I think I've found my go-to cab

• Try the cabs you didn't like on other amps - i get the feeling that there's more than just EQ in the KPA's cab section.
    Some of the cabs i've made sound terribly bassy on some amps and perfect for others, while a different cab might sound perfect on both.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Try the cabs you didn't like on other amps - i get the feeling that there's more than just EQ in the KPA's cab section.
    Some of the cabs i've made sound terribly bassy on some amps and perfect for others, while a different cab might sound perfect on both.

Remember that the KPA doesn't fully separate the cab from the amp. I've become less of a fan of switching out cabs on profiles. On most that I've done it with, I can still hear some of the original amp in there if that makes any sense. Sometimes it's a good thing but I guess the purist in me likes an original profile of the amp & cab better.

• Yeah, my recommendation is to use the original cab if it sounds good. And by that I mean, apply some EQ and reverb treatment before writing it off.

the problem is that for a lot of free profiles, there's very limited options, and some of them are pretty awful, but only because of the cab profile. this is where a cab replacement can help you dial in the tone. sometimes, cab replacements eradicate the original tone of the profile and you get a tone that is not authentic to the amp being profiled. You have to wrap your head around that before starting. Of course, sometimes a cab replacement sounds like you simply switched the real cab/mic connected to the amp - the amp still retains all its feel and unique tonal aspects.

If you aren't worried about authentic tone but just want good tone or you want to try to find a unique sound, switching cab profiles is a good tweak.

The way I think of it is the cab profile captures all resonance data, even resonance inherent to the amp through any cab. Such resonance is often a crucial part of the amp's tone. So switching cabs is like making a frankenamp, or like modifying the given real amp. Resonance also plays into the microphone(s) used to profile as well.

• Personally, I have no determent in using anything which sounds good to me. If a cab takes some amp with it and ot sounds good, I'm ok with that. When i need a pure reproduction of a rig I uso a whole profile as usual. But some profiles really sound better on my system/ears when swapping the cab.
    We can have the best of two worlds... Why not?

:)

• This is exactly how I use cabs. I prefer to use the original, so that I have a true reflection of the amp. However, there are times when I'm looking for a particular tone, and that's when changing cabs provides amazing options and flexibility.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I will ad that I've tried cabs from amp profiles of similar tube types and find it sounds very interchangeable when switching. When trying the cabs from amps with differing tube types I find amp bleed through compromising the original amp.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: