I'm new and here is my honest opinion.......

• On Saturday i got the Axe FX II, today i have already lined up its new owner!.....

Really, i come from a long line of modelers just like the next guy...before the Axe II i was settled with the Axe ULTRA, to all of those that say the Axe FX II is far better then the ULTRA! non sense.

Today my aim is on a Kemper, i really truly hope not to be disappointed as i was with the Axe II, its a great tool, yes, but it is far more complicated to dial in the what the ULTRA was, and frankly at this point i want something more plug and play and Kemper seem to be on top of that game.

So i hope i find a new family here.

• That was my first thought 8|

Welcome to the forum Mr. Rivera :thumbup:

Well Axe FX II right away didn't had that WOW factor i experienced right away with the Axe ULTRA, i just sold the Axe II last night and broke even, so no damage to my wallet. I know i could have gotten all the ULTRA's tone with the Axe II, but right at this moment i just have no time to tweak too much with the unit, and my best friend wanted the Axe II so it was a nice opportunity to sell it fast.

I hope to have a more WOW factor with the Kemper or al least loading some rigs known to have that WOW factor right away, if not i will go back to Axe FX II just because of the internal Matrix distribution of blocks that i really love from fractal.

• What the hell? Now, after bashing the AXE II, you are saying this on TGP?:

"Now that said, only the Axe FX so far comes as close to the real thing as anything can get out there."

Did you even give the Kemper a try?

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Nick,
    I am selling both of my Fractals. I had an Ultra and a Standard. I love the Kemper format and the sound. It took me a few days to figure out how to get the best sounds out of it but once I did, the Fractals are no longer needed in my set up. The 2 most important things for me to get through my head while using the Kemper were:
    1. Most of the profiles sound best the way the were recorded using Full Range Flat Response speakers. (FRFR)
    2. Garbage in, garbage out. A bad profile is a bad profile and is really hard to fix. A great profile is a great profile and will probably need little or no tweaking.
    Some of the contributors are great at making profiles! Also there are some commercial sites like The Amp Factory that have samples for you to hear before you buy.
    If I download a profile that doesn't sound good to me within the first few seconds, I just move on to the next one until I find what I want. This is to be expected because some of them are done in a bedroom by beginners with minimal quality equipment and some are done in studios by pros with maximum quality equipment.
    Good luck!

• If I download a profile that doesn't sound good to me within the first few seconds, I just move on to the next one until I find what I want. This is to be expected because some of them are done in a bedroom by beginners with minimal quality equipment and some are done in studios by pros with maximum quality equipment.

Hey Tony,

while this strategy surely helps not getting lost into the rabbit hole, and just for the sake of discussion, I'd say that sometimes profiles don't sound good to us just because they were meant for a Strato rather than a LP, or the other way round. Or because the amplitude response of the amp\cab\PA the author was listening back through is meaningfully different from the one we use. Or because they like the amp tonestack set much differently from us. Or because - see the factory rigs - a profile is meant for a mix and we listen to it alone, or the other way around. Or because the player's style\technique is rather different from ours, or they use a different PU\pick.
    I'm pretty sure that we would have no use for most guitar-heroes' record sounds, if we happened to play with their ger and setups.

What I'm saying is that, in the right context, most profiles are good IMO, and not necessarily a bad-sounding profile had a bad birth :D

:)

• I think everyone has their own eq tastes which affects which profiles work and which don't. There's an app on google app store for android called "Guitar amp settings" where a guy has basically listed many of our favourite bands with a generic eq, volume, presence and reverb setting typical of that band. Just a quick look at the settings in this app will show you the massive diversity available with just basic amp controls before other fx are put into consideration.

• Have you read this guys latest rants?

"believe what you want, but the quality and feel of the axe FX is at
    least 10 times superior then thats of a Kemper. Maybe next years when
    the new Kemper comes out it will improve somehow..."

It's hilarious stuff. :D

• Here.
    http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…read.php?t=1351667&page=2

I'm just as surprised as will_Chen when Will posted this on page 1 in this thread; "Wait a second...you the same guy from TGP. Wow... "
    I can't take this guy seriously when he repeatedly spam posts these short snarky responses on TGP in numerous modeling threads for a long time about how inferior everything else is. Reminds me of a cult member on a mission. The Pod hd threads on TGP are also filled with his posts like this and it's interesting why the moderators on TGP let him keep doing it.

• Well, he's clearly a little, ummmm, shall we say "off". But what he's really saying is that although he didn't like the Axe, he liked the KPA way less.

And the Axe being "10 times superior" is just laughable. It seems that he just likes posting on forums, even if he's posting troll-like garbage.

"Ignore the troll and he'll go away." :)

• Frankly, I doubt whether the guy has actually ever owned an Axe FX or a Kemper. I mean what's the next post going to be about? The gig he had the previous night at the Royal Albert Hall and how well the Axe FX cut through the mix? How he ran into Clapton in a pub round the corner afterwards and was asked by him for some inside tips on how to get the same great tone?

I think the guy's just off his meds.