Like the profile - buy the amp

• I just wonder if anybody likes some amp profiles so much - that he went and bought the 'real' amp.

Some years ago I owned the first (Line6) Variax - and liked some of the models very much ...

... then I bought all the 'real' guitars (of my favorite models) - and sold the Variax :)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• I did the same thing with the Variax which made me realized how much I needed a 335! So I bought a 335 and sold the Variax.

But with the Kemper it's really a different story because IMO the profiles sound as good as the real deal so why should I bother with tubes again...

• I guess If I needed an AMP to play live again (the kemper seems to do an excellent performance on stage, I just couldn´t bring it over me getting that beauty out of my house) I would buy an AMP which I just discovered and learned loving through the Kemper profiles of it!

• oh, i would love to buy the real vanWeelden Twinkleland! the profile - me finally persuaded mats to post it - is the hammer!
    nevertheless: it was offered a couple of months ago on ebay US for 7.000 dollars. errh, well, i have to postpone this for now :D ...

no armin, i have sold my real marshall slash AFD for the lunchbox and never looked back. i keep my plexi for nostalgic reasons, but that's it.
    no more weight lifting, no more moving microphones around for hours. still a happy bunny after 18 months with the KPA.
    my back is bad and to tell you the truth: i never liked tube amps in the first place, only their sound.

cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• ... i probably will!

>>> I just wonder if anybody likes some amp profiles so much - that he went and bought the 'real' amp.

I got a list of "high priority" amps to buy ... for the next years.
    I got a budget of mmmhhh say 6000 Euros to spend on music things per year . since the car broke this year
    after collecting the kemper (January) the JVM410 + 1936 Box (March) and a fender lipstick strat (May)
    this year is almost done :(

But the next year will be a celebration!

My absolutly favority ist the Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special - there is a huge variety of profiles around
    (soundside / amp factory / rig exchange)
    I love this amp (at least the profiels up to now) and if i got only one amp to buy its this one!

But the list ist about that:

Mesa LSS
    Mesa Ta-30
    JTM45
    Goldfinger
    AC30
    Princeton
    say one amp per year (im now 40) untill im 60 ... that would be fine