Lost input for one guitar [solved]

• My Les Paul all of the sudden doesnt have output whereas my other guitars are fine. Any ideas? How can I force a reinstall of the firmware?

• Elementary Dear Watson....Its your guitar not the KPA! If other guitars work fine with the same known good cable, then your LP most likely has a bad output jack or, less likely, a wiring issue.

bd

• Elementary Dear Watson....Its your guitar not the KPA! If other guitars work fine with the same known good cable, then your LP most likely has a bad output jack or, less likely, a wiring issue.

bd

Actually the Les Paul works fine when plugged into regular amps.

• OK...really strange. I was wrong....my guitars are not working with the Kemper. The only way I can get output on any guitar is to select both pickups and crank both guitar pickup volume controls on the guitar body to max. If I select less than max volume or select just the neck or bridge pickup the output cuts out. It happens with both of my electrics......"Not the guitar or wiring". Any ideas? Thanks.

• Problem solved...... when I first encountered this issue I immediately tried plugging into a regular amp with the same guitar and cable....they worked. Then I tried different guitars with the Kemper and same problem..... Finally as a last idea I tried a different guitar cable even though the first one worked in another amp.....Problem solved.... For some reason the Kemper stopped working normally with the other guitar cable. Any ideas? I suppose it doesn't matter now.

• Yeah. The cable was semi- dead in the beginning, later completely dead. :)

Need a cable Doctor. ;) I am glad it was not an issue with my Kemper as I would not want to be without it. There are two types of amplifiers.....There are Kemper amps and those amps that wish they were Kemper amps. The Kemper amp is the best guitar related product that I have or probably ever will purchase.

• Yeah. The cable was semi- dead in the beginning, later completely dead. :)

A dead cable turned into a zombie cable got zapped by the KPA, fooled the tube amp and got finally decapitated by the KPA. :evil:

The old roadie saying applies: Before dragging another amp on stage CHECK the CABLES first! 8o