How exactly does the Aux Input exactly work? Or a signal chain idea...

• I'm away from my unit, so can't experiment, the Aux In essentually provides a line input which can be mixed with the Kemper output correct? So if I run an output from the Monitor out, though an FX unit, and back into the Aux In, would I create a parallel signal path or would it create a feedback loop? Seems like it would be in parallel right? And if a Volume pedal were first in the external chain, you could blend the external chain in and out correct?

• I believe that would be parallel yes. And what you're describing should work. The only possible caveat is you might need to adjust the Monitor Out type, to be sure it is pre-Aux in. But I actually think that all settings, even Master, are pre-Aux.

As with most things, easier to try it than to try to wrap your head around the theory. Just start at low volumes on your monitors. I think you have a 95% probability of success.

Also, you'll want to be running the latest firmware, which improves the Aux In functionality by decoupling its level from the amp volume.

• I learned recently that the AUX IN does not got to the MONITOR OUT. So what you want to do might be possible. At least it should not produce a feedback.

Could be a funny way to trick the Kemp into a second, parallel FX loop.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Ok folks, finally got a chance to try last night and it worked. I set up my Zoom G3 for acoustic emulation and was able to get a layered with a dirty profile. Only issue is the aux input seems a bit noisey, but on the whole a successful experiment.

• Cool!

Yes, the Aux In seems to be quite noisy. So don't forget to turn it down when you don't need it.

In the new FW it seems to be possible to control the Aux In volume separately for Main and Monitor/Headphone Out. This could be handy sometimes.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.