Input LED is red...when I´m NOT playing...

• Hi Everyone,

I love the LEDs on my Kemper, at least the ones that still operate. I already lost 6 greens.

But that´s not my problem right now. My input LED seems to work in reverse: If I don´t play guitar - in fact even if no cable is in the input - my input LED is red.
    And guess what: the harder I hit the strings the more green the LED gets. Funny, eh? :rolleyes:

It doesn´t seem to affect the Sound or anything, well, not yet. Anybody else having this issue?

Greetings

BTW: I´m on 2.0.1 8601, The unpowered Darth Vader Head, not Stormtrooper oder Square head

• Try updating to the most recent OS, if it doesn't work open a ticket with support and send a copy of your backup.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I opened a thread with this exact problem some time ago. You'll probably see it further down the list. I'm having this problem too. When nothing is connected to the input or my guitar is down down/off, the input light goes red. It's NOT a OS problem however I'm beginning to think that when I updated to 2.1.1 it somehow 'triggered' this problem but I could be wrong, and probably am lol. Doing a system reset also doesn't fix it as I've tried that. I've tried different guitars, leads and a wireless...still there. I contacted support about this and they suggested I send in the unit to be looked at/repaired. They also said it's not a 'serious' problem where you can blow the input but nevertheless it's not normal. I've noticed that with mine, SOMETIMES the red light goes back out but then when you take a real close look at the input light the red light is kind of flickering slightly on and off. Sometimes the 'strength' of the flicker differs from strong to weak it's really strange.

I can't do without my Kemper as I'm a pro musician so this is a real needle in my head so to speak and worrying about it every gig is not good :(

• Would be nice to be able to switch between / see what the input was on each individual input on the KPA in that situation to see where it thinks that hot source is coming from (main input, aux/one of the three alternate inputs, spdif etc) rather than just the overall "input" which seems to be the sum of all channels. At least that way you could put your fears to rest and narrow down the exact source of the problem.