Custom Footswitches for the Kemper

• Had some trouble finding good momentary footswitches for the Kemper that worked well and were convenient, so I've spent the last few weeks working on a few prototypes. Found a momentary footswitch that works well, and is robust. These plug into the Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 jacks. If you used controller pedals on Pedal 1 and/or Pedal 2, they can also be plugged into a midi pedalboard directly. I did that with my Ground Control Pro. It also allows you to set up pedals for each rig/midi preset.

Details are on my webpage. I'm offering four different footswitches - 2 two button and 2 four button. Only difference is either hard wired or with 1/4" TRS/Stereo jacks so you can use your own cables. Enclosures are powder coated, very robust and work great. The four button hard wired has one cable with 4 conductors, so you don't have to mess with two stereo cables.

I've used mine with MIDI at the same time, you can either extend the usefulness of your MIDI footswitch - there's a full list of what you can control on my page again - or carry one as a backup. If your MIDI footswitch acts up, you can use one of these to at least get basic functionality - changing rigs up/down and secondary functions - I'd set up a volume boost for leads and possibly a virtual preamp pedal pushing the amp for a little more gain.

Plus the four button switch fits in the back of the non powered Kempers. :D

It goes without saying, but I don't work for Kemper, I'm just a fan coming up with some solutions for my personal use I'm offering to the community.

• The switches look good, but help me out here. I have the UNO4FCB1010 which also has two pedal jacks. So how many switches can I use and what will I gain over the standard UNO4FCB1010? I'm thinking I could have all four stomps and FX available with just one of your two button switches..

• The switches look good, but help me out here. I have the UNO4FCB1010 which also has two pedal jacks. So how many switches can I use and what will I gain over the standard UNO4FCB1010? I'm thinking I could have all four stomps and FX available with just one of your two button switches..

The additional jacks on the FCB are for switching amps and cannot be used for anything with the profiler AFAIK.
    But you could additionally plug switches to the back side of the Kemper to do additional things like switching stomps, doing a switch inversion etc.

• I am looking for a footswitch that switches stomps momentarily. Which means: when you push the switch the stomp is ON and when you release it, the stomp goes OFF again. This could for example switch a Reverb that acts like the right pedal of a piano.

Technically this is tricky for a footswitch because it needs a switch that quickly closes and opens again when it is pushed down and then, when it is released it quickly closes and opens once again. Haven't seen such a switch anywhere. Do you?

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• With the Roland FC-300 this is possible with the two Control Pedals. You can assing CC# to them and choose if they should act latch or momentary.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• With the Roland FC-300 this is possible

Really?! Thank you, that's good to know.

Anyway I also think a software solution is the better way for this than searching for a mechanical footswitch that can do one full cycle each way.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I mean any kind of software solution, internal or external. Although I personally would like best, if there was a solution inside the KPA because I don't want to carry a MIDI footcontroller.

www.audiosemantics.de

• The additional jacks on the FCB are for switching amps and cannot be used for anything with the profiler AFAIK.

Ingolf: are you positive on this one? ?(

I recently got a hold of a used FCB already fitted with the UNO4FCB, which I haven't taken the time to program yet. I was hoping these additional jacks would be usable with the profiler. If not, I won't bother and I'll switch to the UNO4Kemper!

Regards,

ben

• Ben, I'm only semi-positive. ;) I think I read this in the manual. Let's see if I can try something this weekend

• the 2 jacks on the back of the FCB1010 are switches. Designed to be plugged into an amp switch jack to switch channels or turn on reverb etc. they can be programed to switch on/off per patch. It might be possible to plug them into switch jack in back of KPA to do some additional switching, but you could not turn them on/off within the patch, but only at patch change

• Not sure if I get your question right, but in latch mode the control pedal acts like a normal switch (first step = on, second step = off). In momentary mode you step on the pedal and the assigned effect is on for the time the pedal is pushed down. Step off the pedal and the effect is off. This is great for short licks within a song.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)