Help! Monitor Output is dead!

• Hi, I have my Kemper since 5 months ago aprox (the sound is amazing BTW). Still exploring it. I had it updated, backuped, browse, edited, all through main outputs to studio monitors. Today for the first time I wanted to try "monitor output" to a power amp and guitar speaker (monitor cab off) and NO SOUND COMES OUT AT ALL! only hiss. Tests I did:
    - I tested cable and monitoring system: Everything is OK (other sources DO sound through the power amp-guitar speaker)
    - While there's only hiss at monitor out, my guitar (profile) sounds normal through the main outs at the same time
    - Checked and unchecked "Main Out Link", "Monitor Out Link", "Headphone Link", "Monitor Cab Off", "SPIDF out link", "Constant Latency", still no sound.
    - moved all the Monitor Output EQ controls
    - At Output Source, tried all options of "Monitor Output". The only difference: At "Off" the hiss dissapeared.
    - Tried different profiles
    - Rebooted
    - Tried all combinations of all Ground Lift buttons
    - Disconected main outs
    - No pedals connected, both "Unplugged" and "Off"

Please help!! Regards.

• I don't know what to say.
    times ago I was trying Different cabs on the same power amp.. plaing the same MP3 in Aux in as reference.
    and all in a suddent, the Aux in Controls to main and Monitor do not Work.
    there is no way to adjust mp3 level if not from Source..??!!??
    .. seems they stay Fixed in ONE position for both Main and Monitor aux in Levels..
    maybe Tweeking too much???
    well
    I switched back and forth for a while checking everithing possible,
    what You Wrote About '' the hiss mute if I Switch Monitor Out OFF..the rest of choise had no differnce..
    "At Output Source, tried all options of "Monitor Output". The only difference: At "Off" the hiss dissapeared."
    in your case it's a Hiss.. in Mine Was the ''constant Level of aux in''.
    Not too much loud or quite..normal ok but Not Adjustable anymore
    ( maybe in Your case is too much quiet.. a constant Hiss..sound More An ''Imput issue'' than output but..who knows!)

than I thought the current version had somenting, I try to install the previous version (Was on 2.1..don't remember exaclty..serching for a first previous one but found 1.8..) Installed 1.8
    BUT
    in that version the wasn't such those parameters..
    so..I didn't do anything than go to the Site.. Re download the lates version, installed and KPA it back to work Good as I remeberd.
    I din't know what I've done.. Nothing.. but now works.
    try to download the lates from Site :(

• Hiss indicates that the speaker is working. If you tested the cable, that's not the issue. Seems to be routing related, hope it's not a hardware failure, which might require warranty service.

Other than a system reset, I would suggest a firmware reinstall, as suggested by Sollazon. It might be that something was corrupted the first time you installed it and you might not have caught it till now because you didn't check.

I think I should test out all the outputs on my Kemper now 8|

• Well, thank you very much guys for replying and helping! I did as Guitartone said, (restarting while holding "System" button) AND IT WORK! Now my "Monitor Output" works fine. Thinking about what Sollazon said, maybe what happened was the same problem he had: my "Monitor Output" got stuck or freezed in one setting, in his case at volume "x", in my case at volume 0 (the hiss i got sounded like when you zero the guitar volume with a hi gain preset in your amp, which was my current preset at the moment). Could it be a bug? Must observe the circunstances when it happens again. Well, I hope it NEVER happens again, it would be a disaster if I'm performing live! Again, thank you very much for your support! Regards.

• I would suggest a firmware reinstall, as suggested by Sollazon

A forced "re install" will not help in any case. It will never resolve any issue.
    When the firmware is applied, it is only being executed if it passes a checksum test.
    In rare cases, the reset of the global settings might help, if you're stuck, but, as said, this is rare.

Timo

• Timo, this monitor out issue (specially on brand new unit) is there since the very first beginning and it has shown with all firmware releases...and was always solved by deleting the System cache. I've give that advice at least 50 times in the past 2 years and it has always worked. Is this nothing that could be eliminated from the OS?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Timo, this monitor out issue (specially on brand new unit) is there since the very first beginning and it has shown with all firmware releases...and was always solved by deleting the System cache. I've give that advice at least 50 times in the past 2 years and it has always worked. Is this nothing that could be eliminated from the OS?

A simple system reset has cured this problem in every single case.

There was a time when in production two firmware versions had been used, one for testing (1.4.) and one for the final shipment that was applied before shipping. This was with 1.6.0, so usually the first Rack units that got shipped were having this problem. Everything, that came shipped with 1.6.0 was potentially hit by that special problem. And exactly THIS case was (easily) solvable with a Reset of the global parameters.

But with currently shipped units, that isn't an issue anymore. We haven't had any single report that was not hit by the special situation I described above. For quite a while this has ceased.

IF there is a new problem, we are not aware of it. There are also no tickets regarding any new issue. If you HAVE an issue, it is helpful NOT to reset everything (which of course could solve something) but to contact support with a backup of your Profiler. This way, a potential bug can be analyzed and fixed. Since resetting global values has also impact to your configuration (favourites etc.), it should be avoided or at least not the first thing to do.

Timo

• Mr C Kemper and Mr Timo, thank you very much for chime in and help. No recurrent problem yet with my Kemper. But thinking about what Timo said, in case of a problem is better to contact support and send'em a backup so they can analyze in search of a bug, what should I do with ANOTHER problem i have with my Kemper? Check please: "Volume pedal to wah" problem
    Thanks for your support guys, peace :) .