Zoom MS-70CDR

• Anyone looking for a nice compact pedal to add some unique effects to the Kemper should check out the Zoom MS-70CDR. Really fills the gap nicely for anyone looking for shimmers, spring reverb, reverse delay, and pretty much any other oddball effects to create ambient texture or sonic freakouts. One of the things I love about it is modulated delay with independent control over speed and depth. I love setting the speed very low and depth very high. It creates a very subtle chorusing effect which is pretty undetectable with higher gain and the guitar volume up, but when you roll back the guitar volume to clean up you also get this nice kinda shimmer which I simply love. It's also got models of the Eventide Space and Strymon Timeline along with a ton of other tastey stuff. Functionally, its got a setting which allows you to toggle through your favorite presets, and I keep it in the Kemper loop (along with my EHX Freeze) to engage when I want it. Works sweet in that config, best of all only $120. Below is a vid I shot of the factory presets, I also wrote up a more in-depth review here

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

• Great review. Probably worth it for the Eventide and Strymon alone. Zoom has really come out with a lot of great stuff over the last year. I think I'm going to try this to fill in the few gaps on my KPA. I only wish it had a plug for an expression pedal.

I have the B3 bass unit, and it is really surprising for how little it costs.

• Great review. Probably worth it for the Eventide and Strymon alone. Zoom has really come out with a lot of great stuff over the last year. I think I'm going to try this to fill in the few gaps on my KPA. I only wish it had a plug for an expression pedal.

I have the B3 bass unit, and it is really surprising for how little it costs.

Man, I really, really dig what Zoom's doing right now. I have total faith the KPA will be an effects juggernaut at some point. But I'm tracking a 7 song album right now and needed some cool, electronic sounding stuff for a middle bridge and breakdown of a track and I used both the Zoom G3 and MS70-CDR in the loop of the KPA and it just turned out fantastic. To date, I've not been able to get rid of the G3, Digitech Whammy, and EHX freeze pedals. The MS70-CDR had now also been added to the "aux" board and will likely be here for the long haul.

• thanks for this hint! I have ordered one and I am really surprised what you get for 99 Euros. Some of the reverbs and delays sound like the very expensive stuff.. Keeper. Have it in the KPA Loop.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

• hi there! my zoom cdr 70 arrived today ! i am loving the machine! it has really good verbs ! still need time to explore it ! Btw i would love some spring fender blues setting , have a litle fight to find a setting apropriate, but i guess need more time with this lovelly fx unit .

• hi there! my zoom cdr 70 arrived today ! i am loving the machine! it has really good verbs ! still need time to explore it ! Btw i would love some spring fender blues setting , have a litle fight to find a setting apropriate, but i guess need more time with this lovelly fx unit .

I think that the spring reverb model inside gets you instantly to Fender spring reverb territory.
    Awesome box!

+1. Just start with the first preset and disable the trem and back down the dwell to taste. IMHO, an absolutely excellent Fender spring emulation.

• +1. Just start with the first preset and disable the trem and back down the dwell to taste. IMHO, an absolutely excellent Fender spring emulation.

Hi Chen! Obrigado , és um amigalhaço :D . passando para o ingles . .Thanks, i think my problem resides on the non proper levels between the zoom and the kpa loop return, i always find the fender spring of the zoom boxy and mudy, my guitar tones sweeps away, which doesnt happen with other zoom reverbs, I still continue to use the Kemper Matchbox for spring reverb, ( i read somewhere that CKemper designed this reverb as a spring ), the only real spring reverb i had was my old marshall one and Carl Martin Headroom spring, still can find anything cool to my ears as those , not in the zoom and ok in the kemper . So maybe its my fault on the settings . I like to play blues with my variax fender and a deluxe fender profile, so a proper spring simulation would be so good .

Any tips ? thanks in advance

• Hi Chen! Obrigado , és um amigalhaço :D . passando para o ingles . .Thanks, i think my problem resides on the non proper levels between the zoom and the kpa loop return, i always find the fender spring of the zoom boxy and mudy, my guitar tones sweeps away, which doesnt happen with other zoom reverbs, I still continue to use the Kemper Matchbox for spring reverb, ( i read somewhere that CKemper designed this reverb as a spring ), the only real spring reverb i had was my old marshall one and Carl Martin Headroom spring, still can find anything cool to my ears as those , not in the zoom and ok in the kemper . So maybe its my fault on the settings . I like to play blues with my variax fender and a deluxe fender profile, so a proper spring simulation would be so good .

Any tips ? thanks in advance

There should be no level issues as you can control the levels in both the KPA and the MS-70CDR. Set it for unity. Where is your loop in the signal chain? There are 2 different spring reverbs in the MS-70CDR. I prefer the Spring63 a little better. Note that this is a specific model of Fender's outboard unit. If you want more of an amp reverb sound (like in a deluxe) maybe the regular Spring would be closer. If you think the Kemper Matchbox gets closer to the Fender spring sound than the MS70-CDR, well more power to you. I personally very much prefer the MS-70CDR's spring sounds. That said, the Kemper is no slouch in the reverb department for other applications.