Delayed pitch shifted notes.

• I know others have requested pitch shifted delays a la the eventide units or Axe pitch crystals. For what I do, I need a lot of ambient type effects (church Praise and Worship). I think the Kemper Profiler will probably really catch on with church guys (we are a lot of times essentially a cover band for multiple different artists/styles etc.) with it's different profiles and capabilities. I know I am seriously considering using it instead of my Morgan to deal with stage volume issues. I know a lot of guys that need to create ambient textures and my strymon timeline did a great job of the pitch shifted delayed notes to make a pad under the music. I just sold it though, to buy a kemper, so if something like a shimmer reverb or pitch shifted delay were added, I know it would influence lots of P & W guys (who are a huge market for boutique gear - pedals - amps - etc.) probably more so than most regular gigging bands! Long message to say that we would love to see the capability even if there aren't any huge bands that are creating stuff with it, there are huge churches doing that. Thanks for all your hard work CK. Great job on the Profiling amp and responding to users here. I am very impressed with your level of commitment to your customers. It says a lot!

• Same here for the ambient, pad effects. Play at church as well and the KPA has been a dream come true. I no longer get the request to turn down, point the cabs to the back or put them in a different room completely.

Each Sunday we cover a lot of ground and need a lot of sounds easily accessible. With IEMs, I've been blown away by the KPA.

Having ditched the time factor and pitch factor from Eventide, I long for some of those filtery, delay, crystal kind of things.
    Sean

• That was fantastic, thanks for sharing.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Thanks for these examples and posts!

Most requests seem to be about the shimmer reverb.
    I am definetely planning pitch shifted reverbs to create pad sounds.
    I'll do my best to put my creativity into that to get a bit more sound out of that than the existing implementations. I love that stuff. We are a Synthesizer company as well!

About delayed pitch shifter: that's a different story than the shimmer reverb.
    In most clips there is no delayed pitch shifter, but often a pitch shifter combined with delay or reverb. That is possible in the Profiler already.

The Holdsworth and Belew example are pitch shifter with delay, but very experimental. Very interesting, and far from being mainstream.
    For me there's a gap between the mainstream request for a pitch shifter with delay and the artistical skills to use it.
    In simple words, why do you ask for an effect, that is so rarely used?
    And why is nobody asking for a similar delay in other effects like wah, frequency shifter, distortion, phaser?

• To be frank, I would love a full parallel path with the ability to apply all those effects only to delays and/or reverb. Like I mentioned, I use a couple Zoom boxes purely for those types of effects. However, pitch shifted delay is very nice for creating bouncy rhythms rather than simply pad type of stuff most use shimmer type of effects for. I'd love some type of sample and hold effect as well (not like the ehx freeze, though that would be cool too, but like the bubbly synth effect). I mean I could create 50 posts of different stuff I could dream up but I realize most folks have no use for those type of effects and even I only use them sparingly. I'd love to e en see some type of sequencer in which you could chop up a signal in different slices and apply different effects to different slices as the played back.

For me there's a gap between the mainstream request for a pitch shifter with delay and the artistical skills to use it.
    And why is nobody asking for a similar delay in other effects like wah, frequency shifter, distortion, phaser?

Because very few know what to ask for, as they haven't heard it yet. Because you have the vision, and have started an evolution of guitar, not the first of course, but presently the best, by giving us a faithful replica of the past( in spades ), which draws in guitarists who would normally NEVER even consider anything but tubes, pedals, and 1/4 inch jacks. i have been a 13 pin addict, even 24 pin, so these extravagant effects appeal to someone like me, but would normally be somewhat alien to a traditional guitarist. With your expertise in synthesis, you could really change the old school guitarists, who you have brought into this family. They will give a try to anything you offer, I would bet. You have the guitar world's attention. Please don't hold back. Let's go somewhere! Roland has the chops, but a terrible attitude. You interact with us, and believe me, that is SO very refreshing.
    Anyway thanks for everything you have developed thus far!

• The Holdsworth and Belew example are pitch shifter with delay, but very experimental. Very interesting, and far from being mainstream.

The pitched delay as used by belew is actually not that hard to use and get very interresting result with. Its not a mainstream effect, but just appeals to the more progressive genre. I think many kemper user likes expermintal progressive music, and therefor the effect would be relavant for kemper users. Arent we kemper users a litlle off main stream ?????? :)

• It would be great to have all these possibilities!!!
    +1000
    :thumbup:

• And why is nobody asking for a similar delay in other effects like wah, frequency shifter, distortion, phaser?

I think the bandwith and freq-parameter already pushes the delay in this kind of direction but additional distortion as a parameter would be nice.

But besides those niché effects I think a nice spring verb will be a far better benefit for a wider amount users then those special delay fx that probably almost no one will use.

• I just ordered my Kemper Profiler (it is backordered until the 17th - hopefully not longer!) But in relation to this feature request, a synth pad type shimmer or pitch shifted delay would be awesome, as I said before, I do a lot of ambient stuff (things that you really should do with a keyboard/synth) I was using my Strymon Timeline to do the synth pad octave up pitch shifting on the delay repeats only until I sold it to try to buy a Kemper. Here is a link to a strymon video showing some of the things you can do with pitch shifted delays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjUqvu9zCU. I know this is a different product that is a standalone delay, and I don't expect all of those things to be available in the Kemper, but the ability to do the synth pad type thing would be most welcome! I was extremely encouraged that you plan to include some sort of shimmer with your own creative twist into the kemper profiling amp, Mr. Kemper! That comment alone pretty much helped me decide to purchase the unit (that as well as all the other great stuff it can do). Having a shimmer reverb or pitch shifted delays isn't something that I absolutely need, but the hope of something creative in that vein being included in the Kemper in the future sounds great. My goal is to just have the profiler and a midi board to control it (I want to keep it simple) so the more effects included the better. Thanks for all the hard work!

• So the delayed pitch is rarely used and not so relevant but the "vinyl stop effect " in the new FW is a must? :)

• It is not a must, but an attempt to establish an effect that is often used, but never brought yet to the guitar world.
    And it requires virtually no parameters.
    If we see in 20 years, that it has not made it's way to our culture, I will be happy to take it out again.

• I get a very nice delayed, shimmery effect by using the ducking knob in the harmonic pitch shifter. Put it somewhere around +2, with two voices at, say, +10 and +12 (a third and a fifth, one octave up), and they fade in beautifully a moment after you pluck the string. Try varying the ducking value and your playing strength to find the right balance.

Enable pure tuning and formant shift, and turn the formant shift knob all the way to the right. Use a nice clean amp profile (I used Ola Englund's clean EVH5150). It's like a choir of angels singing along!