KPA/Atomic CLR Question

• Hi all. I know there is another CLR thread but it is too long for me to read through to find my answer (potentially).

I have an active wedge on the way (should get it by next week). What is the best way to use it with the KPA: Monitor Output or Main? I already have the KPA going from the Main Output (via XLR) to my mic pre for home recording. Which is the best way to go? Thanks!

• Had my CLR cab about 2 months. I use the monitor out (with cabs ON of course)
    Very happy with it.
    This thing can get LOUD but sounds just as good at bedroom levels.

• Why is that (not trolling)? My results have been great with all of my recordings (Main Outputs via XLR -> Mobile Pre USB). Honestly just curious. Thanks!

I think this is just a misunderstanding. The profiler delivers a line signal which would be far too hot for a pure mic input.
    I assume though that your mic pre has trim pots for the XLR input so you can adjust sensitivity and attenuate it for line level.

Per your original post: It actually doesn't matter at all which outputs you choose. They sound the same apart from the XLR's being 6 dB hotter IIRC.
    I always use monitor out for my personal monitoring. Main out goes to FOH.

• My experience has been great. My only word of caution is not to expect the CLR to deliver better tone. You may in fact sound worse when you initially plug in your CLR, unless you already tweaked your rigs through good studio monitors at decent volume. What the CLR delivers is accuracy, which for me means I no longer have to wonder what my signal to FOH really sounds like. That's a big deal for any guitarist that runs direct.

• My experience has been great. My only word of caution is not to expect the CLR to deliver better tone. You may in fact sound worse when you initially plug in your CLR, unless you already tweaked your rigs through good studio monitors at decent volume. What the CLR delivers is accuracy, which for me means I no longer have to wonder what my signal to FOH really sounds like. That's a big deal for any guitarist that runs direct.

I second that

That's good to hear. I'm not expecting the world. I am looking for consistency. I love the way my KPA sounds through my studio monitors but can't say I have the same enthusiasm for what I hear through my Matrix GT800FX and Bogner 2x12 cab (loaded with V30s). The power amp is great but don't love what I hear from the cab. I have had the cab for 8 years and it is well broken in. It sounds much better at super high volumes and with a tube amp. The CLR is really to give me a more accurate KPA tone in addition to giving me FOH representation. Standing behind the PA speakers makes it very difficult to hear what the audience hears. A high quality monitor (like the CLR) should easily fit the bill.