Engaging two EFFECTS with one button? Program Change has time lag!

• Hi - new guy but have gig in four days so eager to get my Kemper up and running... I have a RJM Mastermind and I am hoping to engage both a Boost ( I set up an EQ in the X slot) and Delay, with one button on the Mastermind - the obvious choice of just sending PC to switch to a rig with the effects on doesn't cut it since there seems to be a rather long time lag in switching (I've noted others having similar problems on this forum but haven't found full diagnoses or solution)

The DELAY has a volume parameter but it's only 4 db - not enough.

The INVERT function (CC# 16) doesn't include delay (or reverb). So I set up two buttons in Mastermind Instant Access mode hoping I could just crush them both at same time but it will only send one CC at a time. :pinch:

My MIDI skills / knowledge is basic so any input is appreciated!

• Interesting request, as I've done this in the past with my Rig Kontrol. In Kemper, for multiple efx activated at once, I use a slot as you've described except I don't experience any lag time in switching. I'm left to wonder why the difference? (on the flip side.. I'd love to be able to switch multi-efx with one button on the pedal board.)

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I believe that with the FCB1010 and a standard UNO chip you can configure two CNT commands for a single stomp button...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I contacted RJM directly and I got a response in about 3 seconds... ! They have always been great with customer support at RJM, even before I bought my mastermind so +1.

>>Unfortunately, the Mastermind can only send one CC per IA button. A possible workaround is to create presets that don't send PCs, only CCs. If you go into edit mode, you can set each PC to "---" which means don't send anything. You can do this by pressing the 2 / PC/CC Number button until you get past 127 (or 128). The next press will get you to "---"<<<

I will try this tonight - report back tomorrow.

• I believe that with the FCB1010 and a standard UNO chip you can configure two CNT commands for a single stomp button...

The FCB1010 in stock form can assign up to 5 PC and 2 CC to every pedal. With the UNO, those 2 CC messages can each be set to toggle between 2 values. Such an awesome controller...