sound a bit smaller and thinner in them. It's just physics, ya know?

I hear ya man. Something about IEM's ( mine are either double or triple drivers Sennheisers) that for the high gain stuff just take a little edge off and that can really effect the way you play and feel. But IEMs are not supposed to sound similar to headphones right? I know solid studio monitors are the move, but i just have to wait a bit more.

I trust my studio monitors best for tweaking sounds. Headphones are not ideal in my opinion, but could probably work better than IEM imo. If you use studio headphones, try to get an open back pair that's as flat as possible. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600 which seem to work well.

Aren't headphones supposed to simulate studio monitors though? Maybe im just majorly misinformed

An old friend gave me a pair of AKG K240 headphone monitors that just don't work anymore. I never used them much so I really dont have anything to compare to, but I can't really afford computer studio monitors at the moment. I do have some decent IEM's that I use live but im not that crazy about the IEM sound for lead guitar. Will studio monitor headphones sound different than IEM's? Are they supposed to? Which is better for tweaking my sound that people would hear FOH? Any headphone monitor suggestions? These are the ones I could cheaply replace, but I'd be willing to spend a bit more if the quality was that much better.

Is this not standard for every modeling device?

I would think you'd need something like a Variax in order to transpose one string at a time.

Yes, that is standard but i asked because who knows maybe they developed this feature. I bought the variax for that reason, and sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it haha. I usually enjoy the sound and feel of my non-variax guitars more. So in my eyes whoever can develop the ability to include alt-tunings in their modeling gear can just take my money.

Check this out about 5 mins. It shows what looks like a cents adjustment. The transpose sounds quite good, but who knows out many cents you can detune by.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It does sound pretty cool, but it seems like it can only transpose every string at once? Like he went E standard to D standard but I guess you cant go from E standard to Drop D with a click?

Ok so I just watched the two videos from Rabea. QC is a cool unit so im excited to see what happens when we get to hear more. In his "Unboxing" video towards the end, he pushed a button and with his droptuned guitar, he went from A to G on the low E string I think. Can the neural deliver alternate tunings outside of just a half step transpose?