Kemper Profiles all at different volumes!

• Yes to various degrees. Some people will set their volume past 12:00 and/or add eq boost or cabinet volume increase.

Recommendation: Set all rig volumes to 12:00. Make sure their are no eq boosts or cabinet volume increases unless you like the eq settings...but set the cabinet volume to 0 initially. Make sure your clean and dist sense are set how you like them. Then download a free db meter to measure sound levels for your phone or buy one. Cycle through your rigs and find the average level rig. Measure the db reading. Go through all your rigs and adjust the cabinet volume +/- to level the rigs. Just a recommendation but it has worked for me. I've adjusted all of mine as noted and it balances them out without changing anything else.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• It's a convenience thing isn't it. If you have 100's of rigs to go through & maybe pick out some favourites, then it's helpful if the authors make them all pretty close volume wise rather than many db of difference.
    That way one person has to adjust the volume rather than 1000's of people. Its' plain common sense.

• In theory they should all be equal if just normally profiled. Some people have noticed & mentioned variations in profiling volume without doing anything different (like I mentioned above). You just have determine your method and go with it. Once you do you are set.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• It's a convenience thing isn't it. If you have 100's of rigs to go through & maybe pick out some favourites, then it's helpful if the authors make them all pretty close volume wise rather than many db of difference.
    That way one person has to adjust the volume rather than 1000's of people. Its' plain common sense.

Again, the volume knobs are your friend. Due to differing compression and clipping amounts of profiles, input settings, and other effects in a rig it is impossible to auto level everything in the Kemper automatically. I will add though that I believe some people purposefully make their profiles louder as it is human nature to prefer a louder bright sound than a softer duller one.

• Again, the volume knobs are your friend. Due to differing compression and clipping amounts of profiles, input settings, and other effects in a rig it is impossible to auto level everything in the Kemper automatically. I will add though that I believe some people purposefully make their profiles louder as it is human nature to prefer a louder bright sound than a softer duller one.

Who expected it to be done automatically ?
    It's a case of the author setting them each to a reasonable level. Not the cranked ones 20 times louder than clean. I mean what use is that ?
    For example The Ruppert ones. All the same author but a huge difference in Volume between them. It's simply a nuisance. Lack of finish. Same seems to be the case for most other profiles. Strange to spend hours tweeking the variables to get what they want then not get the most basic thing right. Namely a normal sensible volume level.

• Wow, is this such a big problem that it warrants a public complaint? I mean, these people gave away these profiles for free, right? It seems tantamount to discovering a pile of cash, then complaining that you had to expend the effort to bend over to pick it up.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Wow, is this such a big problem that it warrants a public complaint? I mean, these people gave away these profiles for free, right? It seems tantamount to discovering a pile of cash, then complaining that you had to expend the effort to bend over to pick it up.

I don't get it either, but people are people.
    Best is to let the thread die and let them remain in their state of feeling so very miserable...