Looper for use with Kemper

• Does anyone have any recommendations for a Looper to use with the Kemper....ie: Boss Loop Station etc. Has there ever been any talk about a looper function being built into the Kemper?

Thanks,
    D

• There are rumours of a looper that could eventually happen with the profiler. As for external devices:
    I like the digitech JamMan pedals, they sound good even with altered tempo. Don't like Roland/Boss (because they sound crappy when altering the tempo).

Yeah, I'm using the JamMan, too. It's a fine pedal and for my needs the user-interface (with footswitch) is much better than the handling of the Roland/Boss-loopers in the same price-category (have not yet tested the fat MBT-Pedal above 500 EUR).

• I have the Ditto Looper - I bought it before I had the Kemper.

With a mono setup, the Ditto is (IMO) an excellent 'dead simple' looper. Sound quality is great (true bypass and 24bit for the stuff it records). 5 mins of loop, overdub, stop, undo once and volume of the loop you're playing back. That's about it.

But it is MONO. The way I wish to use it now is in the stereo fx loop of the Kemper and for that reason it is now not ideal.

One of the Digitech pedals which was due out in July was a similar price / feature set but was stereo. Not clear how the sound quality compares with the TC though.

As to one being built in to the Kemper with a future update? That'd be great but I'm guessing it'd have to write to an external usb for memory reasons. After all, the rig profiles are tiny and we can 'only' have 1000 or so before the system runs out of room if I understand it correctly (forgive me if not - I'm still new!). So if that's the case, I'm guessing the Kemper doesn't have much spare room so where would looping capacity go? Has to be USB I think or not at all. Anyone 'in the know' care to comment?

• Excellent, thanks for the info guys! :)

I actually have an essentially brand new Line6 M13 lying around that I suppose I could use as an option as well since it has the looper built in. Not terribly portable though....

Thanks
    D

Edited 2 times, last by gforces ().

• Since a looper hast to be operated with a footswtich (well at least for 99% users), my guess is it will be included in the future dedicated foot controller.

What makes you guys assume the 1000 profile limit is due to the KPA running out of memory? My bet is its running out of the allocated memory to store profiles...

Regarding loopers, love the stuff Digitech has done. But right now I've been using the looper in the Zoom G3.

• What makes you guys assume the 1000 profile limit is due to the KPA running out of memory? My bet is its running out of the allocated memory to store profiles...

Regarding loopers, love the stuff Digitech has done. But right now I've been using the looper in the Zoom G3.

Well.....

If the profiler has a writeable memory large enough to do looping in a decent manner, you'd imagine this would have been turned on much sooner in the product life than now if a looper was always intended. Otherwise it's been sat there doing a whole bunch of nothing for a long time.

If a looper was not always intended and the spare memory is there, then firmware would (surely?) be able to access that memory to store profiles and would not limit you to 1000.

So I've put 2+2 together. I quite accept that I may be making 5 - in fact I really hope that my reasoning is terrible on this occasion and that they get one going in a simple and elegant manner :)

• No offensive, but your making a pretty big assumption. Your argument is a company who released a product with an expectation of a 10 year lifecycle of updates didn't create some type of roadmap prior to release to reserve memory for planned future updates. I just can't see that. Especially since David Torn dropped a hint that he was participating in some capacity about adding a looping feature to the KPA.

• No offensive, but your making a pretty big assumption. Your argument is a company who released a product with an expectation of a 10 year lifecycle of updates didn't create some type of roadmap prior to release to reserve memory for planned future updates. I just can't see that. Especially since David Torn dropped a hint that he was participating in some capacity about adding a looping feature to the KPA.

Yup.

Hence me saying

"So I've put 2+2 together. I quite accept that I may be making 5 - in fact I really hope that my reasoning is terrible on this occasion and that they get one going in a simple and elegant manner :)"

• I like the Boomerang III. I had a Boss Loop Station and took it immediately off my board. It was the worst tone sucking pedal I've ever plugged in to.

Assuming you set up your looper in the X or Mod slot as an effect loop, be aware that if you use another effect in the other one of those two slots you may run into problems if that effect has a volume setting. The other effect's volume will need to be set to 0 or else turning it on or off will effect the volume of your loop regardless of it being in the X or the Mod slot. These slots are NOT in sequential order. See more details here

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Right now it'd be a great help to many if Mr Kemper actually told us whether the looper is going to be pedal-based or KPA internal feature to set the record at this present time straight.

• With Loopers it always depends what you actually want to do. I also had a Boss for a while (Rc-50), but it became quickly evident, that it wasn't enough fir what I wanted to do. After that I switched to using software loopers (Ableton in my case) which basically allows me to midi map and thus customize the looper(s), its FX and whatnot to my personal needs. It's a bit of a mindfuck, but it is also pretty rewarding, once you get it going and realize the full potential ;)

Cheers