Favorite midi controller for performance mode?

• I'm looking at buying another midi pedalboard for the sole purpose of playing live using Performance mode. I have a mission expression pedal so I dont need onboard expression. I need to be able to select any of the 5 slots directly as well as step up and down through performance banks. What are you guys using and what would you recommend? Ive done a fair amount of reading but failed to find much conversation on midi pedal boards that excel at live control of performance mode.

I have a Rocktron Midiraider that is great for jamming and does everything I want when in KPA Browse mode, but it sucks to control performance mode (in the rocktron All Access/Midiraider, CC#'s and state are always sent for each Instant Access switch on a per Progam Change basis, ie: It can't simply send Progam Change numbers alone to control performance mode).

I'm willing to spend up to $500 and would like something moderately compact and well built.

Thanks!

• The FCB1010 is on my list of possibilities (a touch on the big side for my needs, but acceptable I guess) but I don't know much about using it for performance mode specifically.

Would a UNO4kpa chip be needed to control performance mode or could I skip it? The FCB1010 has a lot of stuff on it and seems like true bargain (even at new price). Is it tough enough to be relied on live?

• For $150 you can get a brand new FCB1010, plus 16 Euros for the KPA UNO chip, and it's perfect.

This.

It's cheap, easy to set up, and has great switching options.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Ok. I'll give the FCB1010 a go. There are a few used ones going cheap in my local classifieds. I just ordered a UNO for kemper chip too. Even if the fcb1010 doesn't work out for me I'm going to be less than $100 Out of pocket. Good deal. Thanks for the advice guys.

• Well, as expected - the good people in this forum steered me in the right direction.

I locally bought a used FCB1010 for the princely sum of $45 and stuck in the Uno4Kemper EPROM (which was in my hands in the USA in 6 days - sent standard mail from Europe - amazing!). So for under $70 I'm a damn happy lad. Does everything flawlessly and is a cinch to setup/customize. My substantially more expensive Rocktron Midi Raider is boxed up and listed for sale.

Thanks for the advice guys! :thumbup:

• I'm using the FCB101o with the Uno4Kemper chip. It works just fine for my needs. I've been looking at the Liquid Foot + 12 +... man what a cool controller and has a nice programming interface!

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I use a KMI Softstep. Works great and I plug the USB into the back of the kemper for power!

I don't understand. Don't you also have to use the KMI midi expander and power that thru the Kemper USB or you just plug the Softstep directly into the USB and it controls the Kemper?

How many cords/cables run to the SoftStep?

Edited once, last by ur2funky ().