Kemper not "remembering" my pedal choices when changing slots in performance mode.

• When I switch from one slot to another in performance mode and I had used a chorus (or any effect) in the chain one slot but turned the chorus off before switching to the other slot. When I go back to slot one, the chorus is back on again. Same with any effect. I use the effect, turn it off, switch slots via my fcb1010 with uno chip and go back to the original slot, the effect is back on. This is a new development. Has not happened before.

Thanks for any help.

RC

• IIRC, Mr. Kemper said in another thread that the updated firmware now remembers how you programmed it, instead of temporary changes you made while playing.

I prefer it this way. It's nice to know exactly how the rig will come up when you hit the preset footswitch.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Probably not understanding my issue. I'm in one slot that has my effects programmed in it. I activate one of the effects for section I play in a song, then deactivate that effect (hit the on/off) so I am not back to my original sound. Then if I switch to another slot for a different passage in a song and come back to my original one, it should be as I last left it but it is not that way. It turns on the effect I had on and had turned off.

Also good to note, if I wait a few extra seconds after turning the effect off, this does not take place. Unfortunately I have songs that require some quick changes and this is a problem.

Thanks

• Ok, I did misunderstand you.

First, what I'm saying is that now, the KPA is supposed to bring up rigs the way they were saved, not the way you last used them (i.e. if you saved the rig with all the effects on, then even if you turn them off while playing the rig, then switch rigs, when you come back, they will all be on). That's the way it's supposed to be.

But are you saying, when you come back to a rig, it brings it up with the effects in a different configuration than how you saved it originally?

The time delay thing does sound iffy, like it could be a software issue.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• The fx is recalled not with the last used status but as saved in the slot (if it is on it will be again on when you recall the slot, regardless of the last used status)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The fx is recalled not with the last used status but as saved in the slot (if it is on it will be again on when you recall the slot, regardless of the last used status)

That's exactly what it used to do, now it's recalling a different setup than what the slot was saved as.
    I thin you misundstand the problem perhaps.

• Does it happen randomly or consistently? To make an example: if you quit the slot at the same status it was saved it does change when you recall it?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Example,
    I have a rhythm slot with wah, eq, & flange.saved. The wah and eq on, flange off in saved mode. (my default setting)
    I turn on the flange for a part of the song, then turn off the flange all in the same slot.
    Then I change to the lead slot
    When I return to the rhythm slot, the flange is back on, even though it was off when I switched.

I have tried this with each of the effects in the chain with the same results, does not matter which effect is being used. I turn it on, then turn it off before switching slots. When I return to the slot the effect is back on again.

• The slots come up, as they were saved. Temporary changes such as effect switches will not be memorized., if the performance is not saved again.
    This is how it would work in Browse Mode, and how it has always worked on other units.

• The slots come up, as they were saved. Temporary changes such as effect switches will not be memorized., if the performance is not saved again.
    This is how it would work in Browse Mode, and how it has always worked on other units.

Hi Christoph,
    Yes this my understanding as well. Somehow it is saving an effect from a temporary change that has been turned off prior to switching from slots and reverting to something other than what was saved.
    There is something not working correctly.

Thanks!

RC

• Ugh, that is it Christoph.
    I can not reproduce the problem when switching only on the kemper.

Now I need to find out if it's my fcb1010 or UNO 4 Kemper chip.

Switching via MIDI does discard changes and loads the performance from its stored state again ("live situation")

This is not the case when using the Rig keys ("editing situation").

Timo

• Switching programs from a foot controller and with buttons on the KPA works differently in Performance mode:

- When switching with a controller, you will recall the slot/performance as saved.

- When switching presets/slots (within a Performance) from the KPA, it will keep all changes until you switch to another Performance. Then they will be lost, unless you save the Performance first.

I really like this behaviour, as I can go back and forth on the KPA fine tuning the slots in a Performance and then save the whole thing once when done.

That said...the preset is recalled as saved when using a midi controller, BUT the state of fx slots may also be programmed into some midi controllers. Then, the controller will override fx slot state saved with your preset...Not sure if this is the case with your controller.

I didn't fully understand what exactly happens in your case. Do you end up with the exact same fx slot states every time you switch back to a preset, or do they in fact vary depending on their last state? Try switching the state of fx slots, do NOT switch to another preset, but rather push the same preset switch again. Does that change the state of fx slots? Does it change to the same config every time?

• I do not think I can explain it any better than I did in post 9. Does not matter what effect I turn on and off, when I switch to the last program, that effect is turned back on again even though I had switched it off before switching programs.

• I do not think I can explain it any better than I did in post 9. Does not matter what effect I turn on and off, when I switch to the last program, that effect is turned back on again even though I had switched it off before switching programs.

It shouldn't matter what you did before switching programs. Try leaving the program with various fx slot on/off configurations....when you go back to that program, do you not end up on one particular on/off state configuration every time?