New guy in LA

• Hi everyone - I ended up in the Hollywood guitar center with
    too much cash and a head full of kemper forum posts! After an hour of noodling
    and fending off salivating salespeople (actually the guys were very cool in
    there), and with the assurance of the 30 day return policy I plunked the dough
    down...

I spend all day yesterday dialing in a couple tones to replace my "modded
    marshall" type set up - after years of GAS I have a couple amps that
    really delivery an aggressive, hi gain tone that works. Opting for a "one
    button" solution for live performance, I use a rjm mastermind midi
    controller, via a rjm mini amp gizmo, to switch on the 2nd master AND the
    Strymon Timeline in the FX loop. Then I jump up and down on my wah pedal while
    frantically thrashing my whammy bar... we're playing in Burbank this Sat if
    anyone's interested ;)

When they tell me to stop I hit another button to go back to
    dry master volume 1 (so I guess it's really a "two button" solution.)

I hope to implement the Kemper (I got rack with power amp,
    running thru either my 2x12 cab or 4x12) this week at rehearsals and rock the show
    with it if it sounds OK…. Which I think it might based on the tones I got
    yesterday!

Huge question – I can’t seem to replicate the simplicity of
    my current rig – if I do a midi program change to the same stack with a
    different volume and active delay I get a unacceptable lag between the presets –
    bummer! I reviewed forum and maybe this is software problem with new OS? Other
    good solution I saw and copied was to use midi CC’s to turn on/off a post stack
    boost (used a flat EQ in X slot)and another button in same program to turn
    on/off the delay – but that’s two buttons I gotta hit! Not counting the two
    more when they tell me to stop… I tried stomping on both buttons at the same
    time but I guess the rjm will only send one. ?(

Any suggestions? Can the FCB-1010 send two CCs from one
    button? Is that a midi limitation? Is there a way to send a midi PC that doesn’t
    tell the kemper to change presets, just send a couple CCs…. I won’t have much
    time to experiment this week before the stage lights blind me.

Thanks in advance! All ya all seem pretty helpful!

• I think I found my answer... I will report back!

Can´t find a certain CC-Number

Well I got a bit deflated - I was hoping CC# 16 would turn the delay slot on / off but looks like it doesn't,,, I guess I can move the delay to the MOD slot :?:

- but then obviously I don't get the benefit of using the dedicated delay hardware for the DELAY slot - which I was looking forward to being able to make quick adjustments in the room this Sat since we only get a line check!

Any MIDI expererts out there ? I've been scouring forum(s) but don't really know the technical terms to ask... I get a noticeable delay if I send a MIDI program change to change to same stack with the boost/delay already on.....

8| Trial by fire, as usual.

• Welcome ewrath! If you're trying to turn the delay on/off then use CC 26 (cuts tail) or 27 (keeps tail). These are documented in the reference manual, page 71. You can set the controller to issue two CC's together.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome ewrath! If you're trying to turn the delay on/off then use CC 26 (cuts tail) or 27 (keeps tail). These are documented in the reference manual, page 71. You can set the controller to issue two CC's together.

Thanks man! I contacted RJM directly - they are very responsive - got reply :

>>"Unfortunately, the Mastermind can only send one CC per IA button. A
    possible workaround is to create presets that don't send PCs, only CCs.
    If you go into edit mode, you can set each PC to "---" which means don't
    send anything. You can do this by pressing the 2 / PC/CC Number button
    until you get past 127 (or 128). The next press will get you to "---"

I will try tonight.

• I will try tonight.

Well I didn't --- but managed with a footswitch for delay and another for the boost - sounded pretty good! Bandmates liked it, no noise - that's nice. Only spent 15 seconds EQ'ing to the carpet covered rehearsal room. Used on board 600 watt amp thru early 80's straight Marshall 4 x 12 with mix of 25 and 30 watt green/blackbacks. My other band jams tonight so I will delve in some more... so easy to set up, nice n light, big pluses!

It still sounded like me playing - I guess one always dials in "their" sound regardless of the amp, in the end - not sure if that is exactly a "plus" but I sure can't blame the KPA for any shortcomings last night.

Looking forward to the gig!

• Show tomorrow night! Feeling pretty confident about the KPA's performance, at least at rehearsal (again last night) it's sounding good. I haven't had time to reprogram the mastermind so I'll be having to stay on one rig and using to IA buttons to engage boost and delay - I've managed so far with only falling over once!

I have FCB 1010 coming and ordered the Uno for Kemper chip since seemed like a good idea - altho looks like no editor for Uno for Kemper chip? Still hoping to be able to go from primary rig to boost and delay sound with one stomp, doesn't seem like the UFK can do that w/o an editor... also unclear whether the stereo 1/4 foot switch functions on the KPA can be utilized with the UFK chip/ FCB1010 combo. So maybe the standard Uno chip w/editor is the way to go to access advanced features. ?(

I'm really hoping the FCB 1010 doesn't exhibit the time lag between Program Changes that the mastermind is - then I can just have a different rig for lead... or program one exp pedal for volume, other for delay mix.... I will keep updates coming!