Atomic CLR Active Wedge

• I am struggling with this. I currently own a band PA system where our mains are 2 x ELX112p's and for our shows, and I run my monitor out with cabs off into the return on my orange TH30. I understand that I am not going to hear "what goes out to the crowd." I just feel like, if I spend the loot on the CLR (is it REALLY worth "Double" the ELX112p?), am I dropping $1000 on a SUPER MONITOR? Are people using these as back line amps as well?

• I am struggling with this. I currently own a band PA system where our mains are 2 x ELX112p's and for our shows, and I run my monitor out with cabs off into the return on my orange TH30. I understand that I am not going to hear "what goes out to the crowd." I just feel like, if I spend the loot on the CLR (is it REALLY worth "Double" the ELX112p?), am I dropping $1000 on a SUPER MONITOR? Are people using these as back line amps as well?

Good question. I've been using the ELX112P and it's really a good monitor for the price. I've used a couple of Carvin's, a JBL EON15G2 and QSC K10's and so far the ELX is the best IMHO. I want the best but I also hesitate to fork out $1000 for a monitor.

• You know, I've used the ELX112p as my back line once in an outdoor show that wasn't mic'd and it actually sounded pretty rad. Maybe I do just pick up another. Too bad they didn't make a 10" version.

• I started out with the Kemper and the ELX112p.

It wasn't bad, but the difference when I A/B'd the ELX and CLR was night and day.

I mean, not even close.

SO you can also imagine that the CLR would be outstanding for FOH as well.

BUT, as someone else mentioned, if your FOH's are always ELX's, then I would use that as my backline as well so you hear exactly what is coming out of the PA as well.

• IMHO if your FOH sound is always going through the ELXs then your absolute ideal floor monitor would be another ELX.

Totally agree.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.