12 TONES...this will blow your mind...watch it all the way through...

• Mind blown!
    Never had an inkling of what Schoenberg was about before
    It's too easy to dismiss stuff that doesn't conform to your own usual norms of shapes and patterns in music and other art. Stuff like this, if you let it, helps you realise your comfortable shapes and patterns are just that - comfortable. It's amazing how good our brain is at grasping new forms and feelings, if you allow it to experience them.
    It's cool to get unsettled now and then!

Now I need a lie-down :)

• Thanks Guitartone, that is good stuff!

Amazing, how 12 tone stuff can turn into something that just grabs your attention open mouthed! Hah, is that English at all? 8o

Yes, that is English indeed. And it perfectly describes how I felt when I heard Stockhausen for the very first time. I was like 15 and these sounds were just so convincing to me. Our music teacher wanted to play us some example of how boring atonal music can be - and he totally failed, well in my case.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Totally crazy stuff!

She could have passed with flying colors all her music, science, art, animation, English and philosophy university courses with this single piece of awesome work!

Her brain functions much faster than mine that's for sure...

How much time it might have taken her to produce all this?

• The most interesting and fascinating thing seen since Dr James Gates found binary code imbedded in string theory, thanks for sharing!

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Arnold Schönberg, "A Theory of Harmony", Chapter III "consonance and dissonance" page 18-22

He didn't have these fancy sharpies but still it is quite interesting to read...

PS: here is the link for german nativ speakers .

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited 2 times, last by fretboardminer ().

• I watched for a minute and stopped, hit the back button and read your instructions to watch the whole thing. Awesome. I don't know how to describe it - beautifully odd.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

Edited once, last by BuckeyeBrown ().

• that reminded me of a study that I have my students do when approaching improvvisation. in other words, I found that 98% of my students (I count several hundreds) don't know the difference between the notes. I'm not talking about order (third, fifth and so on), but I'm referring to their role when used over a chord progression. Every note has it's strenght and it's meaning and both have to be recognize if a successful improvvisation in in order.

so I force my students to improvise over a chord progression cutting out some note of the scale. I usually start cutting out the sixth out of the main minor modes (aeolian and dorian). after that I ask them to cut out the minor third note in order to stay vague..............

overall, I say that the video is very nice, but it doesn't need to be that complicated and overwelming. In other words, to take advantage of the content of this video a good to optimal level of composition and harmony is requested. instead, I found the test of cuttting just one or a couple of notes out of a modal scale is a thing everyone can do with great success...........

to make this concept stronger, recently I had the chance to watch and listen to steve vai while he was fooling around freely for a couple of hours. it was a personal and 'classified' warm up. I was there because one of the few of the entourage allowed in.
    well, what it appears is that Steve doesn't shock the listener with fast techniques and virtuoso phrasing. he shocks just by playing notes and enphasize them as they should, combining them in thousand of ways. This means he knows for sure the meaning of each note he plays.
    so, instead of devoting countless hours in learing to play alternate picking at 150 bpm and up I would just get to know the 12 notes in their meaning and relationship with a chord or chord progression.

hope this helps

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music