NGP - ToneVision - MetalPack news + 2 new Packs!!!

• Hi guys,

after the massive positiv feedback about our Kemper MetalPack, we decided to do some more work with Northern Gateway Productions ToneVision Studios in Berlin.
    We updated the first pack with additional miking(Audix i5), which complemented the pack very well. All customers, who bought the first pack, will receive an email with the new files for free. The pack has grown from 30 to 54 profiles.

We also did two more packs:

MetalPack V2.0
    - Engl Fireball 100, Engl Retro, Diezel Herbert
    - Engl Pro 412, Engl OS 412
    - Sm57, Audix i5
    - total of 41 profiles

BlendPack V1.0
    - EVH 5150 III, Mesa Rectifier, Peavey 6505, Engl Fireball 100, Diezel Herbert, Engl Retro
    - Engl Pro 412, Mesa OS 412
    - Sm57, Audix i5, MD421, AEA R84

For this pack we were looking for some different tones. It consists of different blendings of mics and amps. A total of 28 profiles.

You can find solo and samples in the mix, on my soundcloud page(DI + Backing by Mago & Lasse):
    https://soundcloud.com/tonyschumacher

And the link to our shop:
    http://www.uberprofiles.com
    [Blocked Image: http://www.northern-gateway-productions.com/media/UmPics/1069905_429618120486150_615599818_n.jpg]

Edited 2 times, last by TonyS ().

• Thats awesome Tony! Thanks for all your hard work! When will existing users get the email with the herbert/retro/Fireball profiles?

Hi, if you bought the first pack, you will get the updated version with the new audix i5 miking. The other amps are just available in the new packs.
    BTW: The emails were sent at 10:12PM.

• Got my email about the V2 pack and the free Vol1 profiles! Thanks so much! Since Vol 1 was so great I've been eagerly awaiting your volume 2 pack and I'm sure it will not disappoint. I'll be placing my order later tonight.

You offer great metal profiles and you have a customer and fan here for as long as you are releasing them!

• Thanks for your kind words! Feedbacks like this, are giving me great motivations to keep on working! :)

The blend pack is completly new, there are always 2-3 mics mixed to get a new and different sound. + different amps combined to one sound.

Tony - I forgot to ask, is the blended pack all new profiles or are they the same as vols 1 and 2 but mixed together into a single pack?

• I got the first metal pack and i like it a lot. 4-5 profiles are REALLY good. The "EVH III RED E1" profile is the best metal profile out there (so far) IMHO.

I am really really intrested in the Bogner Ubershall profile. It sounds AWESOME in the demo clip. Could i please buy it? :D :D :D

• Thanks Tony! I will definitely be getting the new blend pack in addition to vol 2 pack. I cant wait to try these out! I'm off to order in a bit.

Thanks again for the amazing profiles and keep up the incredible work!

• Can you recall, if possible, if there was anything different you did with the EVH M4 (I believe that is the one, Ill have to recheck later) from the other profiles as far as mic'ing or settings ? I have not had a lot of time with all of them yet ( I have all three packs now) but this one really stands out differently. It has clarity and punch and seems thicker ( dare I say "More amp like") than the others without the high end harshness that a bunch of the others seem to show when compared to it. It is almost like the others are mic'd up close and right on the come and this one is a bit off to the side and back a bit if I were to describe the tonal differences. Maybe it is just my ears or guitar but it really stands out and I believe in constructive criticism in order to help others make a better product while getting the customer more bang for their buck.

I would also like a more thorough explanation on your mixed profiles. It would also be nice to hear a souncloud clip of these two different styles of mixing since I do not have acces two two similar amps. 1. with one amp powering two cabs that are mic'd and the mics mixed together and sent to the profiler and 2. with two separate amps ( probably the EVH and 6505 since they are similar) and these two mics mixed together and sent to the profiler. There already is a lot of profiles with mixed mics out but would like to hear how the difference is when everything is left the same as far as mic'ing and amp settings and the only variable is one amp or two sending the signl to see how the profiler treats two different amp signals going through the profile process. So really all that would need to change is for the process is for profile 1. slave cab 1 into cab two and for profile 2. unslave the cabs and hook up amp two to cab 2 ( plus whatever you need to do to get the input split into both amps)

I know this sounds like a lot of work for some random request on the internet, though there are a lot of people interested in dual profile playback. By doing the above, you can trial and error a couple different ideas to try and simulate that and hopefully come closer to that dual track fattness in one profile that would be profitable to you and desired by consumers.

• I find the NG profiles sounding very rich in high freqs, almost fizzy, when played with my Gibson LP (500T pickups, drop B tuned)
    I'm the only one having to tweak the profiles that much ?

• I find the NG profiles sounding very rich in high freqs, almost fizzy, when played with my Gibson LP (500T pickups, drop B tuned)
    I'm the only one having to tweak the profiles that much ?

Nope, you aren't the only one as far tweaking goes. I found alot of these profiles had virtually no bottom end, and way too much midrange for my taste as well. Contrary to popular belief, great guitar tones often DON'T sound like crap on their own, or that thin. None of the modern metal engineers ( sneap, Richardson, Lewis/suecof) roll off that much low end, ever. I have profiles by all of them, and none of them are that thin, just something to keep in mind. While these are really good sounding profiles inn opinion, alot of tweaking was needed on my end.

• None of the modern metal engineers ( sneap, Richardson, Lewis/suecof) roll off that much low end, ever. I have profiles by all of them, and none of them are that thin, just something to keep in mind. While these are really good sounding profiles inn opinion, alot of tweaking was needed on my end.

how did you get those profiles?!?! :love:

I have profiles by all of them

how lucky man you are for both having those profiles and, most of all, knowing these great people ! ^^

• Nope, you aren't the only one as far tweaking goes. I found alot of these profiles had virtually no bottom end, and way too much midrange for my taste as well. Contrary to popular belief, great guitar tones often DON'T sound like crap on their own, or that thin. None of the modern metal engineers ( sneap, Richardson, Lewis/suecof) roll off that much low end, ever. I have profiles by all of them, and none of them are that thin, just something to keep in mind. While these are really good sounding profiles inn opinion, alot of tweaking was needed on my end.

Hi VESmedic1
    What kind of tweaking do you do with those fizzy patches ?

• Hi VESmedic1
    What kind of tweaking do you do with those fizzy patches ?

I personally just add a low pass filter in the x spot, seems to take care of alot of it, very useful tool. Or during recording, you'll probably low pass filter around 12k anyways, where alot of that fizz is located